Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 01:05 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,373,994 times

Advertisements

My goodness, I actually feel "chilled" today with the no sun shine and the rain. This is the coolest it has been since we moved in 3 months ago.

I think it's funny that I feel chilly, this would have been considered a warm rainy day up North.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 01:37 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,550,239 times
I know, I used to live in Syracuse, NY and now when I go back to visit if it is 70 degrees or cooler, I am cold. The same way here, when it gets down in the 70's it definitely feels cool. I thought we were supposed to get this rain over the weekend from Tropical Storm Lee, but it appears we are getting it now. I live in Charlotte County, FL and we have been getting rain and winds off and on all day. They are calling for lightening storms too. I enjoy a refresher day once in awhile.

Last edited by TamRE; 09-06-2011 at 02:08 PM..

Old 09-06-2011, 01:47 PM

4,895 posts, read 14,142,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nphomeowner View Post
My goodness, I actually feel "chilled" today with the no sun shine and the rain. This is the coolest it has been since we moved in 3 months ago.

I think it's funny that I feel chilly, this would have been considered a warm rainy day up North.

Wait till it goes below 60 come winter...that's when we pull out the snow hats.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:17 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,550,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Wait till it goes below 60 come winter...that's when we pull out the snow hats.
Right - and the blankets, and the socks, and the throws for the couch. Luckily those days are few and far between. It really is funny how your body adjusts to the heat. I used to laugh at my brother when I came down to visit FL in the winter and he would have long pants on and I would have shorts and a t-shirt. And when he came to NY to visit me he would freeze and actually shiver in the Fall time. He wouldn't come to visit in the winter. Now that I moved to FL I know the feeling all too well. But I love it here.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:44 PM

3,645 posts, read 7,152,641 times
ok -imagine it down in the 40s and lasting for the next 6 months -thats England :-(

Old 09-06-2011, 03:08 PM

125 posts, read 194,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
ok -imagine it down in the 40s and lasting for the next 6 months -thats England :-(
I'm in England and last winter it got way below that temperature. We moved from London to the West Country which is usally quite mild but last winter we had quite heavy snow and freezing conditions. My palm tree died!

Old 09-06-2011, 03:13 PM

24 posts, read 19,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
How would you like to be in Cleveland Frigging OH It is horrible here, miserable

America's Worst Winter Weather Cities - Forbes.com

"Our measures show that those in Cleveland experience the worst winter months. Located on the south shore of Lake Erie, the home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has relatively mild summers but its winters require endurance. Cleveland gets hit by lake-effect snow, averaging almost 60 inches every winter and its frigid winters help produce an average annual temperature of only 50 degrees, 10 degrees below the 50-city average."

Old 09-06-2011, 03:38 PM

879 posts, read 1,953,828 times
i like these breaks from the sun. i actually drove around today with my sunglasses off for a little bit! I like the sunny days but these days refresh me if that makes sense. sometimes you need a break!

Old 09-06-2011, 03:50 PM

125 posts, read 194,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imwithstupid View Post
How would you like to be in Cleveland Frigging OH It is horrible here, miserable

America's Worst Winter Weather Cities - Forbes.com

"Our measures show that those in Cleveland experience the worst winter months. Located on the south shore of Lake Erie, the home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has relatively mild summers but its winters require endurance. Cleveland gets hit by lake-effect snow, averaging almost 60 inches every winter and its frigid winters help produce an average annual temperature of only 50 degrees, 10 degrees below the 50-city average."
But according to essessess esq. Cleveland is wonderful. I was so impressed that I was going to visit there on my ext visit to Florida

Old 09-06-2011, 03:54 PM

10,234 posts, read 6,319,495 times
Feels GREAT to me, but it is STILL too hot and HUMID. LOVE IT not seeing the horrible 90 degree SUN. I pushed up the AC but still too warm to wear jeans or a sweatshirt. Only time that happens here is maybe on a January night. Booooooo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
View detailed profiles of: