Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 08:50 AM

1,580 posts, read 3,142,162 times

Advertisements

are these clowns disrupting travel or harrasing pedestrians like they did in NY?

Occupy Sarasota plans protest outside Bank of America | HeraldTribune.com

Old 10-07-2011, 11:58 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,688,992 times
whatever happened to freedom of speech? If 100 people expressing their opinions are considered clowns, this country is doomed. I guess if they were carrying their handguns around that would have been ok.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:50 PM

183 posts, read 534,159 times
inb4 30 pages.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:59 PM

913 posts, read 2,362,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinoutofjersey View Post
are these clowns disrupting travel or harrasing pedestrians like they did in NY?

Occupy Sarasota plans protest outside Bank of America | HeraldTribune.com

Communists! Pinkos!

These people that beleive in freedom of speech. UnAmerican, I tell you!

Shut up, Sit Down and do what you are told!

That's the American way!

Old 10-07-2011, 03:09 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,920,068 times
Kind of funny, the kid Cole in the article is my daughters ex-boyfriend. He's the one with the red nose on and rainbow wig. Had to razz you Jersey.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:12 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,044,541 times
And Herman Cain called this "un-American."
Peaceful Protest is exactly what separates this country from so many others!

Old 10-07-2011, 07:05 PM

233 posts, read 720,732 times
I definately agree with peaceful protest. I am just not sure on exactly what they are protesting. Is it corporate greed? Is that the message? Or is it more a protest of everything in general? I know people are very angry around here, so perhaps it's more of an overall statement of dissatisfaction. I'd like to hear more on the goal of the protest and what the solution is that they are proposing. Is there one, clear message? I ask because I personally haven't seen the protests, so I don't know what their signs say. I'm just curious because I've been hearing about these for a few days on the news (when I have a chance to watch).

Old 10-07-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaC View Post
I definately agree with peaceful protest. I am just not sure on exactly what they are protesting. Is it corporate greed? Is that the message? Or is it more a protest of everything in general? I know people are very angry around here, so perhaps it's more of an overall statement of dissatisfaction. I'd like to hear more on the goal of the protest and what the solution is that they are proposing. Is there one, clear message? I ask because I personally haven't seen the protests, so I don't know what their signs say. I'm just curious because I've been hearing about these for a few days on the news (when I have a chance to watch).
Don't know, but I'll ask Cole on Facebook and see what he has to say.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:28 PM

I just found this on his page....

This is a rally in support and solidarity with #occupywallst.org and the 99% of Americans who are ready to end the Fed, Stop the corrupt politicians and the elite plutocracy that has taken control of our country. There are no leaders. We are just the organizers. We are listed officially on the website for www.occupytogether.org

Meeting place: Bay Front Park, Sarasota

Follow us on www.twitter.com/occupysarasota for details when the rally day approaches. Bring your signs and posters and water!

The next rally will be Sat. Oct. 15th

What is your agenda? Are you anarchists/democrats/republicans/independents/etc.?

We have no agenda other than to provide people with information about the events and actions happening in their area in solidarity and support of those that currently Occupy Wall St. Our political and social beliefs will remain neutral for this cause; this is not about us, this is about the movement. The only thing we will promote openly is peaceful demonstrations.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:54 PM

Looks like the clowns are coming to a city near you: http://www.city-data.com/forum/flori...aged-99-a.html

On a serious note, I was just curious who the majority of the people in the protest might be. I checked out their Facebook page and interestingly enough, many/most are college students-Ringling, New College and SCF. I also saw many recent Pine View grads (130 or more IQ) on the list. Just found that interesting. Not sure who is attending in other cities.

I was talking with my dad this evening about the protest and he told me a about a graduation ceremony he attended at New College in the 1960's. He said they were all wearing black armbands in protest of the Vietnam War.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area