Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2019, 08:41 AM

38 posts, read 49,393 times

Advertisements

Thank you so much Sunshine. I've been checking out these communities. I have no problem with a little older communities as long as the hoa keeps the area clean. Gypsychic, thank you for the pep talk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2019, 11:38 AM

8,110 posts, read 4,649,585 times
Other areas you might look with prices less than the city of Sarasota (and prices probably comparable to Bradenton) are: Nokomis, Venice, and Englewood. In these three areas you can find property within six miles of the beach. North Port is also less expensive - but it's farther away from the beaches.

Old 03-30-2019, 09:39 PM

282 posts, read 247,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisalouwho View Post
My husband wants to retire in Florida. We have $190,000 saved for a condo preferably in a nice, clean, newish (less than 25 years old) condo or townhome. We have All necessary money for our utilities, car costs, food, fun, etc.. where we are limited is HOA's, property taxes and homeowners insurance. For all 3 we are trying to limit to $600. Is this possible? I've been noticing high taxes? We just want a place that we can make friends, be within 6 miles of ocean (I know I'm asking for a lot but we don't like to drive), and have a nice pool and amenities. I dont want a mobile home community. We are going to travel to Bradenton in May. I was hoping you locals could help me find a few nice communities to visit. I did notice that Bradentons tax millage is the highest in the county so maybe you could suggest another town that might be better for me. I like a smaller town like Bradenton. Thank you for reading and if I can't afford just let me know
You might look into a condo in the Palma Sola Trace community off 75th Street between Manatee Ave, and Cortez Rd in West Bradenton. It is 3 miles from Anna Maria Island, and closer still to Palm Sola Bay, we often just go to the beach there. (especially in season when it's too crowded to get onto the island). Lovely area near to several preserves. My husband is an avid nature photographer. We own something there now, hoping to make the move permanent next year. We have been happy with both the upkeep and taxes. The condo's sell for what you want to spend, (wait until season is over, and the prices will drop)

Old 03-31-2019, 12:45 AM

5,587 posts, read 8,401,301 times
Quote:
FireStation, I don't have any friends in this area. Just a cousin in Clearwater Beach. I've been telling my husband we can't afford the gulf coast. I guess we were just dreaming. We live in Pennsylvania and we were planning on visiting for a week but we don't even know where to start. I did talk to a realtor on 55places and she wasn't any help at all. It's hard to find an experienced realtor with such little money to spend . Thank you all for your help
Have you gone online and looked for condos in Bradenton within your price range? Because you can definitely find them, although they probably will be over 25 years old. However, many people have updated the interiors so they should be acceptable.

Old 04-01-2019, 04:08 PM

240 posts, read 267,788 times
Hi,

I moved to Sarasota 4 years ago from a suburb of Philadelphia. Don’t give up hope. I think the suggestion to rent first is a good one. It will give you a chance to really look around to see what is
available. I rented in Cimarron Lake Apts off of DeSoto Rd in North Sarasota for a few years before I purchased a small villa here in the central part of Sarasota.

I’m now in an older community. Most of the units in my community are below 190,000. It can be done but I found there was a lot of competition for the moderately priced units. I just kept looking until I found this place. I have been living in this unit for about one year.
It has needed a lot of work but in many of the older communities you might this to be true. It depends on how well the unit is kept up. I have made some repairs and others will
just wait until I can afford them. I don’t regret moving down here as I was very tired of living in PA.
Best of luck to you.

Old 04-02-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondermint2 View Post
Other areas you might look with prices less than the city of Sarasota (and prices probably comparable to Bradenton) are: Nokomis, Venice, and Englewood. In these three areas you can find property within six miles of the beach. North Port is also less expensive - but it's farther away from the beaches.
Im taking your advise and checking those areas also. Nokomis seems lower in cost for sure. Thank you for the info.

Old 04-02-2019, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srq57 View Post
You might look into a condo in the Palma Sola Trace community off 75th Street between Manatee Ave, and Cortez Rd in West Bradenton. It is 3 miles from Anna Maria Island, and closer still to Palm Sola Bay, we often just go to the beach there. (especially in season when it's too crowded to get onto the island). Lovely area near to several preserves. My husband is an avid nature photographer. We own something there now, hoping to make the move permanent next year. We have been happy with both the upkeep and taxes. The condo's sell for what you want to spend, (wait until season is over, and the prices will drop)
Thank you..I have a couple questions.

1. When is off season.

2. Palm Sola Bay..can you swim in it or are there gators?

3. Are the waters around Bradenton clean or do they have bacteria or red tide problems?

4. Palm Sola Trace.. does it have first floor condos? Does it have an exercise room and pool? The condos I've seen are over our budget but I would love to live in that area so close to beach.

5. Is it close to stores like Walmart and grocery stores?

This could be a reason to visit. THANK YOU so much.

Last edited by Lisalouwho; 04-02-2019 at 04:22 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 04-02-2019, 04:26 PM

Thank you Avalon and Susmusic. Keep the recommendations coming. They are so much appreciated.

Old 04-02-2019, 06:51 PM

282 posts, read 247,954 times
Quote:
Thank you..I have a couple questions.

1. When is off season.

2. Palm Sola Bay..can you swim in it or are there gators?

3. Are the waters around Bradenton clean or do they have bacteria or red tide problems?

4. Palm Sola Trace.. does it have first floor condos? Does it have an exercise room and pool? The condos I've seen are over our budget but I would love to live in that area so close to beach.

5. Is it close to stores like Walmart and grocery stores?

This could be a reason to visit. THANK YOU so much.
Season is generally from Thanksgiving to Easter. It is then that many of the so called "snowbirds" go back up north.

You can swim in Palma Sola Bay. We often go to the beach there in season, because there is too much traffic getting on to the island, and parking has become an issue on the island. (Anna Maria) Palma Sola Bay will be off of Manatee Ave as you head west to Anna maria.
There are several nature preserves in that area as well. Neil Preserve, Robinson Preserve, and Perico Preserve. My husband is a nature photographer and enjoys all these locations.

Palma Sola Trace is located off of 75th Street in West Bradenton. Manatee Ave(64) and Cortez Road(684) run parallel to one another both bring you onto the island. 75th Street runs from Cortez to Manatee. So you have your options.
The community is not an over 55. It is a community of condo/town homes/Villa Homes (2 adjoining homes) and Single family homes. We find it a nice mix. The community has a lagoon style pool, and a club house, playground and a gym. It is NOT gated, although there is a stone wall around the community. It is within walking distance of the Paradise Shopping Center, (there is a walking gate out the back of the community if you so desire). A very nice array of shops. Including a Home Goods, Marshalls, Bonefish and a Winn Dixie to name a few). We also especially enjoy the restaurants in the downtown area of Bradenton. Pier 22, and O'Bricks Cafe to name just two. The Riverwalk area (along the Manatee River) is quite lovely. Enjoy taking the grandchildren to the sprinkler style water park. We enjoy local community theatre there as well. The Manatee Playhouse. Across the Green bridge is Palmetto, and the Riverhouse restaurant is a favorite of many.
Anna Maria and surrounding waters have had the same red tide issues the rest of the west coast has had. Perhaps to a somewhat lesser extent because it did not start here until last August. It is free of that issue currently. We swam two weeks ago, and the water was lovely.

Palma Sola Trace is a Taylor Morrison build. It was originally a golf course years ago, so there are many ponds that the residences look out over. I chose our building specially because it had a lovely view.
I have included the old link from Taylor Morrison as they will show you the condo/town home floor plans.There are lower level ones, and there are 2 and three bedroom options. There is also a townhouse option that is two levels.
Ours was one of the last buildings built in 2011. We have owned it for three years and so far we have been very pleased with our choice. . Of course you would need to purchase a re-sale at this point. However, it's my experience that there is always something for sale. Michael Saunders has a good web sit and features many of the Palma Sola Trace listings.
I would not be put off by listing price. We purchased ours for significantly less than what was being asked, wait till May, and you will see prices drop.

https://www.taylormorrison.com/new-h...ty/floor-plans

https://cartographic.info/usa/street...orida&id=20734

http://www.palmasolatrace.us/

Last edited by srq57; 04-02-2019 at 07:00 PM..

Old 04-02-2019, 09:28 PM

srq57 you are awesome. Now we have somewhere to start. Do you recommend Michael Saunders Real Estate? That's the next step.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area