Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 11:24 AM

3 posts, read 8,999 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are moving to SF this summer and I was seriously excited about the idea, until I found this board. With the exception of 2-3 regulars, everybody seems to only focus on the "gangs", panhandlers, traffic, and poorly-paid police department.

Do all of you also complain this much in real life, or is it just SF that makes you so miserable?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 12:41 PM

107 posts, read 274,098 times
That's a pretty hostile post! I guess people are honest in their feelings here- some find SF a utopia and some can find some fault with it. Pretty much like everywhere. When you get here you'll form your own personal opinions, right?

Old 07-11-2009, 05:05 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,032,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SultanofBling View Post
My wife and I are moving to SF this summer and I was seriously excited about the idea, until I found this board. With the exception of 2-3 regulars, everybody seems to only focus on the "gangs", panhandlers, traffic, and poorly-paid police department.

Do all of you also complain this much in real life, or is it just SF that makes you so miserable?

Thanks.

well then dont come if you dont like what you hear

Old 07-11-2009, 08:24 PM

1,938 posts, read 4,751,696 times
Six months ago this board had a lot more conversation on it then one person
using a number of different ID kept on posting inflammatory article after inflammatory
article then abandoning that posting without ever responding. This went on
for months and the messes he(?) created were never cleaned up.

I think that drove a number of people off and it may take a long time for the
Santa Fe board to recover.

Old 07-11-2009, 08:49 PM

5 posts, read 22,519 times
Mike, nice of you to post a level-headed response to the OP. Seriously, no offense folks, but replying "well, if you don't like it, then leave" isn't much of a help to anyone, and arguably more hostile than the point the OP'er was making....albeit he could have chosen better semantics to begin with ...

Old 07-12-2009, 12:04 AM

4,552 posts, read 15,032,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayeSF View Post
Mike, nice of you to post a level-headed response to the OP. Seriously, no offense folks, but replying "well, if you don't like it, then leave" isn't much of a help to anyone, and arguably more hostile than the point the OP'er was making....albeit he could have chosen better semantics to begin with ...

true, but I dont care if the op likes it or not, maybe if he moves here he will choose his words more carefully

and everything he mentioned he didnt like hearing about, he will find in Santa Fe.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:24 AM

3 posts, read 8,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Horrell View Post
Six months ago this board had a lot more conversation on it then one person
using a number of different ID kept on posting inflammatory article after inflammatory
article then abandoning that posting without ever responding. This went on
for months and the messes he(?) created were never cleaned up.

I think that drove a number of people off and it may take a long time for the
Santa Fe board to recover.

Yes, that is unfortunate because many of the older posts are extremely informative and useful. Many of the recent posts, however, have taken a turn for the worse and seem to register any complaint that comes to mind, as if there is some magical force that will immediately eliminate the problem after it is posted on the internet. It's like "wow", just deal with it.

By the way, thank you for the response. Clearly, my intent was not to flame the entire group posting on here.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:39 AM

137 posts, read 474,861 times
Back to the issue of today in Santa Fe, I think it is a great place to live if you are open minded and have some money for housing and living. It is a wonderful city and I think it is far more beautiful than most cities. There is a wealth of cultural activities to choose from as well as outdoor sporting/ adventure. Yes, there are problems with education, crime, poverty, and so forth.
It is a great place to live if you go into it with realistic views and do not idealize the area like a Georgia OKeefe painting, for example.
The same can be said of many great cities--Austin, Chicago, Denver--it depends on what you want and what you put into any community.
Good luck!

Old 07-12-2009, 10:40 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,086,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Horrell View Post
... drove a number of people off ...
My impression, but not a scientific survey, is that in all of the NM forums, the people that just post most of the negative stuff tend not to contribute very much and just come on with 'one-zies' and 'two-zies' posts about how bad stuff is.

A lot of them have obvious chips on their shoulders about how misunderstood they are and how hostle others are to them.

Old 07-12-2009, 04:04 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,741,887 times
Quote:
My impression, but not a scientific survey, is that in all of the NM forums, the people that just post most of the negative stuff tend not to contribute very much and just come on with 'one-zies' and 'two-zies' posts about how bad stuff is.
You are 110% right Mortimer. In addition, we have lost some valuable members it seems such as Towanda who always was there to remind us how much we really love Santa Fe.

Well to woard off some of the negativity, Santa Fe was voted once again 5th best city in the US and in the top 20 among best world cities for travelers for something like the 21st year in a row. I think that speaks volumes for the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe