Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2011, 09:58 AM

2 posts, read 4,368 times

Advertisements

My fiancé and I are thinking about moving down to Venice and finishing up college down in Florida, but we don't know if we can afford it and if it is a viable option, moving across the country. I've read a lot of negative things about Florida, but I don't know if the information is bias or even current. What should we be aware of in the area? And what should we look into in trying to move down there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 10:18 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,920,068 times
I guess we need to start out asking what your concerns are? It's hard to address them without knowing what they are.

If I were you my first and foremost concern would be jobs, which is a very real and valid concern. What type of employment would you be seeking?

What college would you be attending? It would probably be wise to live in close proximity due to the gas prices.

Also Venice, in general, is an older population (65 is the average age). I'm not sure if that would bother you or not.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:34 AM

3,179 posts, read 6,001,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjessica View Post
And what should we look into in trying to move down there?
What does this question mean??? I don't understand.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:37 PM

33 posts, read 67,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Hopper View Post
What does this question mean??? I don't understand.
Probably wants general information about moving and what should their priorities be if moving to florida -

step 1. where? (as in why venice, not an ideal location for college students...?)

step 2. rent or own?

step 3. job or no job bc you are still in college?

step 4. how much does all of this cost and do you have the savings to pack up and skip town OR are you saving over a period of time and what is your timeline for this move like?

tell us more! i graduated from RCAD in 2007 and love the area and am finally moving back. wahoo!

Old 03-23-2011, 05:55 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,465,002 times
All information is biased to a certain degree. Is Florida a good fit for you? Only you can answer that. You need to ask a lot of questions, read through the answers and take everything with a grain of salt. The grass is not always greener, but I can assure you, we are a lot warmer than the rest of you .

Every place has good and bad, you compare the 2 and sacrifice some things in order to gain something else.

How old are you both? What do like to do? Do you want slower paced living or city life? Lots of things to consider before you jump. I love Venice, even more after easter but this is home and we love it here. Is it perfect.... nope. Are there worse places to be..... yup.

I spent lunch today over looking the gulf of mexico watching 2 dolphins play in the shallows, it was around 74 degrees with a wonderful breeze off the gulf. What was your view
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area