Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2016, 07:57 PM

4,619 posts, read 7,539,060 times

Advertisements

It's time once again for the list of events going on in and around the Bradenton - Sarasota - Venice area this weekend. Since several of the events fall on Friday evening, I am posting early this week.

FRIDAY

Friday Fest at the Van Wezel -- free music concert 5 - 9 pm. Lawn chairs welcome but not outside food or drink. Food & drink vendors will be on site. Rain or shine.

Friday Night Free Music -- Venice's Centennial Park at the gazebo, 7 - 9 pm. Lawn chairs welcome.

Live Music in the Park -- at the Cafe in the Park, Payne Park, Sarasota, 7 - 9:30 pm. Free admission.

SATURDAY

Sarasota Farmers Market -- downtown at Lemon & Main, 7 am - 1 pm.

Central Sarasota Farmers Market -- corner Proctor & Beneva, 8 am - 1 pm.

Bradenton Farmers Market -- downtown historic Bradenton, 9 am - 2 pm.

Grand Re-opening Celebration for the 17th Street BMX Park in Sarasota -- starts at 10 am with a ribbon cutting ceremony, popcorn, snow cones, other activities.

Arts & Crafts Show -- Venice Community Center, 10 am - 3 pm, free admission.

Desoto Speedway Car & Truck Show -- 54 classes, trophies. 8 am - 3 pm at the Desoto Speedway at 21050 SR 64 E.

Marauders baseball -- Fan Appreciation Night. Gates open at 4:30 pm, game at 6:30 pm. Face painting, balloon artists, activities. Fireworks after the game. McKechnie Field in Bradenton.

FRIDAY & SATURDAY

Are ye a knight in shining armor? A fair damsel? Perhaps a chess piece for the human chess board? Auditions this weekend for the Sarasota Medieval Fair at the Sarasota county fairgrounds on Ringling, behind Robarts Arena. Starts at 9 am each day.

SUNDAY

Bridge Street Market --great farmers market option on Anna Maria Island, 10 am - 3 pm.

Siesta Key Farmers Market -- Siesta Village Plaza, 8 am - 2 pm.

Siesta Key Drum Circle -- just before sunset at Siesta Key public beach, everyone welcome.

Bark in the Park, Marauders baseball -- Gates open at 12 pm, game starts at 1 pm at McKechnie Field in Bradenton. After the game you and your dog (on a leash) get to run the bases on the field. All dogs must have current vaccinations. No vicious breeds.

Have a great weekend! Enjoy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 05:55 PM

747 posts, read 847,951 times
I used to travel down here from NJ yearly to race BMX at Sarasota, now I live here....very surreal to me still.

Old 08-27-2016, 01:25 PM

547 posts, read 926,879 times
I used to take my kids there, today it was the grandkids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommygphotos View Post
I used to travel down here from NJ yearly to race BMX at Sarasota, now I live here....very surreal to me still.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area