Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2009, 03:36 PM

64 posts, read 125,586 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are making a last min trip down on the 24th. He has some interviews plus we want to poke around some more in North Port. What do you think we shouldn't miss. I have never planned such a big move. I am not even sure of everything I should be concerned about looking at. Ugh. I may be 32 but sometimes I still feel like a kid who needs an adult tell me what I should be doing, lol.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 04:40 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,925,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madaly View Post
My husband and I are making a last min trip down on the 24th. He has some interviews plus we want to poke around some more in North Port. What do you think we shouldn't miss. I have never planned such a big move. I am not even sure of everything I should be concerned about looking at. Ugh. I may be 32 but sometimes I still feel like a kid who needs an adult tell me what I should be doing, lol.

Thanks.
North Port is fairly easy to see. You can drive up Toledo Blade over to Price Blvd then down Sumter Blvd to US41 and get a pretty good feel for the town. If you like shopping I would take a spin over to the Port Charlotte Town center Mall and check that out. There are several restaurants as well around that area. That should give you a pretty good idea of how far things are from NP (5 minutes or so).

If you are talking about attractions you should see Mote Marine, Jungle Gardens, Selby Gardens, Ringling Museum, Siesta Key Beach. I would take a day trip and visit Sarasota for sure.

If you get lost call me and I'll give you directions

Old 03-13-2009, 04:46 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,091,177 times
Quote:

Thanks.

You are young enough, that about the only real mistake you can make is not doing anything! Properties are going to be going up, and the deals right now are as good as you can expect. Sales are beginning to pick up here and elsewhere around the country. I think they are being held up artificially high by the government practices that are in place though. Because if they let all the pent up foreclosures hit the market at once everyones equity would go poof! So they are going to have a prolonged slow release of foreclosures which may take a long time to obsorb into the market, but will eventually happen without crashing the market. So if that is the strategy, then property values are stablizing which they are, and will gradually rise over time as the supply dimishes - which it will. But things are going to take a while, so there is time, and you have a good long term out look.

I see SoFLGal just snuck her post in before me. Which is good cuz I can edit my post and give her props for hers! She can be a tremendous help to you if you're looking to purchase - there is no agent more knowledgable or helpful in NP!

Last edited by Big House; 03-13-2009 at 04:49 PM.. Reason: Giving Props to SFG! ;-)

Old 03-13-2009, 04:49 PM

64 posts, read 125,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
North Port is fairly easy to see. You can drive up Toledo Blade over to Price Blvd then down Sumter Blvd to US41 and get a pretty good feel for the town. If you like shopping I would take a spin over to the Port Charlotte Town center Mall and check that out. There are several restaurants as well around that area. That should give you a pretty good idea of how far things are from NP (5 minutes or so).

If you are talking about attractions you should see Mote Marine, Jungle Gardens, Selby Gardens, Ringling Museum, Siesta Key Beach. I would take a day trip and visit Sarasota for sure.

If you get lost call me and I'll give you directions
Thanks! Yeah I was just talking about the town. This isn't really a fun in the sun vaca, its a working trip. We have been down to Sarasota sooo many times, usually 2-3 times a year, we have already BTDT it seems as far as being a tourist goes. lol. We are getting to the nitty gritty now. I guess I just want to see the layout of the town, where things are, library, town hall, schools, shopping, etc. But I wasn't sure if there was anything else I should be concerned about.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:05 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,925,572 times
Quote:
Thanks! Yeah I was just talking about the town. This isn't really a fun in the sun vaca, its a working trip. We have been down to Sarasota sooo many times, usually 2-3 times a year, we have already BTDT it seems as far as being a tourist goes. lol. We are getting to the nitty gritty now. I guess I just want to see the layout of the town, where things are, library, town hall, schools, shopping, etc. But I wasn't sure if there was anything else I should be concerned about.
OK, town hall is off Sumter Blvd and Price Blvd, NP Library is off US 41 and North Port Blvd, Home Depot and Walmart are just before the library on 41 heading north. Not sure what grade schools you are looking for but Heron Creek Middle and North Port High are on West Price Blvd across the street from each other, Lamarque Elementary is off of N Salford, Cranberry Elementary is off off of south Cranberry, Toledo Blade Elementary is off Geranium St near Toledo Blade Blvd, Glen Allen Elementary is over in the Biscayne Blvd area. Then the new middle school Woodlands is over around north Toledo Blade and the brand new elementary school opening next year is on the corner of Atwater and Price.

The new hospital is on south Toledo Blade. You can go to my website and grab my cell and if you can't find something or have any questions you can give me a call. I'd be glad to be of help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area