Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 08:28 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,113,698 times

Advertisements

I believe the Ranola is also downtown - I have heard some good things about that one, too.

Hotel Ranola - A Boutique Hotel in Downtown Sarasota, Florida
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 08:56 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,915,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I believe the Ranola is also downtown - I have heard some good things about that one, too.

Hotel Ranola - A Boutique Hotel in Downtown Sarasota, Florida
That place looks pretty cool! I've never heard of it. I'll have to add it to my list

Old 09-12-2009, 12:57 PM

4 posts, read 10,194 times
Default Hotel Ranola

My wife and I have stayed at Hotel Ranola twice. Last summer and this past summer. The hotel is very clean and modern. It's located right off of Main St and allows you to walk to all the wonderful restaurants and shops. The owners are great.

Sarasota residents have no idea how lucky they are. We have traveled from Tampa to West Palm Beach and no other place in Florida comes close to Sarasota. We are from Philadelphia which is a city full of arts and food and a whole lot more. Sarasota is the only city that comes close to what we are used to. You have an abundance amount of independent shops and restaurants no only located downtown but throughout you little area. My wife who is really into theater wanted to see a play while we were visiting. She was a bit skeptical of the quality of the play but we were both surprised on how good the performance and production was. We were also very impressed with the Ringling Art Museum and see they are building a new museum as well. You are a city that takes your arts seriously. On top of all that you have the best beachesl. My ideal city is one where you can WALK to some shopping, get dinner then walk to the theater or movies and take in a show. After the show go grab a drink or few and listen to some live music. Sarasota has all of that and a whole lot more!

Last edited by londo29; 09-12-2009 at 01:13 PM..

Old 09-12-2009, 06:57 PM

37 posts, read 131,151 times
I just relocated back to Virginia last year from the Sarasota/Bradenton area. I live in the mountains of Virginia now and love the fall here, but I froze this past winter lol. Sarasota is very nice...I worked in downtown Sarasota but lived in Bradenton (East Manatee Co. near Lakewood Ranch). There is a lot to like about the area and I often thought Sarasota was similar to Asheville, NC when I lived there...except a lot warmer. My husband's job was eliminated there. The job market there is REALLY bad though. Only time of the year I didn't enjoy down there was the fall; I enjoy the cooler weather and colors, so come September I tired of the 90 degree weather. But what a fantastic tradeoff - winter and spring are perfect Can't complain about the summers there, because the entire east coast is hot and humid anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area