Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2013, 09:00 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times

Advertisements

My husband has taken down the hurricane clear plastic panel this house came with and would like an option for storing them outside the garage...
we are not allowed to have yard sheds due to HOA rules...not arguing against that because I too find them problamatic if not maintained...
but having lot of trouble finding a deck box-type storage solution...
the panels are 8 ft long and 4 ft wide/tall as they are horizontal or vertical...and can be laid with channel lyin gin channel so they stack very closely...
It is the length--8 ft that can't be compromised--and need a little more than that for ease of in/out movement...
Any suggestions beyond building one himself...
he is capable but would be time consuming and treating the wood to last long in the exposed FL climate would be a pain...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 10:26 AM

5,663 posts, read 10,737,453 times
I've never seen a storage box like that (or if I have, I didn't notice) but maybe an overhead storage shelf in the garage might solve the problem.
Overhead Garage Racks

Old 10-22-2013, 01:22 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,545,164 times
Most people store them in their garage. It only takes up a small space. I have even seen someone make a platform in their garage close to the ceiling and store them there. If you don't have a garage, then that is a different story. I don't know of any storage containers that would be large enough. Best of luck.

Old 10-22-2013, 02:41 PM

4,788 posts, read 10,605,228 times
Agree with TamRE: I store my metal ones in the garage; most FL garages have an 'area' for panels, usually just inside the garage door jut out wall. My metal ones are leaned vertically, and held in place with a metal stap. The plastic ones are even lighter...should be cake to store them in a garage, or even up in the attic over the garage, during 'winter'.
GL, mD

Old 10-22-2013, 06:37 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times
My husband was hoping to move them outside--maybe on the lanai--or maybe out in the yard...
we have a double garage but our SIL is storing a vintage pickup he got when his dad passed awy on one side and with the standard fridge, a work bench, and garbage cans and tool storage the wall space is kind of cramped...
I know we would have more space if our SIL would volunteer to move his dad's truck but don't think that is going to happen and we like him to well to ask him to move it...

I saw couple of ways to steor them overhead but there is not much room with way the garage doors pull in and where the attic opening is...plus my husband says they are VERY heavy as group--he is afraid that even with strong bolts they could pull out of the ceiling and fall...

thanks for the replies though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area