Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2011, 11:42 AM

33 posts, read 67,979 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,

Can anyone suggest a great spot on the beach for a wedding ceremony? I'm thinking something much more hidden and not so typical - as in not directly off the cross walk at Lido Beach at the Holiday Inn...

Any thoughts on renting a beautiful beach front home for a ceremony or total wedding from ceremony to event? Who should I ask, can anyone think of someone that would rent out their home like this for a wedding? Vacation home rentals etc.? Interested in finding a gorgeous beach bungalow or beautiful spanish style 1940's home etc.

THNX
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 12:07 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,925,572 times
I got married at Mary's Chapel at Spanish Point in Osprey. It's a very small non denominational church and you have to walk through a covered canopy of trees to get there. It's really cool-but not on the beach. Historic Spanish Point Weddings (http://www.historicspanishpoint.org/Weddings_.htm - broken link) Just kind of thought of this when you mentioned the 1940's house.

Now if you're doing the beach thing then I would look at Anna Maria Island. It's still very "old Florida" and if you're going to find a beach cottage to rent out, that would probably be the spot. Looks like Anna Maria is having a "Wedding Festival" in a few weeks: The Official Guide to Anna Maria Island or The Official Guide to Anna Maria Island

Congrats!

Old 02-02-2011, 01:11 PM

164 posts, read 356,201 times
You may want to check this out:

Unique Wedding Locations - AnnaMariaIsland-LongboatKey.com

I got married at Longboat Island Chapel. While not on the beach, they have a gazebo on site in a lush garden area that made for some beautiful photography. Then we went across the street to Whitney Beach for more photographs. Just another option for you to consider...

I know what you mean about having a wedding on a populated beach. I've seen alot of weddings take place by Lido Beach Resort and, while a gorgeous setting, I would want more privacy.

Have fun planning your wedding!

Old 02-02-2011, 02:14 PM

1,580 posts, read 3,143,097 times
i have seen weddings at middle beach on manasota key and at the beach house on anna maria island.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:45 PM

33 posts, read 67,979 times
great ideas! thank you guys so much!!! i also contacted Ceviche's which i LOVE LOVE LOVE and they said it would be a great idea to possibly rent out the entire place (think late sunday afternoon into evening during off season to save on $$$) and have a spanish roof top theme but have the ceremony beforehand somewhere on the beach...

hmm... back to more research thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area