Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 01:45 PM

946 posts, read 3,266,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancingearth View Post
And how long ago was that? And isn't it time to revisit it! Sounds like the state of NM is thinking about it--haven't read the details but I saw a few weeks ago they were considering four day work weeks because of the price of gas. I tried to talk one of my bosses into letting me work 4 1/2 days (same # of hours) but didn't get anywhere. By next summer I'll bring it up with the head guy so I can go weave on Fridays at las Golondrinas. Narrow thinkers here. Maybe after a year here he'll realize I know how to manage my time and work.
Los Alamos NL has a nine days in two weeks schedule and I believe has done so for years. It seems to work out pretty well with workers getting a three day weekend every two weeks. I'd guess that Sandia has something similar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 06:34 AM

1,305 posts, read 3,611,970 times
I would be happy if I could move from my 6 day work week to a 5 day work week.

Old 07-01-2012, 07:33 PM

195 posts, read 421,053 times
Well I'm going to try this on Wednesday. We'll see how this works out for me...

Old 07-02-2012, 08:32 AM

974 posts, read 2,343,939 times
I'm always amused when I see a thread with the last post several years ago resurrected - like this one.
That being said, I'll be flipping pancakes on the plaza starting at 7:00am in one of the tents - probably the blue one - with my colleagues. I've volunteered for this event for several years now - it's a fun way for folks to spend time together, eat breakfast and donate to a worthy cause.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:50 AM

55 posts, read 105,052 times
Um...what is amusing about it?

Old 07-03-2012, 11:48 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times
Schedule of Events:

• 7 am-Noon: Breakfast Served!
  • 7 am-Noon: Children's Activities: Coloring Contest – Win a new Bicycle from Wal-Mart! (in the coloring tent on the west side of the Plaza)
  • 7 am-Noon: Silent Auction – Bid on great stuff and support Santa Fe's children and families (in auction tent on west side of the Plaza)
  • 7 am-5 pm: Arts and Crafts Show (on Palace Ave. and Lincoln Ave.)
  • 7 am-1 pm: Car Show (vintage and cool cars on Lincoln Ave.)
Entertainment Schedule:

• 8:00 am: Welcome
  • 8:15 am: Vietnam Veterans of America, Northern NM 996
    – Posting of Colors, Lisa Lashley, Bagpiper
    – National Anthem, Rose-Marie Lenahan
    – Santa Fe Concert Band
  • 8:30 am: Santa Fe Concert Band
  • 9:40 am: Santa Fe Men's Camarata
  • 10:30 am: Manzanares
  • 11:45 am: Santa Fe Vintage Car Association
  • 12:00 pm: Air National Guard Band of the Gulf Coast
  • 1:15 pm: Bus Tapes
I have not been in over 10 years, we usually have items going on in the ABQ area...

MORE INFO: 37th Annual Pancakes on the Plaza

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 07-03-2012 at 05:05 PM..

Old 07-03-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungalagungala View Post
Um...what is amusing about it?
I was amused in the way the comedian George Carlin was amused by wondering why - like:
"[SIZE=2]Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?"
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]"Why do they have braile on drive-through ATM machines?"
"Why women have a "pair" of panties, but just one bra?"
"[SIZE=2]Why are there interstate highways in Hawaii?" [/SIZE]

So, I wonder why a thread that hasn't had a post in 4 years suddenly gets answered? I find that kind of funny - but maybe I'm the only one! I guess I could have used the word "bemused" also....

[/SIZE]

Old 07-03-2012, 04:28 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatSantaFe View Post
So, I wonder why a thread that hasn't had a post in 4 years suddenly gets answered? I find that kind of funny - but maybe I'm the only one! I guess I could have used the word "bemused" also....
I don't find it funny.

1. They show up on many search engines. That is good. The Administrator likes that.

2. It has been discussed many times in two other forums here. Check out http://www.city-data.com/forum/about-forum/ and http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/. Other reasons are listed. It's not really a New Mexico topic.

Quote:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/23178556-post5.html

02-28-2012, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Our policy has always been that reviving old threads is fine and I don't foresee it changing. We have a special icon that indicates revived threads to make it easy to skip them. These old threads still get a lot of readers, so updating them with new information helps people. Even if the original poster does not see the new reply, others will.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:43 AM

195 posts, read 421,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Schedule of Events:

• 7 am-Noon: Breakfast Served!
  • 7 am-Noon: Children's Activities: Coloring Contest – Win a new Bicycle from Wal-Mart! (in the coloring tent on the west side of the Plaza)
  • 7 am-Noon: Silent Auction – Bid on great stuff and support Santa Fe's children and families (in auction tent on west side of the Plaza)
  • 7 am-5 pm: Arts and Crafts Show (on Palace Ave. and Lincoln Ave.)
  • 7 am-1 pm: Car Show (vintage and cool cars on Lincoln Ave.)
Entertainment Schedule:

• 8:00 am: Welcome
  • 8:15 am: Vietnam Veterans of America, Northern NM 996
    – Posting of Colors, Lisa Lashley, Bagpiper
    – National Anthem, Rose-Marie Lenahan
    – Santa Fe Concert Band
  • 8:30 am: Santa Fe Concert Band
  • 9:40 am: Santa Fe Men's Camarata
  • 10:30 am: Manzanares
  • 11:45 am: Santa Fe Vintage Car Association
  • 12:00 pm: Air National Guard Band of the Gulf Coast
  • 1:15 pm: Bus Tapes
I have not been in over 10 years, we usually have items going on in the ABQ area...

MORE INFO: 37th Annual Pancakes on the Plaza
Thanks for the schedule. Considering its 745, looks like I will miss some of the events.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:56 AM

It was fun again this year. I was out there by 6:30am and serving up pancakes at 7:00. The lines never seemed to end and were as long as ever when I ended my shift at 10:00. Yet, despite the lines, nobody complained and everyone was in good spirits. After volunteering I went over to see the car show; wow, there were some amazing vehicles on display. I hope those of you who attended got a chance to see that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe