Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 06:08 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,677,562 times

Advertisements

Every one of those links comes from 1 single website. A pro christian, anti abortion, anti muslim, anti darwin/evolution, pro gun, pro conservative website. I also noticed several derrogitory names thrown around towards other beliefs/faiths. Shocking...

Last edited by PixiStix; 01-05-2010 at 06:23 PM..

Old 01-05-2010, 06:08 PM

455 posts, read 978,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiStix View Post
Spot on & reps to you!

PS.. This thread really needs to be closed. There is no way it will stay on topic. Especially since some christians want to keep interjecting about respecting MY rights., MY religious beliefs, blah blah blah. That is NOT the topic. A piece of advice- Give non christians the same respect you demand & maybe you will get some in return. Otherwise, take it to the christianity forum where everyone will agree with you & give you a little pat on the head.
I agree. All this has really demonstrated is the widespread intolerance in the area. (Maybe in that respect, it's relevant?)

And the "Liberty University" link to JERRY FALLWELL'S school? The master of "hate speech" and called an "agent of intolerance"? The genius who stated 9/11 was "Gods judgment on America's sinful behavior". The intellectual giant who called the Teletubbies Tinky Winky a "homosexual icon". Yea...I'll be sure to take that site seriously.

Last edited by MrsTommy; 01-05-2010 at 06:17 PM..

Old 01-05-2010, 08:26 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,930,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
I believe I heard it's all about profiling and how the least obvious is really the most obvious.
Well, it's been more than 8 years since 9/11 and this hasn't been true yet. I'd say it's time we STARTED profiling, 'cuz that's who's doing the dirty work!! There has not been one instance in 8 years of a 5 year old or a grey haired granny with a bomb!! I think it's time we went with the MOST obvious!!!
mrs.cool

Old 01-05-2010, 08:35 PM

49 posts, read 94,403 times
There have certainly been a number of anti-abortion fanatics that have killed and terrorized over the past few years, perhaps we should profile all those folks.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:48 AM

917 posts, read 2,614,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoolmrcool28 View Post
Well, it's been more than 8 years since 9/11 and this hasn't been true yet. I'd say it's time we STARTED profiling, 'cuz that's who's doing the dirty work!! There has not been one instance in 8 years of a 5 year old or a grey haired granny with a bomb!! I think it's time we went with the MOST obvious!!!
mrs.cool
I wonder if Al-Qaeda would consider it a victory, if we, as Americans, gave up everything we stand for in order to defend ourselves against them?

Old 01-06-2010, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiStix View Post
Every one of those links comes from 1 single website. A pro christian, anti abortion, anti muslim, anti darwin/evolution, pro gun, pro conservative website. I also noticed several derrogitory names thrown around towards other beliefs/faiths. Shocking...
That may be so, I don't know? But that doesn't change the fact that they are TRUE! Mr.Cold

Old 01-06-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTommy View Post
A little reading might go a long way to correct your misconceptions at: FAQs | American Civil Liberties Union Here is ACLU's statement regarding NAMBLA:

"Why did the ACLU represent NAMBLA?
The ACLU of Massachusetts' represented members of NAMBLA because, while the ACLU does not advocate sexual relationships between adults and children, we do advocate robust freedom of speech. This lawsuit struck at the heart of the First Amendment. It is easy to defend freedom of speech when the message is something people find reasonable. The defense of freedom of speech is most critical when the message is one most people reject. For more information about the case, please contact the ACLU of Massachusetts."
So if I yell "FIRE" in a crowded theater or "I have a bomb" in an airport, the ACLU will send atterneys to defend me?? Freedom of speech you know!!! Do they defend The Nazis, Skin heads and the KKK too? Mr.Cold

Old 01-06-2010, 08:20 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,677,562 times
Quote:
That may be so, I don't know? But that doesn't change the fact that they are TRUE! Mr.Cold
Biased "info" with personal opinion thrown in wrapped up in an agenda is not credible info. It's a religious website with an agenda. The info is skewed at best. And again, if you actually read those links, there are plenty of biased, judgmental, bigoted statements thrown around. Go ahead & support that but I won't.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:44 AM

455 posts, read 978,567 times
Quote:
So if I yell "FIRE" in a crowded theater or "I have a bomb" in an airport, the ACLU will send atterneys (sic) to defend me?? Freedom of speech you know!!! Do they defend The Nazis, Skin heads and the KKK too? Mr.Cold
Your "fire" or "bomb" comment does not warrant a reply.

YES, the ACLU has defended some pretty repugnant organizations' right to free speech-just like they have defended Christians and American Military members. I would tell you to go to their site: ACLU.org and read about it but they don't have any pictures on the site.

Last edited by MrsTommy; 01-06-2010 at 10:56 AM..

Old 01-06-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTommy View Post
Your "fire" or "bomb" comment does not warrant a reply.

YES, the ACLU has defended some pretty repugnant organizations' right to free speech-just like they have defended Christians and American Military members. I would tell you to go to their site: ACLU.org and read about it but they don't have any pictures on the site.
Gee, If I go to their web site do you think the information there will be slanted?? And no pictures?? WHAT!! I'd have thought under their definition of liberal they would at least have your happy smiling face

Sorry, I try to get my information from unbiased sources and make up my own mind based on facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area