Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 04:12 PM

110 posts, read 995,050 times

Advertisements

I'd like to hear what your favorite downtown restaurant/s is in Sarasota. Not fine dining, but rather places that have a good selection of dinner entres under $16?

Food Quality is priority #1, and a good atmosphere is also important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 06:31 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,930,209 times
I like Knick's but I usually go there for lunch: Knick's Tavern & Grill | Outdoor Dining | Southside Village | Sarasota

Old 11-20-2010, 09:58 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,426,903 times
Not sure it's Downtown but I love Yoders for a great homestlye meal. The fried chicken is great and I dont do it at home simply because of the mess it makes of my stove..

Old 11-20-2010, 11:10 AM

1,695 posts, read 3,045,971 times
The first that come to mind are Two Senoritas, Cafe Epicure (a few things under $16), El Greco (?), Patrick's, Word of Mouth, even Barnacle Bills has a few things under $16.

Old 11-20-2010, 12:04 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,345,973 times
Definitely and without a doubt try Pho Cali, which is absolutely great! Whether you get pho (big bowl of terrific noodle soup) or you opt for bun (vermicelli noodles topped with anything from short rib to chicken), you ought to be happy. We really wish we lived closer, but then I'd need to take out a bank loan for our weekly restaurant bill.

The Drunken Poet Cafe is decent enough Thai (though not the best in Sarasota).

Two Senoritas definitely makes the grade, but as I have said elsewhere, the REAL standout here is the shredded beef enchiladas. I like the room too.

Old 11-20-2010, 12:09 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,345,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligula1 View Post
Not sure it's Downtown but I love Yoders for a great homestlye meal. The fried chicken is great and I dont do it at home simply because of the mess it makes of my stove..
Slightly off-topic, because you're right--Yoder's is definitely NOT "downtown..."

We had the buffet across the street from Yoder's yesterday, at the Dutch Heritage restaurant, and I have to say, it's a GREAT value at $12.95. The food was awesome for a buffet (everything was spotlessly clean), included everything from salad to biscuits to soups to roast beef to fried chicken to dessert items, and was served by the friendliest human being in the world.

Even the mint iced tea was fantastic.

It definitely lacks the homey feeling of Yoder's, but I couldn't find any other fault.

Old 11-20-2010, 12:14 PM

477 posts, read 987,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
Slightly off-topic, because you're right--Yoder's is definitely NOT "downtown..."

We had the buffet across the street from Yoder's yesterday, at the Dutch Heritage restaurant, and I have to say, it's a GREAT value at $12.95. The food was awesome for a buffet (everything was spotlessly clean), included everything from salad to biscuits to soups to roast beef to fried chicken to dessert items, and was served by the friendliest human being in the world.

Even the mint iced tea was fantastic.

It definitely lacks the homey feeling of Yoder's, but I couldn't find any other fault.
I just realized that the Dutch Heritage here is the same one from Ohio. Our favorite in Ohio was Der Dutchman but Dutch Heritage was great, too. Love that broasted chicken!!

Old 11-20-2010, 12:19 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,667,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachymom View Post
I just realized that the Dutch Heritage here is the same one from Ohio. Our favorite in Ohio was Der Dutchman but Dutch Heritage was great, too. Love that broasted chicken!!
The Dutch Heritage here used to be Der Dutchman. It was bought out about 8 years ago (although the staff and management didn't change at the time).

Old 11-20-2010, 12:50 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,930,209 times
I would have to agree with Rushmore on Pho Cali. I had lunch with Gringosid and his wife one afternoon there and it was very good.

Old 11-20-2010, 06:16 PM

440 posts, read 1,053,249 times
Not in downtown.(sorry)- up on University, try Olive R Twists. Very reasonable, home cooked meals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area