Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2007, 06:36 PM

155 posts, read 1,052,845 times

Advertisements

clark road near the ghetto of sarsota or nice tourist district street thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 05:45 AM

176 posts, read 1,146,636 times
That area is close the I75. It's not touristy but it is very convenient to Siesta Key which has one of the best beaches in the area. There are also many restaurants close by. Myakka River State Park is nearby as well. I don't believe it's a bad area just not very touristy. Clark Road is busy and is lined with many restaurants and businesses.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:44 PM

393 posts, read 1,736,379 times
Used to live a few roads north of Clark road. Clark road is a good mix of businesses and housing. One could go from Siesta Key all the way to the east coast and the Atlantic. Specifically in Sarasota it has a nice strip mall where it intersects with 41 (used to go there often, love the stores there) and as you travel east, there are some older homes and neighborhoods, not ghetto, just older. As in any place, there are some not as kept up homes here and there, but they do not predominate that area. As you approach I-75, there are a few newer subdivisions and a fantastic Publix. There are more subdivisions, some gated but most are not, and a sprinkling of stand alone homes after crossing under the interstate. The farther east you go out of town, it becomes rural very quickly. Nice road with lots of housing options. Shopped and dined along Clark often, I liked it there. Oh yeah, and a very nice Bealls there, too. Miss that place

Old 09-10-2008, 04:14 PM

162 posts, read 229,578 times
Clark Rd. is one of the 4 links off I-75 to Sarasota. It's the most southern following University, Fruitville, and Bee Ridge. I consider it--from a few years experience--to be the easiest going road of the 4. I love the gyro's at Maxx's gas station and there's a Mexican place just up the road, same side, strip mall, with terrific burritos--$4.95 will feed two. At the intersection with Swift Rd. there's a S/C with a good Chinese place. I think the Kung Pao Chicken is really good as is the wonton soup and the noodles to go with it--ask for extras, they cost 25 cents--cute lil gal there told me she makes 'em. Lots of other stuff on Clark Rd. and it does lead to an incredible beach at Siesta Key. Enjoy!.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:42 PM

831 posts, read 2,437,330 times
I live in that area now and would never say ghetto. The descriptions the posters gave on here seem pretty accurate to me. I'm not sure about the Mexican Rest. though. I have never seen it. Since Don Pablos closed down I have been dying to eat Mexican food.

Old 01-16-2009, 04:37 PM

166 posts, read 604,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmccauley View Post
I live in that area now and would never say ghetto. The descriptions the posters gave on here seem pretty accurate to me. I'm not sure about the Mexican Rest. though. I have never seen it. Since Don Pablos closed down I have been dying to eat Mexican food.
Everyone knows El Adobe is the best!

Old 01-16-2009, 04:40 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,918,024 times
I second that! El Adobe has been in Sarasota since I was a kid. Great place to grab a bite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atroxanautin View Post
Everyone knows El Adobe is the best!

Old 01-16-2009, 07:15 PM

385 posts, read 1,159,180 times
MiPueblo is super good and Chipolte is fresh too.

Old 01-16-2009, 07:28 PM

831 posts, read 2,437,330 times
My mistake I thought it was on Clark Road. I have been there its located across from Best Buy on 41. I agree the food was good. Unfortunely we had an obnoxious patron that disturbed our meal so I guess I forgot about it.

Old 01-17-2009, 08:22 PM

166 posts, read 604,084 times
Yeah, Mi Pueblo's is good and probably more authentic anyway. But, I love El Adobe a lot because I grew up with it. Like SoFlGal says, its been around awhile. I think it was the first mexican restaraunt in town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area