Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 08:14 PM

383 posts, read 1,024,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.W.Deering View Post
There is nothing your pest control guy can do to get rid of spiders. There is no treatment that will kill them, or so I have been told by our pest control guy.

Be thankful they are just wolf spiders. I killed 2 brown widows on my pool screen and 1 black widow just outside my front door last week. Three poisonous widows in the span of a couple of days.

All this rain we are having must be driving the spiders to look for drier spots.
One of the local companys in Charlotte Co. say that pesticide dusting in the attic will control spiders,but i cant verify that statement! For now I still do all my own pest -control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 07:53 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,091,177 times
I had a bunch of spiders around my house here in MD. They all stay outside, so I never bothered them, and they never bothered me. When I cleaned up outside I always broomed away the webs, which they'd just rebuild. This summer, I decided I wanted to reduce the number of them, so I bought some insect killer that I spray on my yard to kill ants and other insect pests. You hook it up to the hose, and don't need to measure anything - just spray it. So, I went around and sprayed the yard, and sprayed the underside of my decks, porch ceilings, overhangs, gutters and everything, and I was surprised that almost all of the spiders are gone. It doesn't stain or anything either. I think that did as good a job as any hired exterminator would do. Several companies make a good product, and I bought it at Home Depot - my favorite store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area