Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 09:08 AM

3 posts, read 21,227 times

Advertisements

Hoping someone can help with our thoughts on Venice.Vacationed there a few times to get to know a little about the area. My wife and I love the area, been there in summer, couple times in winter. I read all the posts about Venice and older population there and not the "best" for kids growing up. We dont have a problem with that, knowing that their are children and schools there, we realize that they will have to be driven around to see friends from their schools,etc. It's the same situation here in Jersey as they go to a private (Catholic) school. We looked at Epiphany Catholic school in the past and loved our visit there. That would be our intentions, can anyone suggest any sub-divisions that are more kid friendly anyway, or any other thoughts on our thinking. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 09:20 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,998,436 times
Stoneybrook----lots of younger families there!

Old 02-01-2011, 11:54 AM

Thanks Edgewater, did look at Stoneybrook, more than normal HOA fees,if I remember, it was more like 4 years ago. I think they had assoc.. fees, then you also had to pay on the development, or upkeep fee along with the builder for so many years...? Does this arrangement of fees sound familiar to anyone. The homes and the recreation area were very nice. Any other areas in Venice or surrounding areas with the price range of 200k- 250k?,

Old 02-01-2011, 01:51 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,912,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinjersey View Post
Thanks Edgewater, did look at Stoneybrook, more than normal HOA fees,if I remember, it was more like 4 years ago. I think they had assoc.. fees, then you also had to pay on the development, or upkeep fee along with the builder for so many years...? Does this arrangement of fees sound familiar to anyone. The homes and the recreation area were very nice. Any other areas in Venice or surrounding areas with the price range of 200k- 250k?,
Yes, in Stoneybrook the HOA fees are$448 quarterly and there is a CDD fee of $802.

In Venice your options, if you want to say under $250k are:

Chestnut Creek
East Gate
Gulf View Estates
Jacaranda Country Club
Jacaranda Country Club
Lake of the Woods
Pennington Place
Pine brook South
South Venice (the vast majority of the homes will be in here)
Stoneybrook
Venice East
Venice Gardens
Venice Golf & Country Club
Waterford
Woodmere Lakes

If you don't mind being slightly north of Venice you should check out Rivendell (in Osprey) and Turtle Rock (in southern Sarasota county) , both would be excellent choices. It would be very hard to find homes in your price range in either subdivision but I think it's possible if you keep an eye out for the foreclosures that pop up.

Good luck with it.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:50 PM

1,439 posts, read 2,919,146 times
South Venice has more families than any other neighborhood that SoFLGal mentioned in her excellent list. 200k will get you a nice home in that neighborhood west of US41 and maybe some extra land.
East Gate inside Venice city limits has families also. South Venice and East Gate are not deed restricted but I think they have voluntary HOAs.
The other subdivisions mentioned in SoFLGal list are definately have less young families, and are more geared toward the retiree.
Hope that helps.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:45 PM

Thanks SoFlGal, & Col. for replies, have to get down there again soon, hopefully my home in Jersey sells this coming season but really cant afford to reduce price much more. Had it on market almost a year now! Appreciate all the help on the area.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:39 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,463,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewater Homes View Post
Stoneybrook----lots of younger families there!
While there may be younger families, the construction is sheer crap. I wouldnt buy a home in there if they were 20k with no fees. I have seen some building practices in there that make me wonder how the builder is even in business. If you buy, even new in there I would shell out top dollar for a really thorough inspection, including the concrete slab. For the quality, it is over rated.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:19 PM
GPH

94 posts, read 232,500 times
We bought in Pinebrook South, have 2 teens and we love it. The home is used for frequent vacations for now. When we were doing our morning walk, we noticed quite a few parents waiting with their kids for the bus. They gathered by the clubhouse and were waiting in their cars, is was wicked cold that week in December! Good Luck

Old 02-03-2011, 04:28 PM

66 posts, read 190,667 times
I would move into an older neighborhood (like South Venice), the newer subdivisions are really part of the problem and are just not that great, unless you're into homogeneity and fakeness.

Nokomis also has plenty of nice family homes west of 41.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:36 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,463,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPH View Post
We bought in Pinebrook South, have 2 teens and we love it. The home is used for frequent vacations for now. When we were doing our morning walk, we noticed quite a few parents waiting with their kids for the bus. They gathered by the clubhouse and were waiting in their cars, is was wicked cold that week in December! Good Luck
I love it! Coming from New England and still describing the cold here as wicked. Its a wicked pissa it wasnt warmer for you . I need to call my brothers now so I can here it ..... gosh I miss the verbage from New England.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area