Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 10:58 AM

108 posts, read 234,903 times

Advertisements

We just bought a home in Greyhawk Landing and looking to add a pool, at an ecomomical price. Does anyone have info. of pool installers that will do the entire job w/lanai and cage for around 20K? I want the job to be well done of course, but hoping due to the economy.. need I say more. Also may need recommendation on where to purchase tile and an installer for a later date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 11:07 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,150,786 times
the consesus is a pool and cage will be 25-30 depending if you ndont have any heating and dont need a stem wall..

at 20 you will be heading into desperate cowboy country

we had a superb job done by Casa in PC ,stem wall, large deck, pool heater $29

i think Harbor hopper paid a bit less without stem and heater ??

Old 06-28-2011, 11:22 AM

3,179 posts, read 6,002,426 times
Actually we have heat, but solar not electric. And salt chlorinator. $27k. At 20k, you're looking at a VERY small package.
To the OP, do a search for "pool" here and you will find numerous threads on this subject. It gets brought up at least twice a month, so rather than re-hashing it all (again), do a search and find all the info you need.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:30 PM

108 posts, read 234,903 times
Thanks, just wondering if "sales" ever come along or if theres ever a slow time of year for pool buyers.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:43 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,150,786 times
I think both HH and I found that time :-) we both shopped around an awful lot and got what we thought were pretty good deals

there is one compnay that was advertsing 'pool for 19k' you didnt get any heat,cage,and it was a small basic box.
fraid yer git what yer pays fur

Old 06-29-2011, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
I think both HH and I found that time :-) we both shopped around an awful lot and got what we thought were pretty good deals

there is one compnay that was advertsing 'pool for 19k' you didnt get any heat,cage,and it was a small basic box.
fraid yer git what yer pays fur
The company you are referring to (that sits in parking lots with a big sign during weekends) is now advertising the complete package for $16,900. Apparently they weren't getting any business advertising $19,900 package. I wouldn't talk to them. Sounds like a bait & switch scam to me...
The OP "wants everything" for a price that can't be done I'm afraid, unless you sub-contract everything yourself, which can save $5,000 or more.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:43 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,550,239 times
Get pool estimates from several different companies using the exact same criteria. Suggestions: Fulton Pools, Grant Pools, Casa Pools - all in Port Charlotte, FL. One way to save money is to get the pool installed with the footers for a screen and screen it in later. In the meantime, you can put a fence around the yard or just around the pool. That is what we did. We still have an open pool with no screen. You have to have alarms on the windows and doors if you fence in the yard.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:21 PM

Also check Tropical and Popa, both in Port Charlotte. They were my final two candidates. Grant sucked from the minute they walked in the door (and all 5 minutes they were here!) All others spent at least an hour for the first meeting to know exactly what I was looking for.

Old 07-01-2011, 04:51 AM

219 posts, read 677,092 times
Default pool

had our pool done by pool hut ,project was completed in a timely matter ,excellent quality using shot crete,pebble finish contact bob he is a resident of bradenton and spends time making sure the project goes well 941-448-9401 he'll explain all the pros and cons

Old 07-01-2011, 05:51 AM

275 posts, read 715,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamRE View Post
Get pool estimates from several different companies using the exact same criteria. Suggestions: Fulton Pools, Grant Pools, Casa Pools - all in Port Charlotte, FL. One way to save money is to get the pool installed with the footers for a screen and screen it in later. In the meantime, you can put a fence around the yard or just around the pool. That is what we did. We still have an open pool with no screen. You have to have alarms on the windows and doors if you fence in the yard.
Can you elaborate on that, please?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area