Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 09:00 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,091,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Forbes View Post
LOL! Maybe we better have a trial fit before you get close to the limit?!

Here's a shot with my late father in the car (I just know that he used to be bigger...):
No worries - I'll fit! Believe it or not my first car was an MG midget! My father bought it for me, and put a roll bar in it. A few years later I sold it to a friend of mine who still has it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 10:02 AM

531 posts, read 1,162,260 times
What a great picture of you both.......thanks for sharing!!

Old 07-30-2011, 10:10 AM

164 posts, read 356,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
YAY! I hope you negotiated 8 weeks of vactaion time!

Unfortunately the buyer was very hard nosed about my time off since I will not be there the 1 to 3 years they usually require. But like a friend of mine keeps telling me, "keep your eye on the prize" so I am trying not to sweat the small stuff. I am just very glad they are letting me leave sooner.

I foresee us making several Friday evening to late Sunday trips down there for the next few months. And we will definitely be there for two weeks in November (one week without pay ) at our timeshare on Lido Beach.

And, yes, Randy is looking forward to driving our convertibles all year round, instead of them being garage queens during the winter.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:00 AM

1,464 posts, read 1,842,626 times
Quote:

Here's a shot with my late father in the car (I just know that he used to be bigger...):
Great pic!

Old 07-30-2011, 11:46 AM

275 posts, read 715,393 times
Quote:
No worries - I'll fit! Believe it or not my first car was an MG midget! My father bought it for me, and put a roll bar in it. A few years later I sold it to a friend of mine who still has it.
OMG!

We've met, and you know my size (5'7"/155Lbs) and I don't fit in a Midget! Well, at least not comfortably

I've had a slew of MGBs, so naturally, I've picked up a few Midgets over the years too. I used one as my utility sportscar in Louisiana (most people around where I lived had tractors, but I used the Midget...). Somewhere, I have a picture of it, setup with some angle-iron "rakes" to smooth a freshly graded lot I was living on

Yes, Sue kept her goal and maintained her course, come hell or high water! The stress is far from over, but at least for the work we have left to do, we will be able to keep our eyes on the prize

Old 07-30-2011, 06:53 PM

233 posts, read 720,909 times
Congratulations! All good things come in time. You'll be here before you know it!

Old 07-30-2011, 07:32 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue in Ohio View Post
Well, today was my last day as a business owner. After my big disappointment last year with a sale that fell through at the last moment, I finally sold my practice today! Other than the brief "OMG, what have I done" moment, I am very excited!
Quote:

Happy for you, Sue in Ohio. Wishing you and Randy a easy transition to your new life to come. Happy planning.

RF, great pic of you and your dad, sure it contiually brings memories that put a smile on your face everytime you view it. Adorable.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:25 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,091,177 times
Quote:
OMG!

We've met, and you know my size (5'7"/155Lbs) and I don't fit in a Midget! Well, at least not comfortably

I've had a slew of MGBs, so naturally, I've picked up a few Midgets over the years too. I used one as my utility sportscar in Louisiana (most people around where I lived had tractors, but I used the Midget...). Somewhere, I have a picture of it, setup with some angle-iron "rakes" to smooth a freshly graded lot I was living on

Yes, Sue kept her goal and maintained her course, come hell or high water! The stress is far from over, but at least for the work we have left to do, we will be able to keep our eyes on the prize
Yeah, it was a very tight fit, and not all that comfortable. I had to put my hand on the ground, then put my legs in and then turn myself up to a sitting position, and reverse the process on my way out. But, hey it was fun to drive.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:52 PM

125 posts, read 194,340 times
Quote:
I had my very own racing green MG Midget in the eighties. I thought I was the cat's whiskers as I drove it around London with the top down but I also had a fibre glass hard top made for it for when the weather was inclement..........which it usually was! Didn't realize America also had MG Midgets. Present car is a Citroen and I know that you don't have those!

Old 07-31-2011, 09:40 PM

275 posts, read 715,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth.emm View Post
I had my very own racing green MG Midget in the eighties. I thought I was the cat's whiskers as I drove it around London with the top down but I also had a fibre glass hard top made for it for when the weather was inclement..........which it usually was! Didn't realize America also had MG Midgets. Present car is a Citroen and I know that you don't have those!
Perhaps not, but I've had this for over thirty-three (>33) years!

1957 Austin-Healey 100/6

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/254495_10150225487303291_743998290_7041145_1892044 _n.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area