Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 09:04 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by isles20 View Post
I can't believe you people think that you live in paradise with no problems. The schools are not that good especially by high school, the people, as you see on here are nasty and defensive, and it is SLOW. Crime is awful too, regardless of it being skewed for tourism, and snow birds. By the way, since when do snowbirds rob banks? I am so happy I'm getting out of this crap hole.
Believe me, we are just as happy you are leaving! buh-bye!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 10:30 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,344,825 times
Quote:
Crime is awful too, regardless of it being skewed for tourism, and snow birds. By the way, since when do snowbirds rob banks?
Thank you for making it so clear that you simply cannot grasp what I have been saying.

Nobody is saying they rob banks. What I am saying is that they are NOT INCLUDED IN THE POPULATION numbers, despite living here for at least half the year. The stats are not "percentage of the population who commit crimes." The stats are "crimes relative to population."

Therefore, since a huge portion of the actual population is not counted, the stats are skewed.

Is this really so hard to understand?

Quote:
the people, as you see on here are nasty and defensive...I am so happy I'm getting out of this crap hole.
You do understand the definition of irony, though, right?

Old 08-16-2013, 11:21 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,679,007 times
Some people are just negative, unhappy people in life. They will not be happy no matter where they are. They make bad decisions & instead of admitting to their mistakes, they (b)!tch, whine & blame everything else- the city where they live, the people where they live, the air they breathe, the sun, the moon, the stars. Their posts often reek of immaturity as well. Instead of moving on with their life & trying to fix their problems, they want to spend time and energy spewing negativity. Trying to bring everyone else down, lifts them up. We all know those people in life & unfortunately, through this forum, we know many, many more....

In the words of Abraham Lincoln, "A person will be just about as happy as they make up their mind to be"

No place is perfect & no one is oblivious to problems in areas they live. Please, when you find that perfect utopia, let us all know.

Last edited by PixiStix; 08-16-2013 at 11:45 AM..

Old 08-16-2013, 11:47 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,935,547 times
The very best part if this entire thread is that the op thinks the Miami metro area will better.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:34 PM

490 posts, read 624,215 times
At this time there is no IQ test required to post on the City Data Forum.

Old 08-17-2013, 06:48 AM

10 posts, read 19,099 times
To: ID75

You hit it right on the nose!! I could not of said it any better. We moved here 2 years ago from NY, and believe me it was for the better. Was time to escape the rat race.

Last edited by newyorkcnative; 08-17-2013 at 06:51 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-17-2013, 02:04 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,105,720 times
Quote:
the people, as you see on here are nasty and defensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
You do understand the definition of irony, though, right?

This forum needs a ROFLMAO icon. Without one, I ask that everyone imagine a smily face rolling back and forth laughing and slapping the floor.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:06 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrero View Post
The very best part if this entire thread is that the op thinks the Miami metro area will better.
OMG I'm laughing my butt off right now at this! So true!!!

Old 08-20-2013, 02:22 PM

182 posts, read 272,934 times
Move to florida? All depends on how you like heat and humidity and bugs

Old 08-21-2013, 07:57 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,344,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ess.ess.ess.esq. View Post
Move to DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia? All depends on how you like heat and humidity and bugs and shoveling snow off your roof during an ice storm and actual crime as opposed to skewed statistical crime.
Fixed your snarky post with another snarky post. This is fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area