Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 09:54 AM

3,179 posts, read 6,001,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Hey I know Harbor Hopper is renting Jamie for the 23rd weekend but if anyone wants to do the south Lido loop on the 23rd with us we're game.

We have our own kayaks but those of you who don't I would recommend renting from here: Kayak Rentals - AdventureKayakOutfitters.com Frank (Adventure Kayaks) is a good guy and is actually good friends with Jamie. Jamie's company, Silent Sports Outfitters doesn't run boats up that far unless you are going on a tour. I think Frank has his boats down at South Lido around 11am and you can stay out til 5pm (without a guide). I know he books up fast so if you're looking for that weekend I'd suggest calling and checking on availability.

We'd be happy to have anyone who wants to go.
Well shoot, if you want to do Lido on the 23rd, my group can just rent kayaks from Frank and follow you (if that's OK?) rather than hiring a guide to go to the same place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2011, 10:10 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,920,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Hopper View Post
Well shoot, if you want to do Lido on the 23rd, my group can just rent kayaks from Frank and follow you (if that's OK?) rather than hiring a guide to go to the same place.
That'd be fine with me. Frank's kayaks are $45 for a single and $55 for a tandem but you get them for 11-5-no guide.

Jamie is $35pp with a guide but you only get 3, maybe 4 hours depending on his schedule.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:22 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,465,002 times
I want to thank SoFlGal, the Harborhoppers and Jnanner and crew! You guys were so much fun to paddle around with. What a great day on the water. I think I am going to pass on any more kayak trips with the gang though, unless I get written statements that someone else will be towing around the queen of the nile...... kidding of course, I had an awesome day .

Jnanner are we seeing a bike event on the legacy trail anytime soon for you and Col D? Bah forget it, I dont want to carry her bike........ LMAO

Oooh gotta run Jnanner, Steven is calling. Something about a crazed New Yorker using his pool and telling the staff she is Mrs. King...... Ill let you know whats going on.....

Just too funny! And let hubby know I am going to find a guide to take us out on pork safari!

Old 04-04-2011, 09:05 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
It's such a pleasure reading all of your postings about the good time you all had. So happy you all finally got together and had such a fun time. Hope there will be more pics coming.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:34 PM

531 posts, read 1,161,843 times
I do have a question. What is the "shark tank" you refer to in the pictures?

Old 04-05-2011, 04:00 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,920,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen and Jim View Post
I do have a question. What is the "shark tank" you refer to in the pictures?
Oh, the shark tank is an old Mote Marine research tank. It's a seawall that runs in a circle and is about 30'x30' round. It's in the middle of one of the islands. One of the walls is missing so you can actually go in the tank an paddle around.

It was one of Mrs. Mote's first research projects. Her scientists would pluck she sharks out of the water and transport them over to this tank and then do research on them. This was before they had the City Island location.

I remember hearing about it when I was a kid but never made it out there.

Our guide, Jamie, used to paddle his friends/enemies out there when he was a kid and threaten to throw them in the tank

You can't really see a lot here but here's a brief video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNPeY...layer_embedded

Last edited by SoFLGal; 04-05-2011 at 04:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area