Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 07:49 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,225,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
Sheckie?
Bingo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 07:49 AM

655 posts, read 1,128,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchon View Post
Frankly madame, I would ignore the quality of most of the responses you've received here on this website. Most of these people would have to be losers based on the tenor of their responses. They are not your caliber at all. Sarasota does have people of your caliber and expectation, but most of them aren't spending time being overly argumentative on websites such as this. You have a right to be concerned given the transformation of Sarasotan society that has happened fairly recently.

Oh, the irony!

Old 07-18-2017, 08:45 AM

27 posts, read 31,174 times
Bravo Marchon! I vote for you. Thanks for the note of hope. I didn't intend to start a mud-slinging war, just ask a simple question. Our British friends accompanying us have now all decided to bring their summer sports jackets and yes, a nice L/S shirt!

Dare I ask for suggestions about upscale restaurants without setting off another round of battle? (;

Old 07-18-2017, 09:19 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,689,205 times
I think this post has crossed over into some alternate reality, where people go to charity events every day of the week instead of just donating the money.
I'm out.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:02 AM

94 posts, read 200,701 times
fwiw, there is no 'fall weather' here. Sarasota basically only has 1.5 seasons.

Old 07-18-2017, 11:11 AM

704 posts, read 771,563 times
icaru, I hope you aren't expecting anything close to Marbella from Sarasota, FL. While there are nice places to go, Sarasota is not glitzy and chic in the same sense as Marbella. It also doesn't have the history. SW Florida in general is very laid back. It is for the most part not at all European in style. It's SW Florida style and I do not mean that as an insult. I also do not mean that people do not know how to dress properly. To me Sarasota and SW Florida have a lot to offer and a great many things I enjoy and appreciate. I hope that you enjoy and appreciate what we have to offer when you visit.

Old 07-18-2017, 11:38 AM

27 posts, read 31,174 times
I'm sure we will enjoy it. I've already a long list of things to see, places to go, events and restaurants. We will also visit Fort Myers and Cape Coral. Looking where we might move back to in the US.

Old 07-18-2017, 11:47 AM

704 posts, read 771,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icaru View Post
I'm sure we will enjoy it. I've already a long list of things to see, places to go, events and restaurants. We will also visit Fort Myers and Cape Coral. Looking where we might move back to in the US.
I do hope you enjoy it here. There is a lot to do and see.

One of the many things I really like about this area is that most of the people realize the natural beauty of the area and the stewardship and respect it takes to maintain it.

Old 07-18-2017, 01:12 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,692,068 times
Quote:
If I may ask----- Why do you want to move back to the US?
Is there something here that you cannot get in the Mediterranean? I'm just curious is all as it is my dream to live abroad, particularly in the Mediterranean

Old 07-18-2017, 11:36 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,405,261 times
Quote:
First of all, you probably won't need anything more than a sweater or light jacket. I only remember it getting "cold" down here in the winter months with a rare but occasional cold snap where you'd need a warm coat.

I'm in Bradenton, where it's totally casual 24/7. There's more opportunity to get decked out in a stylish outfit in Sarasota, but it's still no Palm Beach. In fact, I was in Palm Beach Gardens for a visit this past winter. At a waterfront restaurant for lunch, the FIRST thing I noticed was how stylish the crowd was. One 50-ish woman was wearing a flowey ensemble including a headband with a jewel in the middle of her forehead! This wasn't a country club or a particularly upscale place, and it included folks of all ages, but I am so NOT used to seeing people dressed stylishly or looking fashionable, it really struck me. I would NEVER see those fashions at lunch here. Maybe it's the East coast crowd v. the primarily Midwest folks in this area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area