Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2009, 02:27 AM

10 posts, read 76,499 times

Advertisements

Hi,

What is the cost of childcare for a 2 year old in Sarasota? Preferably a daycare center with lots of activities. At the moment I Pay $65 a day in London.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 05:38 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,084,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchBritGirl View Post
Hi,

What is the cost of childcare for a 2 year old in Sarasota? Preferably a daycare center with lots of activities. At the moment I Pay $65 a day in London.
I don't know what the rates are for child care. How much would that work out on an hourly basis if you were to hire baby sitters?

Old 02-27-2009, 06:19 AM

385 posts, read 1,159,106 times
Is the child potty trained? is that equivalent to $65 American dollars week?

Old 02-27-2009, 07:17 AM

$65 is for 1 day in day care centre from 09.00-17.45, she is potty-trained. Child care is very expensive in the UK, a full-time place is over $1600 a month.

We're thinking of moving from England to the USA so I am making spreadsheets with all costs to see if we can afford it.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:59 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,916,680 times
I just made a call to my daughters preschool in North Port(southern Sarasota county). They said that the 2 and 3 year olds are $160 per week from 7:30-5:30, which includes lunch and snacks. Once she's 3 and if she wanted to attend the summer program full time it would be $130 per week from 7:30-5:30. For 3 years and up starting next school year it will be $150 full time.

My daughter goes to the Voluntary Pre-K there and there and there is no charge. The state of Florida will pay for childcare for any child that is 4 years old on or before Sept 1st. The VPK program runs from 8am-11am. If you wanted your child to remain at school after that time you would just pay the difference after 11am. You would have to find a participating child care facility though, not all are on the list. She goes to Achievements Learning Center and we are very pleased.

Hopefully this gives you some figures to work with!

Old 02-27-2009, 08:03 AM

Aww, thanks so much for the info from another parent, that is really helpful.

Obviously the quality of care is paramount but I just wanted an indication of the cost of childcare, .

Thanks for the info, you're fab!

Old 03-01-2009, 01:01 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,930,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
I just made a call to my daughters preschool in North Port(southern Sarasota county). They said that the 2 and 3 year olds are $160 per week from 7:30-5:30, which includes lunch and snacks. Once she's 3 and if she wanted to attend the summer program full time it would be $130 per week from 7:30-5:30. For 3 years and up starting next school year it will be $150 full time.

My daughter goes to the Voluntary Pre-K there and there and there is no charge. The state of Florida will pay for childcare for any child that is 4 years old on or before Sept 1st. The VPK program runs from 8am-11am. If you wanted your child to remain at school after that time you would just pay the difference after 11am. You would have to find a participating child care facility though, not all are on the list. She goes to Achievements Learning Center and we are very pleased.

Hopefully this gives you some figures to work with!
These prices are pretty comparable to here in Wisconsin, at least in the suburbs, that's close to what I was charging at the time I sold my place in '07, they've probably gone up somewhat since then. We had pre-K too, it's getting very popular in Wisconsin. In Madison and Milwaukee the prices are quite a bit higher, and Madison currently has no Pre-K. Teachers union problem. Always remember though, usually you get what you pay for. Child care is not the place to go the cheapest route possible!!

Old 03-02-2009, 12:28 AM

Thanks for the info. I would never ever choose childcare based on price. My daughter is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Here In London I pay the average rate for a childcare centre where my daughter is very, very happy. I do pay over $325 a week though!

Old 08-07-2009, 03:17 AM

7 posts, read 28,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchBritGirl View Post
Hi,

The preschool /childcare center I work at is in Bradenton Little Steps Big STeps and we charge $150 a week for 2 year olds. It is 4 miles from Sarasota/Bradenton airport of Route 41.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area