Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2009, 03:02 PM

425 posts, read 1,104,841 times

Advertisements

its me just tellin ya the DH Tom is down there for the week, he is in North Port and damn I wish I could come down, having some issues here with his parents, but I told him to go down and enjoy, who is down there , Big House you down there, or you back in Maryland? I know SoFlaGal is around, just up the st
hope all is well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2009, 05:05 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,085,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmallie View Post
its me just tellin ya the DH Tom is down there for the week, he is in North Port and damn I wish I could come down, having some issues here with his parents, but I told him to go down and enjoy, who is down there , Big House you down there, or you back in Maryland? I know SoFlaGal is around, just up the st
hope all is well
Yeah, I've been down here. I've been out riding my bicycle, and kayaking. It has been Glorious! We had fun yesterday. As we were about to launch them, all of our neighbors were out checking us out! Sweet! we really looked cool. I just built a floating dock to launch from and make it easier to get out when we've finished. Anyway, I launched first to show my wife how. She centered here kayak, got in, no problem. Everyone had just applauded my successful launch. I clapped and introduced my self to may neighbors accross the canal. Told them I was in charge of comedy! So my wife inched her kayak forward toward the edge of the dock, tipping it slightly, inched a little more, little more, and slid right in - perfect! Shifted to the left, right, left, right and tipped right over - Ker Splash! SOAKED! It was funny! And, good sport as she was, she came up laughing! We went out for a nice two hour trip around the canals.

Today, I went out again. It is so nice here!

Old 04-05-2009, 05:56 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,918,024 times
Hey grandmallie-yup, I'm pretty much always here! We should have another meet up. How long is your husband down for?

Old 04-06-2009, 06:19 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,930,722 times
I have always been convinced I would flip it if I ever tried to kayak. I'm not exactly coordinated.
mrs.cool

Old 04-08-2009, 07:21 PM

301 posts, read 1,153,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Yeah, I've been down here. I've been out riding my bicycle, and kayaking. It has been Glorious! We had fun yesterday. As we were about to launch them, all of our neighbors were out checking us out! Sweet! we really looked cool. I just built a floating dock to launch from and make it easier to get out when we've finished. Anyway, I launched first to show my wife how. She centered here kayak, got in, no problem. Everyone had just applauded my successful launch. I clapped and introduced my self to may neighbors accross the canal. Told them I was in charge of comedy! So my wife inched her kayak forward toward the edge of the dock, tipping it slightly, inched a little more, little more, and slid right in - perfect! Shifted to the left, right, left, right and tipped right over - Ker Splash! SOAKED! It was funny! And, good sport as she was, she came up laughing! We went out for a nice two hour trip around the canals.

Today, I went out again. It is so nice here!
Rub it in, just keep rubbin'

Old 04-08-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvelte View Post
Rub it in, just keep rubbin'
What? I'm just trying to make the best out of what was a difficult situation! LOL Luckily the water was warm!

Old 04-10-2009, 06:47 AM

425 posts, read 1,104,841 times
Default I wanna be down there

its very frustrating when one person is down there and the other has to stay up here and take care of things but thats just the way it is I guess, Tom has worked very hard down there and I want to him to enjoy his time,we are dealing with his eldery parents,his mom is in a nursing home for rehab, her sugar was way over 600 and and she has gone down hill rapidly, his dad is at home and cant really care for himself. Tom has 2 other brothers, older one has helped quite a bit, thank god he is out on wc right now,the younger one is useless, and every thursday (my day off) Im over at the house, doing laundry,doing cat boxes, they have 4, and walking the dog, and making meals for my father in law who doesnt cook, or know how to run a microwave, I get home at 6-7 at night, and then have to take care of my doggies here
Tom bless him wants to get me something ,so he is getting me a Heron statue for out front of our place down there. I thought that was sweet.
We will have alot of decisions to make over the next few months,so I will keep you all up to date.
Damn Damn Damn I dont ever want to get old
enjoy all that nice warm weather down there and keep an eye out fro my friends the Great Blue Herons and the Pelicans.
hey any of you on facebook?

Old 04-11-2009, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmallie View Post
its very frustrating when one person is down there and the other has to stay up here and take care of things but thats just the way it is I guess, Tom has worked very hard down there and I want to him to enjoy his time,we are dealing with his eldery parents,his mom is in a nursing home for rehab, her sugar was way over 600 and and she has gone down hill rapidly, his dad is at home and cant really care for himself. Tom has 2 other brothers, older one has helped quite a bit, thank god he is out on wc right now,the younger one is useless, and every thursday (my day off) Im over at the house, doing laundry,doing cat boxes, they have 4, and walking the dog, and making meals for my father in law who doesnt cook, or know how to run a microwave, I get home at 6-7 at night, and then have to take care of my doggies here
Tom bless him wants to get me something ,so he is getting me a Heron statue for out front of our place down there. I thought that was sweet.
We will have alot of decisions to make over the next few months,so I will keep you all up to date.
Damn Damn Damn I dont ever want to get old
enjoy all that nice warm weather down there and keep an eye out fro my friends the Great Blue Herons and the Pelicans.
hey any of you on facebook?
My neighbor has a statue, about 4 feet tall in front of her house of a white heron - I say its a white heron, because its white . With a statue, I am a little confused how to tell the difference, unless it has the big plume on its head more typical of a blue heron.

I'd ask, how you tell the sex of a male and female heron statue, but people might start asking how much I had to drink, so I won't ask. LOL Plus, someone might actually try to answer, and how much fun would that be? Who know's where those answers that might lead?

I have a facebook account. But, as some frustrated people know, I don't use it. I only post here, because when I was looking for a place here in PGI, I asked a couple questions and got some really great help. Since then, I have made some nice friends here, and have some fun with the banter. I try to offer some help here and there when I can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area