Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 06:36 AM

657 posts, read 1,788,657 times

Advertisements

hi all,
yes this is the one that caught my eye... my husband is a huge football guy.. and is all set with getting directv for the whole football setup when we move down. first priority for him! lol. we have dish network here in /ct and what i went thru for that and now... i have to switch again. lol. cant move if he cant watch his games!!!
bighouse. thanx for saving crossed fingers! i think you meant for me.. lol
how nice to be invited for thanxgiving to your neighbors. that is so great! i love the people i meet in florida.. all so welcoming!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 02:59 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,298,275 times
Angelnfl~ Thanks for the info. Is that to heat your pool or just the filter? Do you think if I budget $200 a month that will cover the lawn and pool care? It's wierd looking at the costs for all these different bills then I am used to. But it's OK. I'd rather pay for heating my pool then having to pay to have my driveway plowed!

Thanks!

Hey BigHouse! How's the fishing

Old 10-25-2008, 03:25 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,091,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Angelnfl~ Thanks for the info. Is that to heat your pool or just the filter? Do you think if I budget $200 a month that will cover the lawn and pool care? It's wierd looking at the costs for all these different bills then I am used to. But it's OK. I'd rather pay for heating my pool then having to pay to have my driveway plowed!

Thanks!

Hey BigHouse! How's the fishing
Hey Jenny!
Have you made it down yet? I'm still figuring out when to head down again. I heard from FlBob that the Tarpon are swimming and feeding in the canals right now. Darn I missed 'em by a week! Hopefully there will be a few when I get there next!
Have you done your trick or treat shopping? Are you going to be passing out candy in Ohio or Florida?
I went golfing yesterday in some beautiful 46 degree fall weather. I just had a tee shirt and a regular casual long sleeve shirt on, others were all bundled up and freezing. It wasn't too bad. I went out and sat in the hot tub for about 35 minutes after I got home. I like it when it is brisk out at night and you can go out and do that! It makes the cold weather and winter bearable, I even like to sit out in the hot tub when its snowing out.

Ok, I don't have a huge lawn, but my lawn care is about $90/month. That includes all edging, and landscaping debris removal from the site. My lawn care guy will replace about 3 irrigation heads for $50.00 total that are broken. The pools is $85, but if I get an automatic sweeper it will drop to $65.00 that includes all the chemicals, and cleaning every week. I'm going to buy a pool heater (that is a few $$ - getting estimates now). It is expected that if you run it all the time it will cost about 150 per month. I don't expect to run it all the time though.

Hope you hear the result on the test soon!

Old 10-25-2008, 05:45 PM

Hey Big house~ Oh no, I am still up here. Still don't have the test results. we're still about 1 month out. I really would like to leave before the 20th because I have to pay another $600 on the 21st (nov)for the storage.

Golfing in 46 degrees? UGH! When did you go back up there? I thought you were staying until Nov?

Thanks for all the bill info. So I was OK with budgeting $200 for lawn/pool care and then about 150/200 for the extra $$ for the pool heat???

Let me know if I can PM you???

Thanks

Old 10-25-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Hey Big house~ Oh no, I am still up here. Still don't have the test results. we're still about 1 month out. I really would like to leave before the 20th because I have to pay another $600 on the 21st (nov)for the storage.

Golfing in 46 degrees? UGH! When did you go back up there? I thought you were staying until Nov?

Thanks for all the bill info. So I was OK with budgeting $200 for lawn/pool care and then about 150/200 for the extra $$ for the pool heat???

Let me know if I can PM you???

Thanks
Yea, if that is what you budgeted you're in good shape.
You're more than welcome to DM me any time. Of course, I might DM you back, and that is when the trouble starts! LOL Did I say that!
I hope that you're not trying to answer this thread to night with the Ohio State / Penn State game on the line . . .

Old 10-25-2008, 07:01 PM

LOL OK thanks Ohio State??? I don't follow football.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:45 AM

Hey Shink113,

How did you make out on your house hunting? Any luck? I know you're going to love it in Florida! Where are you from?

Old 10-26-2008, 09:51 AM

23 posts, read 93,834 times
Default Back in South Jersey :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Hey Shink113,

How did you make out on your house hunting? Any luck? I know you're going to love it in Florida! Where are you from?

I had a great time house hunting, figured out what I like and don't like. My interview went well too Came back to gloomy, rainy and cold south jersey (Go Phillies!) yesterday. Can't wait to move down there...keep your fingers crossed for us as well! Our house still has to sell; but we have a couple of people interested that are working on the financing end. We are really hopeful to move during the winter break from school.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:13 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,925,572 times
Glad you had a safe trip back! Looks like this is the thread of hope. We need to throw some magic dust to jennysquirrel, shink113, hdzup3, and several others. All of you will be down here before you know it.

We're going to have quite a cool group of people here in SW Florida once all of you get down here! We'll have to all get together once everyone is down

Old 10-27-2008, 05:18 AM

657 posts, read 1,788,657 times
thanx sfg! i needed that.. hope your right.. my lurkers arent lurking this week. hope they dont give up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area