Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 03:38 PM

118 posts, read 182,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmraegen View Post
My wife and I just came back to Michigan from the Sarasota/Bradenton area. We have been looking for almost 5 yrs in the area for a community that we feel comfortable with and fits our lifestyle. Since there is so much to do and Sarasota/Bradenton is so spread out....we have found it very difficult to choose where to live in the area but we have definitely decided that the Sarasota/Bradenton area is where we want to retire. We have recently put our Michigan house on the market and now have a purchase agreement signed with an Oct 30 closing date so......we are now more aggressively looking at where in the area we want live. We were seriously looking at Lakewood Ranch......but.....we did not like the HOA's and high CDD fees. I don't mind HOA's as long as you get something in return however some of these communities don't even cut your lawn with high HOA. CDD's drive me crazy coming from the Midwest where I never heard of such a thing. We kind of stumbled across Tidewater Preserve on a whim and we are glad we did because we really liked it and believe it is the best fit for our kind of lifestyle. We have signed a contract with WCI and will start building in Nov 2014 on Tidewater Preserve Blvd. I'm looking forward to meeting members of the community and having fun at TP.

Congratulations! My husband and I have also signed a contract to build a house in Tidewater Preserve within the last 2 weeks. We will be on Lake Overlook Dr. Can't wait till next spring when we move down. I loved so much about this neighborhood. Look forward to meeting you sometime next year neighbor!

Ruth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2014, 06:32 PM

83 posts, read 264,775 times
Always a pleasure to see fine folks who are joining us here at Tidewater Preserve. Looking forward to see you on the 4th Friday at 4:44.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:29 AM

Really looking forward to 4th Fridays at 4:44!

Old 09-10-2014, 06:13 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,940,770 times
Congrats and welcome to the area

Old 11-30-2014, 04:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,735 times
I also considered The Inlet because I really like the home design and the idea of having your own dock. The houseplan and the front entry was awesome. I was sold until there was the lawn care people came during my visit. I could have sworn that the windows were opened because it sounded like they were inside the house. It is a shame because as nice as the house is, it is not well insulated from noise.

My wife and I just closed in October at Tidewater. As with most people, I was concern about the proximity to I-75. It turned out that the noise seems to be more low white noise and not an issue. What is amazing to me is when the lanai door is closed, it is complete silent which indicate well built with good insulation. All of the neighbor that we met are wonderful. We love the emmenities including the nice olympic size pool, workout room, two club houses, nature walk, dog park, etc.... Can't wait for the next get together to meet everyone.

Old 12-02-2014, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtran View Post
I also considered The Inlet because I really like the home design and the idea of having your own dock. The houseplan and the front entry was awesome. I was sold until there was the lawn care people came during my visit. I could have sworn that the windows were opened because it sounded like they were inside the house. It is a shame because as nice as the house is, it is not well insulated from noise.

My wife and I just closed in October at Tidewater. As with most people, I was concern about the proximity to I-75. It turned out that the noise seems to be more low white noise and not an issue. What is amazing to me is when the lanai door is closed, it is complete silent which indicate well built with good insulation. All of the neighbor that we met are wonderful. We love the emmenities including the nice olympic size pool, workout room, two club houses, nature walk, dog park, etc.... Can't wait for the next get together to meet everyone.
Getting more excited for our own move to Tidewater Preserve reading feedback like this. Should be down there in about 6 months!! Can't wait!!

Ruth

Old 01-21-2015, 08:27 PM

83 posts, read 264,775 times
Well gotta say that TWP is really hopping now. Lots of new homes being built and completed. Lots of new faces at the Lodge at 4:44 on the 4th Friday. Lots of activities always going on. Despite the growth, this place still has that small town feel where everyone knows your name and takes the time to say hello. Looking forward to meeting some of the fine folks on the board who are building here. Found my slice of heaven. As for Bradenton, I still have no reason to regret the choice to live here. Maybe it's too boring for some, but suits my lifestyle just fine. Just my .02 worth.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Frogman View Post
Well gotta say that TWP is really hopping now. Lots of new homes being built and completed. Lots of new faces at the Lodge at 4:44 on the 4th Friday. Lots of activities always going on. Despite the growth, this place still has that small town feel where everyone knows your name and takes the time to say hello. Looking forward to meeting some of the fine folks on the board who are building here. Found my slice of heaven. As for Bradenton, I still have no reason to regret the choice to live here. Maybe it's too boring for some, but suits my lifestyle just fine. Just my .02 worth.
SO happy to hear this. I can't wait to move down! The drywall is going up on our home in Tidewater Preserve, so the countdown is on! And I am so confident that Bradenton is the perfect town for my husband and I. Everything I read about it tells me that we have made the right choice. I was never looking for "perfect"; but I was looking for "perfect for us". Beyond excited...

Ruth

Old 06-29-2015, 02:43 PM

4 posts, read 3,992 times
Default New to TWP

My husband and I recently purchased a home in TWP and are getting ready to go thru the design center drill in a couple of weeks. We are hoping to close sometime in late Dec or Jan and move as soon as possible after closing. The thought of another winter in the DC area is not a pleasing thought.

If anyone has any advice or tips they would like to pass on PLEASE do! We look forward to becoming part of the TWP community and meeting our community neighbors.

We looked at quite a few places in the Sarasota-Bradenton area and chose TWP because of it's location. We love the water!

Amy

Old 06-30-2015, 07:44 AM

4,793 posts, read 10,625,569 times
We did the TWP Design Center dance two years ago, for our WCI winter seasonal house in VG&RC...
Unless the process has changed/improved, it is a slightly patience trying few hours, imo.

Ask them to email the options list via pdf, so you can study it, do some cross ref'ng of their brands on the net, (not always same stuff, but similar), and do a handy list of your wants/needs/must haves/maybes so you are prepared vs just walking into the options/upgrade process.

If you are remote, you will not be able to eyeball much in person, but hard digging on the net will be beneficial, to see 'their stuff', in some cases.

While some of the options for TWP vs the WCI community we bought in may vary, they are in the same ballpark...

Unless they have ratcheted up the quality levels, you may be surprised at the less than 'quality' to be seen in the basic stuff and even in some of the 'couple quality levels up' from basic/standard.

While the staff there is pleasant, they are smilingly very firm, and quite inflexible: it is take the basics, move up a few grades, or tough luck.

My guess is pricing has risen on most all of the upgrade products and levels; the 'Design Center' is WCI's, and most big builders' profit packing dept.

Some items, products and features could be done after the build, by locally ref'd subs that your new neighbors will be aware of as to who is good, etc. And, the after close 'dos' will often be a third to half of the Design Center pricing and may be of better quality.

Not trying to be pessimistic or set up hand wringing on your part, but be prepared, do some internet homework on 'their products and upgrade level stuff', and be realistic. Having had two houses built in SW FL in the past 10 yrs, the Builder's Upgrade Dance is an experience...

I am sure some recent local rez of TWP will have good advice, also.
My 50Cts...
GL, mD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area