Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 03:12 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times

Advertisements

I think the snowbirds are heading back now. The past few days I've driven up to the Venice area and the interstate is packed with cars with out of state plates and car toppers heading north.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2011, 12:11 PM

462 posts, read 1,707,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soflgal View Post
i think the snowbirds are heading back now. The past few days i've driven up to the venice area and the interstate is packed with cars with out of state plates and car toppers heading north.
allrighty then!

Old 03-29-2016, 10:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,063 times
Default Snowbirds leaving???

I will have to venture out during the day and see for myself.
For three months i only go out after 7 pm as Venice streets role up at that time.
I love having my snowbird friends here. So I make adjustments while they are here.
Of course widening Tamiami Trail ( I live right there) at the beginning of season seemed like a bird brain idea to me!! I always wonder WHAT ARE THE POWERS TO BE THINKING!!
I will enjoy having my beaches back. Lazy summers( or any time its not snowbird season) in
Venice is Paradise!! I love it here. 17 yrs and counting!! yipppeee!!!

Old 03-29-2016, 10:47 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,503,710 times
Snowbirds are not supporting my family in any way - our jobs are not related to them and we pay tons of taxes to support our services here.

My husband noticed the flatbed trucks carrying the snowbirds cars back up north.

I also think because of the bad economy or because they are getting older - many of them seem to be selling their northern homes and moving here year round

Old 03-29-2016, 11:01 AM

14,950 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy in Nokomis View Post
Snowbirds are not supporting my family in any way - our jobs are not related to them and we pay tons of taxes to support our services here.

My husband noticed the flatbed trucks carrying the snowbirds cars back up north.

I also think because of the bad economy or because they are getting older - many of them seem to be selling their northern homes and moving here year round
Seems to be that way doesn't it? We've seen the growth, and heard a lot of comments from other folks who've seen it too.

For those snowbirds still heading back home, seems the timeframes for leaving start any time at the beginning of April, till about mid-May. Although I have seen snowbirds arrive as early as mid-September, and leave as late as June 1.

That leaves the window where we long time full timers can enjoy our little piece of paradise without all the crowds getting narrower and narrower, seems to me.

Old 03-29-2016, 04:29 PM

1,217 posts, read 2,836,184 times
No one is leaving early in Englewood. Beaches just as busy and my snowbird pickle ball friends (some US some Canadian) say they leave end of March. I am soooo looking forward to being able to eat out at a restaurant again and park at the beach.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:36 AM

643 posts, read 471,823 times
The clogged roads are not great but a lot better. It was very bad this year for a few months. I can actually find a parking spot at Walmart.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:27 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,405,261 times
This is an old thread but again relevant because Easter was so early this year. As I told my snowbird neighbor, I'm not one of those full-timers who complains about the snowbirds and says I can't wait 'til they leave. In our 55+ community (which is about 70% snowbirds), we have a ball "in season" when they're all here. Tons of activities, lots of happy hours and going out to dinner or to the Legion to dance. But then, they leave....and we full-timers can finally rest! Catch up on doctor's appointments, catch up with friends who are also full-timers for leisurely dinners at uncrowded restaurants, go to the uncrowded beach and noodle around in the 89-degree beautiful peaceful Gulf. Best of both worlds!

Old 04-02-2016, 11:56 AM

78 posts, read 109,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
This is an old thread but again relevant because Easter was so early this year. As I told my snowbird neighbor, I'm not one of those full-timers who complains about the snowbirds and says I can't wait 'til they leave. In our 55+ community (which is about 70% snowbirds), we have a ball "in season" when they're all here. Tons of activities, lots of happy hours and going out to dinner or to the Legion to dance. But then, they leave....and we full-timers can finally rest! Catch up on doctor's appointments, catch up with friends who are also full-timers for leisurely dinners at uncrowded restaurants, go to the uncrowded beach and noodle around in the 89-degree beautiful peaceful Gulf. Best of both worlds!
You have a great attitude! I agree.

Old 04-02-2016, 01:06 PM

4,862 posts, read 2,673,519 times
they didn't go far..they just came over to Port Charlotte..went to chick filet today for lunch on tamiami and every seat was taken..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area