Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 06:45 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,682,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
This post has been written and rewritten is several incarnations here. Yes, everyone has a pet cause. Yours is obviously loud cars. OK, we get it.

But for God's sake, when people start suggesting calling 911 and lying about the offense, I would just like to say that is a worse crime than the one you are reporting, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

P.S. There are PLENTY of places in this country to live where you will virtually NEVER hear a loud car stereo, much less a "sonic deathmobile driven by domestic terrorists" or whatever it is you're saying.

In the time it has taken you to wring your hands over this for so long, you could have simply moved to a different town or neighborhood.

Life's too short.
Disclaimer: Non-Florida resident here

I have lived in places where people have those so-called boom-cars...and trust me, at 55, my hearing is just fine, thank you very much...am I a big fan of that stuff? Not really, but then again I don't walk around with a boner whining and taking up good space on a chat forum, railing on about something people really don't give a flying French flip about, either...

I have learned that this is a very diverse country---and I use diverse in the context of 'everybody doesn't think and/or act alike'...this has enabled me to learn about cultures and races and creeds and religions etc. that aren't my own, and I feel better for that experience...and that INCLUDES being around car folk---boom-car people, lowrider people, monster truck people, big-rim people, the whole 9 yards...

There are far more worrisome things in this country/world to deal with, besides having an overloaded diaper because 'wahhhhhhhhhh!.....mommy, his stewweo is too LOUUUUD! ' Find some handy tools, build a bridge, and proceed to get over it, because last time I looked, none of us here, myself included, were anointed and appointed to tell anyone else how to live, or what volume level is appropriate for a car stereo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 06:49 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,679,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
You've never had the misfortune to stop at a long red light, a loud, thumping boom car next to yours?
Of course I have... And I roll my eyes, mutter to myself what an idiot the person is & move on with my day- not to give it a second thought.

Most people easily deal with life's little annoyances & there are others who become all too obsessed about nothing. Guess who is who in this thread?

Old 09-30-2011, 10:45 AM

490 posts, read 624,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
You've never had the misfortune to stop at a long red light, a loud, thumping boom car next to yours? You roll up the windows, cuff your ears, nothing seems to work! One option, is to run the red light to escape the pain!

That's what they're doing in Roseville, Michigan, where an epidemic of boom cars has the residents in revolt, protesting at city hall. To escape the pain, many are merely running red lights, making illegal turns, relief at last!

That happened to me a couple months ago stopped at a red light. If there had been no traffic, I would have risked running the light. My hearing was not the same for another day!

Go ahead and minimize the dangers of boom cars all you want, time for them to go!

Good for Chicago, they'll even impound the vehicles, besides a fine!!!
LOL Really? At first I thought the original post was a joke but I'm realizing that some people are serious about this. Loud cars are dangerous? Second hand bass? Some people will go to no end to spread bad will to others. Find a cause to get behind that will put some good will out in the world instead of finding more ways to hate people. Leave the kids alone. They'll grow up. Jeez Louise.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:37 PM

118 posts, read 209,726 times
Move, Move to where? Did you know that Lake Wales just passed a tougher ordinance because after the 2nd district court ruling, they got tons of complaints and it a took drive bys the Mayor's home to finally get them to do something.
Lake Wales Approves New Rules on Vehicle Noise

I'll tell you what when you find a place in America that has more brains then heavy bass let us know! Oh and as for leave the kids alone, it' s not just kids, it's adults and organized gangs, do some research and you will find some of these "kids" have attempted to run over and kill both citizens and officers when told to turn it down. If people would bother reading the US Doj paper on "Loud Car Stereos" they would realize this is not just kids. If people would bother spending some time learning about the gang in L.A. who killed a toddler after the family took a wrong turn and found them "thumping" it's all on lowertheboom.org. I'm sorry but ignorance is not, bliss especially when it comes to something this heinous. The will never grow out out of it, it's addictive if you read what experts have to say on the matter you would never say they will grow out of it, this is not what you and I grew up with it's seductive and don't even get me started on the profanity and violence that goes along with it! So go ahead leave them alone, just hope you or a loved one will not be their next victim! It's real easy to make comments about something you know so little about,try having to have to have to endure this day in and day out for a decade, watch your life go down the tubes because you can't get a decent night's rest afraid to drive from point A to B sheesh I couldn't even finish typing this sentence without being interrupted by a SAV drive by right here in good old Southgate!

Last edited by naturelovers; 10-06-2011 at 12:53 PM..

Old 10-06-2011, 12:52 PM

3,179 posts, read 6,005,586 times
Two nights ago, at 3:30AM, some self-absorbed A$$HOLE passes our house with treble and bass BLARING, and our 2yr old woke up screaming (and he never wakes up at night)! Yeah that was real nice. Took almost an hour to get him back to sleep. Had I known where this di%k lived, the police would've been called for noise ordinance violation.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:03 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,345,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturelovers View Post
Move, Move to where?

I'll tell you what when you find a place in America that has more brains then heavy bass let us know!
I have never noticed this growing menace, anywhere, ever, and I have lived in all four corners of the country from cities to beaches to country.

I'm sure it's annoying, but it hardly seems like the nightmarish scourge being described.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:50 PM

Not a nightmare, what rock do you live under! Either that or you are one of those who is unfazed by anything. I would be interested in knowing just how long ago you were in those "Four Corners" since this phenomenon has grown exponentially in the last decade or so! Not a growing menace, try telling that to all these people whose lives have been made a living hell by these thugs and who signed one of many online petitions for a national ban! Here's just one of the most currents ones right here in FL. others are from all over the country!

State:
Florida
Comments: "I get no sleep and constantly wake with a headache because of these inconsiderate people. Booming cars should be outlawed!"

Here's one from MI where as posted earlier by Tijlover, victims are intentionally running stop signs to get away from. Maybe one of these days we will share our story about how we were accoustically raped by two thugs
in Aventura FL. and that was a decade ago! Don't you dare mock those who suffer, if you have never had your bone penetrated by the infra sound, if you were never paralyzed by a very low frequency and had to watch your loved one cry and couldn't do nothing about it, you don't know!

State:
Michigan
Comments: "When it comes to Boomcars and extremely noisy neighbors, Port Huron FAILS ! And this is totally disgusting... How did our wonder country of America come to this ? These boomcar thugs are no different than Al-Qaida. Boomcar thugs are terrorist, but using bass wavelengths as their choice of weapon. Here, I thought terrorism was and illegal act against America. Looks like the politicians lied to me again."

You can find these comments and many more dating way back on here! I would go as far as to say this could very well be used as a moving guide for anyone seeking solace from this widespread scourge.

Not a scourge, try telling that to them
Oh it might surprise you to know that we just spoke in depth with a Sarasota County commissioner who is very much in support of tougher laws and lives in a high rise in downtown and is sick and tired of feeling the thumping in the middle of the night, like us he's no youngster! Neighborhoods don't need to sound "gang infested" because of this unneeded so called "noise"

Last edited by naturelovers; 10-06-2011 at 04:19 PM..

Old 10-06-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiStix View Post
Of course I have... And I roll my eyes, mutter to myself what an idiot the person is & move on with my day- not to give it a second thought.

Most people easily deal with life's little annoyances & there are others who become all too obsessed about nothing. Guess who is who in this thread?
Sure easy for you to say, never had to endure one in your bone marrow for three harrowing minutes with no escape! Sorry but till you have been raped by one you don't know what it's like!

Old 10-06-2011, 04:32 PM

EXCUSE Me but there are millions of people all over the country who would disagree with you, take up space on a forum, I got news for you the same millions see this as a Public Service Announcement and welcome the information. After all City-Data is about finding a place to live you will be happy in, you can't hide the truth!

Quote:
Find some handy tools, build a bridge, and proceed to get over it, because last time I looked, none of us here, myself included, were anointed and appointed to tell anyone else how to live, or what volume level is appropriate for a car stereo
Yeah that's what Law Enforcement is for, the stronger the fines the more enforcement, it's coming here because even the cops can't stand it! I will never forget the story a Miami Dade Officer told me, he and his partner were in traffic and the could hear and feel a boom car at least half a dozen cars from them, couldn't even hear the police radio. Got out of the car went up to the thugs and told them "Turn It Down, or I will arrest you for interfering with the duties of a Police Officer" Probably happens all the time, I will say this tho the last time it was in the news that Palm Beach bike officer told the guy to turn it down, the criminal proceeded to run the officer over and instead of getting a ticket he was booked on attempted murder, happens all the time in America.

Quote:
mommy, his stewweo is too LOUUUUD! '
Yeah that's exactly what Autistic Children do when they aren't banging their heads against the wall when dealing with the heavy bass, if you knew this you wouldn't be so cruel and thoughtless and quite frankly if that doesn't faze you then your just plain evil.

Boom Cars: Turn It Down for Autistic Children!

"Because most autistic children are sensitive to noise, a ban on boom cars should be beneficial to them."

"Imagine you are waiting for your autistic child’s school bus to pick him up for a normal day at school. Suddenly, a car that blares out the bass passes by you. Your child covers his ears and screams, and you try to calm him down. Then, a neighbor emerges out of his house and tells you to control your “little brat.” You feel put down by that comment as your child screams uncontrollably. When the bus arrives, he calms down thanks to the aides."

"Having owners of too loud cars pay fines for disturbing the peace is merely not enough. They should also be taught how noise pollution affects the health. Even better, they should be taught how it affects individuals with autism, especially youth. With the number of children with autism rising, those who love loud music should be taught how to be considerate so that their music would not disturb them and make them meltdown."

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
Disclaimer: Non-Florida resident here

I have lived in places where people have those so-called boom-cars...and trust me, at 55, my hearing is just fine, thank you very much...am I a big fan of that stuff? Not really, but then again I don't walk around with a boner whining and taking up good space on a chat forum, railing on about something people really don't give a flying French flip about, either...

I have learned that this is a very diverse country---and I use diverse in the context of 'everybody doesn't think and/or act alike'...this has enabled me to learn about cultures and races and creeds and religions etc. that aren't my own, and I feel better for that experience...and that INCLUDES being around car folk---boom-car people, lowrider people, monster truck people, big-rim people, the whole 9 yards...

There are far more worrisome things in this country/world to deal with, besides having an overloaded diaper because 'wahhhhhhhhhh!.....mommy, his stewweo is too LOUUUUD! ' Find some handy tools, build a bridge, and proceed to get over it, because last time I looked, none of us here, myself included, were anointed and appointed to tell anyone else how to live, or what volume level is appropriate for a car stereo

Last edited by naturelovers; 10-06-2011 at 04:48 PM..

Old 10-06-2011, 05:57 PM

142 posts, read 354,423 times
Holy crap!!!!

THis is sounding like the end of the world!!!!

When I was a young adult in the 80's loud was it man! You can't listen to Deep Purple or Skynrd quietly, you gotta crank it up man! Chicks dig it!

There is a time and place for everything, we all have to respect each other's rights.

Oh, and I was not a criminal and am quite offended that you think a loud stereo means there is a criminal around. Get over it already. You obviously have way too much time on your hands, get a hobby.

If you truly want peace and quiet, go offshore fishing miles from land it is deafeningly silent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area