Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 07:21 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,925,572 times

Advertisements

Tomorrow night my girls and I are going up to St Pete to see Katy Perry. Kind of like bubble gum music, for the most part. It should be fun.

Then we're staying over night in Tampa and dropping my middle girl off at Busch Gardens for her two week camp. One week is zoocamp and the next week is thrill seekers/roller coaster camp.

It should be a fun weekend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 07:45 PM

879 posts, read 1,953,828 times
that sounds fun. where do the campers stay?

Old 06-09-2011, 07:53 PM

They have dorm rooms at Busch Gardens where they stay. Each camp is a week long. This is the first time she's done an overnight camp. I think she'll be fine, maybe a little home sick though.

This is what they do in Zoocamp:
Here are just some of the experiences:
  • Create animal enrichment treats in the Zoo Nutrition Center
  • Hand feed a giraffe from the back of a flat bed truck
  • Encounter animals up close daily and make new best friends of the two-legged and four-legged varieties.
  • Explore Busch Gardens’ animal exhibits and enhance your conservation knowledge about wildlife at risk during interactive group activities
  • Enjoy all the world class rides, shows, and immersion animal exhibits Busch Gardens and Adventure Island have to offer
If animals are your passion, this is the camp for you. Investigate the animal kingdom and all its diversity. Find out firsthand why a snake is a reptile, what animal is most closely related to a hyrax and other classification clues as you explore the animal world. Go on a quest to find native Florida wildlife along the Hillsborough River. Discover the interconnections between animals as you experience a Serengeti Safari to feed giraffe, see zebras and more. Plus, enjoy all the fun and adventure of Busch Gardens.

Zooventures is a 5-night long camp which begins at 12:00PM Saturday morning and ends promptly Thursday morning at 9:00AM.

And here's the Xtreme Adventures camp:

Are you a theme park fan? If so, this camp will deliver lots of twists and turns just for you. Learn the insider tips into designing and building amazing coasters. Then buckle in to enjoy the most intense coaster rides, including the brand new Cheetah Hunt at Busch Gardens. Expect the Xtreme at Busch Gardens, SeaWorld and more!

Here are just some of the experiences:
  • Defy America's first 3 launch coaster, Cheetah Hunt, and reach 60 mph in just 3 seconds!
  • Experience up-close animal interactions
  • Splash away summer heat in the cool pools at Adventure Island
  • Fly like a ray on SeaWorld's Manta and then dream the night away next to marine life
  • Spend a day experiencing all the thrills at Universal's Islands of Adventure
  • Challenge all the world class rides, shows, and wildlife at Busch Gardens and SeaWorld
Xtreme Adventures is a 5-night long camp which begins at 12:00 PM Saturday morning and ends promptly Thursday morning at 9:00 AM.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:45 PM

275 posts, read 715,294 times
I went with Sue to see Michael Buble' a couple nights ago, so if I could get tickets to see Katy Perry, whom I like, she'd better be enthusiastic to go with me to see her

We've had some pretty outstanding seats these past few concerts, so if anyone wants to see my pictures of Bob Seger (twice) and Michael Buble', check out my Facebook page (not sure, but you might have to "friend" me to see them__hey, you could do a lot worse! ).

Old 06-10-2011, 04:43 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,465,667 times
Have a great weekend Super Mom!!!!! Hope you guys have a blast.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:52 AM

Thanks OMW

Randy-I want to see! I'm gonna friend you. I love pics. Our tix are right in the pit next to the stage so we ought to have good seats/standing. I'll bring my camera and post pics. I heard her set is supposed to be like Candyland!

Old 06-10-2011, 07:19 AM

493 posts, read 1,386,672 times
Sounds like fun SoFLGal, I think she will have a great time, I'm jealous they didn't have anything close to that when I was young, although we did have 6th grade camp!

Old 06-10-2011, 10:04 AM

Anyone got any recommendations for restaurants in St Pete? We'll probably grab a bite to eat before the show.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:20 PM

8,266 posts, read 4,666,091 times
Katy Perry's "California Girls" is a kind of an upbeat fun 'bubblegum' type song - but I'll take The Beach Boys "California Girls" song every time. -

Old 06-10-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondermint2 View Post
Katy Perry's "California Girls" is a kind of an upbeat fun 'bubblegum' type song - but I'll take The Beach Boys "California Girls" song every time. -
Yeah it's a cute song. I heard she throws beach balls into the audience for that song.

A few of her songs are a bit racy like
Peacock and
I Kissed a Girl

Probably my favorite two Katy songs are
Wakin Up In Vegas and
Thinking of You. They don't get much radio time but they're on my CD

Her biggest hits are probably:
Hot n Cold,
Firework,
Teenage Dream and
ET

It's funny cause I think my oldest kind of looks a bit like her. When she dresses up for prom everyone said she looks just like her.

Holy smokes! I didn't know it was going to embed the video of each one. I just put a link to it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area