Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2020, 05:57 AM

13 posts, read 7,124 times

Advertisements

Just buy a house..
Buy something out on Venice Island, its 100% safe and 100% wealthy seniors. Its also 100% predicable area for Real Estate. Meaning, no gangs or low lifes will be moving out there anytime soon.. If you dont like it out there, sell it and move to where you need to be. Venice Island is close to everything but its pricey! But, good Corona Virus deals are starting to bloom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2020, 10:11 AM

2 posts, read 2,772 times
Thanks to everyone who posted their moving plans. This is great information in helping me plan mine.

Old 08-24-2020, 04:09 PM

369 posts, read 375,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVPFord View Post
Just don't do it, re-think the area, check out other states - prices are artificially high and driven a bit too high by mindless people from the NY corridor - it's becoming less desirable every month - just ask true LOCALS not just chumps from the NE - of course you have freedom to move anywhere in America but we don't need anymore people from other states - they are part of the problem that got those states in fiscal trouble in the first place.
Are Texans Ok with you comrade?

Old 08-24-2020, 04:15 PM

8,114 posts, read 6,802,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanVal View Post
My wife and I are going to move to Sarasota in the fall of 2021. We live in Las Vegas and I am retired and my wife works in a Dr's office. We are wondering what is the best course of action. Should be move all our belongings to Sarasota and store them and live in an apartment for 6 months while we house hunt? OR Leave our belongings in Las Vegas, rent a furnished apartment for 6 months and search for a house? OR Live in Sarasota for two weeks, buy a house, then move our belongings. I imagine a lot of people have done this and trying to figure out what is the best course of action.
OP, beach43ofus always has solid advice.

Old 08-26-2020, 04:10 AM

285 posts, read 231,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr6035 View Post
Are Texans Ok with you comrade?

Texans are Texans, Texans aren't folks from NY, NJ, Canada or Chicago - Texans share a bunch of our values here in Florida as a southern state - yep, I think most transplants from the NE have a bad attitude- most folks from Texas don't bring bad attitudes to FL -

Texans are mostly good people, unless they are folks from Austin lol....they pretty much suck and many are from California and the PNW now...they have ruined Austin...and other Texans know it.

Old 08-26-2020, 05:17 AM

30 posts, read 39,136 times
I also recommend renting for 6+ months. Sarasota changes from in season to out of season so you will want to experience both. We did this and found it extremely valuable.
POD is a great way to go to avoid moving stuff in and out of storage. Before you move anything, get rid of as much as possible. I've done 3 big state to state moves and found most of my stuff was unnecessary because we either didn't use it or it didn't match the new house and we ended up getting rid of it anyway.
1. Purge more than you think
2. POD it up
3. Rent 3-6 months first.

Sarasota has many personalities depending on where you live, so the the time to fine 'your Sarasota '

Old 08-26-2020, 04:43 PM

369 posts, read 375,945 times
Quote:
Texans are Texans, Texans aren't folks from NY, NJ, Canada or Chicago - Texans share a bunch of our values here in Florida as a southern state - yep, I think most transplants from the NE have a bad attitude- most folks from Texas don't bring bad attitudes to FL -

Texans are mostly good people, unless they are folks from Austin lol....they pretty much suck and many are from California and the PNW now...they have ruined Austin...and other Texans know it.
Nope. Plano. Too damn hot. No beach. See ya in a month. Just hope my neighbor isn't George Costanza on steroids.

Old 09-01-2020, 11:25 AM

1,107 posts, read 559,260 times
Quote:
btw this is a Florida forum not a NE forum, right?
LOL - It's amazing how devoid you are of self-awareness!

Quote:
If we wanted to live around folks from NY NJ or places like Chicago, we'd move THERE.
Quote:
prices are artificially high and driven a bit too high by mindless people from the NY corridor - it's becoming less desirable every month - just ask true LOCALS not just chumps from the NE
Quote:
I think most transplants from the NE have a bad attitude
Quote:
You want to see an area of Florida that has been absolutely ruined by whiners from NY NJ and suburban CT ?... Lots of obnoxious, self -serving people who don't even know they're obnoxious and whiners.
You are the only one here making this thread about the NE.

Old 09-02-2020, 10:06 AM

move on and let's not be personal, PERSONAL ! yes, I was making an opinion about the northeast, and many (not all) of the TRANSPLANTS (not Floridians) to Florida, and my opinion was not directed to ANY other poster, and that's a fact...

this is FLORIDA it's not the NE, or the PNW or any where close to it

Old 09-03-2020, 09:05 AM

Here's an easy exercise, or an informal poll if you will: Ask any native Floridian (or a very long time family from the Midwest) who lives in Sarasota, Manatee, or Hillsborough counties what is their opinion about most newcomers from places like Long Island or NJ, and what do they think of the new migration. My experience in asking this, is that most Floridians are overwhelmingly negative, not anywhere near positive. Most of the natives' negative reaction centers around issues of infrastructure, tax structure, political leanings, and a huge issue with "culture" and bad attitudes. I would encourage anyone to do their own informal "poll". Mine was elucidative to say the least, and damning in a few cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area