Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 11:06 PM

461 posts, read 554,625 times

Advertisements

Unless you can be a friend or add to my life, add something the area does not have a lot of by all means but otherwise stay home please.. TY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 05:53 PM

17 posts, read 34,248 times
Default Venice Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTransplant View Post
Great info Bereafair! My wife and I are considering moving to the area later this year depending on the results of my job search which I am just starting. Our kids will both be in college so local schools are not really a consideration in our location decision.

We are coming from rural central IL but do not necessarily want that "slow" of a lifestyle when we make the move. We enjoy the beaches definitely so would want to be close, and also fishing, boating, and dining out on the weekends. Probably, actually enjoy more scenery and quieter areas in general.

We were down for our first visit last summer and plan on making a couple more visits soon. We did not spend a lot of time in Sarasota or Venice area, most of our time was spent in Bradenton/AMI.

Would love to hear from everyone suggested locations to look for those interested in fishing/boating/beach activites. And yes, I have run many searches in the past six months on CD, but it's always nice to see recent opinions.

There are many nice towns in the Sarasota area that you are looking at and I'm sure others will give you more details about their area. I wanted to tell you a little about Venice Florida, we moved here from Connecticut 2016 and just love this small beach town. Venice is also known as the shark tooth capital of the world. I found this little article and wanted to copy it and share it for you.

"Thinking about visiting Venice, Florida? This adorable seaside town was named one of the “Happiest seaside towns in the USA,” by Coastal Living, 2015. This lovely Florida beach community offers desirable shops, first-class restaurants, is easily walkable, has miles of pristine gulf coast beaches and has been attracting people looking to retire since 1925. Today, Venice, Florida is a thriving small town that is a home to people of all ages and has also become it’s own vacation destination. In the summer, you typically won’t find any long lines and the beach is never crowded. Here are a few interesting facts about Venice, Florida that just might find unique.

Venice is just one of three mainland cities in Florida that is actually on the water but does not have any barrier islands.
The Venice Centre Mall was once a classroom building for the Kentucky Military as well as a hotel. Make sure to check it out when strolling down Tampa Avenue.
The first hotel in Venice, Florida opened in 1926 off of Nassau Street and was called HOTEL VENICE. Today it’s called Park Place.
Venice, Florida is known in publications everywhere as the “Sharks Tooth Capital of the World.”
Hectore Cafferta, Jr, a former resident of Venice, Florida was a United States Marine who received the Medal of Honor for heroic service at the Battle of Chosin Reservoir during the Korean War. (Special thanks to all of our military and their families)."

Hope you find this article helpful

Old 02-22-2017, 09:00 AM

12 posts, read 11,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish Lassie View Post
There are many nice towns in the Sarasota area that you are looking at and I'm sure others will give you more details about their area. I wanted to tell you a little about Venice Florida, we moved here from Connecticut 2016 and just love this small beach town. Venice is also known as the shark tooth capital of the world. I found this little article and wanted to copy it and share it for you.

"Thinking about visiting Venice, Florida? This adorable seaside town was named one of the “Happiest seaside towns in the USA,” by Coastal Living, 2015. This lovely Florida beach community offers desirable shops, first-class restaurants, is easily walkable, has miles of pristine gulf coast beaches and has been attracting people looking to retire since 1925. Today, Venice, Florida is a thriving small town that is a home to people of all ages and has also become it’s own vacation destination. In the summer, you typically won’t find any long lines and the beach is never crowded. Here are a few interesting facts about Venice, Florida that just might find unique.

Venice is just one of three mainland cities in Florida that is actually on the water but does not have any barrier islands.
The Venice Centre Mall was once a classroom building for the Kentucky Military as well as a hotel. Make sure to check it out when strolling down Tampa Avenue.
The first hotel in Venice, Florida opened in 1926 off of Nassau Street and was called HOTEL VENICE. Today it’s called Park Place.
Venice, Florida is known in publications everywhere as the “Sharks Tooth Capital of the World.”
Hectore Cafferta, Jr, a former resident of Venice, Florida was a United States Marine who received the Medal of Honor for heroic service at the Battle of Chosin Reservoir during the Korean War. (Special thanks to all of our military and their families)."

Hope you find this article helpful
Very interesting, Lassie. Thank you for the response. I'm sure we would love the area and Venice is certainly an area we are considering. Just depends on where the job prospects end up being located.

Old 02-22-2017, 09:37 AM

Default Venice Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTransplant View Post
Very interesting, Lassie. Thank you for the response. I'm sure we would love the area and Venice is certainly an area we are considering. Just depends on where the job prospects end up being located.
Your welcome, just google Venice Florida and there are many good articles. Found another good one this morning. Good luck on the work front.

Venice FL #1-Best town to retire 2016

Venice FL #1 Town for Best Job Opportunities in Florida 2015

Venice FL- #2 Happiest Seaside Town- Southern Coastal Living Magazine 2015

Venice FL- #3 Safest Town in Florida 2015

Venice FL- #2 Best Public Schools in Florida 2015

Old 02-22-2017, 01:27 PM

4,615 posts, read 7,537,235 times
Venice does have a lot to offer. But there are always 2 sides to a coin and those considering moving to Venice should take into consideration that the town they see now is not going to stay the same, changes will take place due to the huge influx of new construction homes in Venice, both inside and outside the city limits. This issue is NOT confined to just Venice, it is something to consider in many coastal communities of FL.

I came across this Venice Magazine article a year ago and saved it, because the writer makes some very valid points about growth and changes coming to Venice:

https://www.venicemagazineonline.com.../growing-pains

Old 02-22-2017, 09:53 PM

174 posts, read 231,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish Lassie View Post
Your welcome, just google Venice Florida and there are many good articles. Found another good one this morning. Good luck on the work front.

Venice FL #1-Best town to retire 2016

Venice FL #1 Town for Best Job Opportunities in Florida 2015

Venice FL- #2 Happiest Seaside Town- Southern Coastal Living Magazine 2015

Venice FL- #3 Safest Town in Florida 2015

Venice FL- #2 Best Public Schools in Florida 2015

Where did the best town for job opportunities come from?

Old 02-22-2017, 11:19 PM

4,615 posts, read 7,537,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJGittes65 View Post
Where did the best town for job opportunities come from?

I was wondering that one myself. I found a 2016 Best & Worst Cities for Finding a Job report by WalletHub that ranked 130 towns/cities for job hunters. It overall ranked Sarasota 1st, Bradenton 21st and Venice 70th. North Port came in at 106th place.

Venice's job market rank was 119, Sarasota's was 9th, Bradenton came in 27th and North Port came in at 105th place. Interesting to note, Tampa came in 15th. I would have thought Tampa would be in the top 5.

Venice did nudge out The Villages by one spot.

https://wallethub.com/edu/best-citie...or-jobs/21610/

Old 02-23-2017, 07:29 AM

733 posts, read 760,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
I was wondering that one myself. I found a 2016 Best & Worst Cities for Finding a Job report by WalletHub that ranked 130 towns/cities for job hunters. It overall ranked Sarasota 1st, Bradenton 21st and Venice 70th. North Port came in at 106th place.

Venice's job market rank was 119, Sarasota's was 9th, Bradenton came in 27th and North Port came in at 105th place. Interesting to note, Tampa came in 15th. I would have thought Tampa would be in the top 5.

Venice did nudge out The Villages by one spot.

https://wallethub.com/edu/best-citie...or-jobs/21610/
Very interesting post! They actually rank Sarasota #1 overall, but yes #9 specifically for Job Market. (A bit confusing methodology.)

And while Tampa itself was #15, cities in the Tampa-metro claimed 8 of the top 20, including 4 of the top 6 cities. So still a pretty good job market metro area.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:37 AM

149 posts, read 140,923 times
South Gulf Cove is a nice area to check out as well..... Nice area for quick access to the gulf waters for boaters, the canals are a steady water level because they are on a lock system and have "sail boat" waters. There is an OPTIONAL HOA in the community that is $87.00 per year. There are great homes out there... not as much of the mixed style of homes as in some of the other water communities in the area. You can build on lots that run about 55k that are on a canal.. or buy prebuilt homes with pools. Yes, pools have a cost associated with them... but the enjoyment you get out of them is worth every penny!

The beaches are close by as well. You are only a short 15 minute drive to the gorgeous beaches on Boca Grande or 20 minutes to Englewood beaches. Grocery stores, restaurants and quaint shopping is very close by. You would probably enjoy Dearborn street in Englewood.

Lots of great areas to explore and choose from!

Always happy to help!

Old 02-23-2017, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
Venice does have a lot to offer. But there are always 2 sides to a coin and those considering moving to Venice should take into consideration that the town they see now is not going to stay the same, changes will take place due to the huge influx of new construction homes in Venice, both inside and outside the city limits. This issue is NOT confined to just Venice, it is something to consider in many coastal communities of FL.

I came across this Venice Magazine article a year ago and saved it, because the writer makes some very valid points about growth and changes coming to Venice:

https://www.venicemagazineonline.com.../growing-pains
Thank you Sunshine Rules, that was a great article with a lot of knowledge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area