Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2012, 08:35 AM

19 posts, read 31,966 times

Advertisements

Can someone direct me to communities in Venice where I would be able to purchase a house that I can use as a vacation rental when I’m not using it? I’m still working, so I would only come down for a few weeks at a time so I’m looking for communities that have either no minimum rental length or a max of 1 month? Although I would want at least a 1 month rental to avoid too much coming and going, 3 month minimums mean renting for the entire season.

I’m looking for at least 1800 sq ft, 3 bedroom, 2 bath with either a private or community pool built in 2000 or after. I’m willing to spend up to $325K but would like low or no HOA fees and no CDD. Most of the communities have a 3 month minimum.

So far, I’ve come across South Venice, Blue Heron, and Fairway Village in Plantation. Stoneybrook fits the min 1 month, but their carrying costs are very high. I like the Lakes of Jacaranda and Venetia, but they are both 3 month min and you can only rent 2x a year in Jacaranda.

I have been unable to find what Sawgrass or Woodmere Lakes minimums are, but I suspect they are 3 months. If there is no such community with homes built after 2000, I’m willing to get something built in the 1990’s. The agent I have been working with tells me that you have to make an offer then the seller’s agent will get you the HOA regs. That just sounds like a lot of wasted time not knowing if the property is a fit in the first place. Any suggestions where I should be looking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 10:25 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,547,697 times
Ask your Realtor to call the homeowner association office directly. They will tell you what the rental requirements are without having to have a copy of the HOA docs. That is what I do for my buyers and I have never had anyone not look it up for me. Many of the HOA's have the docs online.

You should not have to make an offer on a home before the listing agent will give you a copy of the HOA docs. You are allowed to read them over before you submit an offer. I would never recommend buying without reading them over. You want to know what you are buying, so they should provide it to you. If they can't provide them to you, which some HOA's won't and sometimes they charge for a copy or they have the current owner transfer the docs to you. Regardless, they should be able to answer your questions. Even if the agent has to read through the docs and find the answer themselves. It is just time consuming.

Woodmere Lakes HOA - http://www.pamsmanagement.com/clients
Sawgrass - A unit shalld not be leased for a period of less than 3 months and shall not be leased more than twice a year. I looked this up in the MLS.

Again, your Realtor should be able to do this for you with a little digging.

Last edited by TamRE; 07-06-2012 at 10:37 AM..

Old 07-06-2012, 11:13 AM

TamRe,

Thanks for the advice.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:39 AM

The site for Woodmere Lakes requires a password. Do you have one that is not password protected?

Old 07-07-2012, 12:45 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,547,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrodome View Post
The site for Woodmere Lakes requires a password. Do you have one that is not password protected?
You have to contact the management company directly and ask them any questions you have about rentals. If they won't answer your questions, have your Realtor contact them. You have to be a member of the community to get a password. I provided the link to show you who the Management company is for Woodmere Lakes.

Management Services of Venice, Inc.
P.O. Box 595
Venice, Florida 34284

941-412-1666 Phone
941-488-0706 Fax
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area