Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 12:48 PM

1,580 posts, read 3,145,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
This tough guy talk isn't going to help anyone.

If they have beliefs that are delusional, then they are ill-informed and misguided.

If you want to go out and murder or otherwise attack people for their beliefs, no matter how askew they might be, then you are a sociopath.

Is there no middle ground? Does everything have to boil down to a bunch of imbecilic idealogues attacking and being attacked by hard-line old-schoolers?

What a bore this absurd two-party mirage has become.
first, there was no tough guy talk. what i said if they came trying to take what i and my family has it would not go unanswered. what would you do, squeal and run out the back door? i said nothing about going out and murdering anyone. what i said is i would defend what i have.

now you have to resort to calling me an imbecile because i dont believe in giving what i and others have earned. we have a system that was well thought out and has lasted over 200 years. now we should change it?

good job on the name calling. up until now it has been a civil discussion and the thread has not been shut down.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:57 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,348,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinoutofjersey View Post
first, there was no tough guy talk. what i said if they came trying to take what i and my family has it would not go unanswered. what would you do, squeal and run out the back door? i said nothing about going out and murdering anyone. what i said is i would defend what i have.

now you have to resort to calling me an imbecile because i dont believe in giving what i and others have earned. we have a system that was well thought out and has lasted over 200 years. now we should change it?

good job on the name calling. up until now it has been a civil discussion and the thread has not been shut down.
Sir, you were not the imbecile in my post. You were the hard-line old schooler.

I assume you don't take umbrage at this description. Had I thought that would be an insult, I certainly would not have used it.

You couldn't have thought that I was referring to those people in the video I posted as "hard-line old-schoolers," could you have?

As for "squealing and running out the back door," uh, no. Never said anything of the sort.

Old 10-09-2011, 02:29 PM

490 posts, read 625,486 times
So you're worried the Occupy Wall Streeters are going to come to your house and take something? Have they stolen things elsewhere?

Old 10-09-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester Burnett View Post
So you're worried the Occupy Wall Streeters are going to come to your house and take something? Have they stolen things elsewhere?
Yeah, I wasn't clear on this either.

I eventually assumed he meant that he didn't want his wealth redistributed.

Old 10-09-2011, 02:42 PM

Unfortunately, many of these people can barely be taken seriously at all.

Occupy Atlanta Silences Civil Rights Hero John Lewis! - YouTube

Old 10-09-2011, 04:28 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,377,062 times
Quote:
are these clowns disrupting travel or harrasing pedestrians like they did in NY?

Occupy Sarasota plans protest outside Bank of America | HeraldTribune.com
And this is why we left Florida, because of people who think like you. Is it okay if the tea baggers are out in force? Is this acceptable to you? At least try and hide your prejudice and ignorance.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
do they want free college, hand outs, money? why do they feel entitled to anything? they have paid no taxes, spent no time in the military and have contributed nothing to our society.
What? We totally support the movement and we're both college educated, my husband has an MBA and is a Vietnam vet. All we want is for the 1% to pay their share of taxes and stop hiding their assets offshore.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoetry View Post
And this is why we left Florida, because of people who think like you. Is it okay if the tea baggers are out in force? Is this acceptable to you? At least try and hide your prejudice and ignorance.
your ignorance and predjudice comes out loud and clear with your term of teabagger.

i doubt anyone will miss you down here. enjoy your liberal friends in massachusetts

Old 10-09-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:

i doubt anyone will miss you down here. enjoy your liberal friends in massachusetts
Oh, I do! I will!

Old 10-09-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoetry View Post
What? We totally support the movement and we're both college educated, my husband has an MBA and is a Vietnam vet. All we want is for the 1% to pay their share of taxes and stop hiding their assets offshore.
if you do your research you will find out the top 1% do pay their fair share and more. they are also our best hope of getting a job. your illiterate friends in the street are not going to employ any one any time soon.

what i would like is for the potus to start leading and not campaigning. what i would like is for him to park air force one and not tell me i should drive a *** prius and not an american pickup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area