Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 07:33 AM

162 posts, read 305,940 times

Advertisements

Boy. Some of you can be extremely vicious. I don't think I'll be doing this forum thing anymore. Makes me feel like I could never make a comment without fear of being ripped to shreds. Just reading all this makes me feel bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 07:35 AM

3,464 posts, read 1,897,468 times
[quote=canotwaittilportcharlotte;12397737]Hello all! How are the people? Also people here are rather stupid, horrible drivers, greedy, selfish, ignorant, and this city is filled with addiction driven criminals. quote]

So how are the people???
Decide for yourself, haha...

Old 01-12-2010, 07:35 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,931,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
I really don't see what all the talk is about. You have someone from another country that comes to the US and purchases a personal home (happens all the time). You have someone that happens to like the area and talks favorably about it on City-Data (happens all the time). You have someone that plans on starting a business in the US that is from another company (happens all the time).

Whether the business is a flower shop, house building, shoe store, etc Why does it matter what some other person might be doing with their life? If it doesn't involve me and it's not illegal then I don't care. If starting a business is a requirement of getting a Green Card in this country and that person chooses to want to do that. Why does anyone care? If the US makes this one of their many requirements for entering the country and someone is following the rules I really don't see what the issue is.

Sometimes I feel like one person gets singled out and then it's a pack mentality and everyone jumps in. Maybe I'm totally missing the point but that's how I see it.
SoFlGal kind of stole my thunder! what differance does it make where someone comes from? If he is creating jobs, isn't that what Florida needs the most!! If it results in a "green card" so be it, why do YOU care!! with millions sneeking over the border illegally, we should be applauding folks like The Sunshines!!

My wife and I put everything on the line, including our house to start our biz. We bought the land in town, built the building and then doubled the size a few years later. We had 11 employees who were always payed first and many months we worked for free after the bills were payed. It became very successful after 15 years of hard work, we finally sold it because of unfair government competition.

So if the Sunshine want to go thru the proper channels and all is legal, I say good for them! we need more people like that! and if you think a few posts on a small forum like city-data is going to bring down this massive hord of home buyers and renters, then your nothing short of delusional. Mr.Cool

Old 01-12-2010, 07:37 AM

3,464 posts, read 1,897,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiddles View Post
Boy. Some of you can be extremely vicious. I don't think I'll be doing this forum thing anymore. Makes me feel like I could never make a comment without fear of being ripped to shreds. Just reading all this makes me feel bad.
Don't feel bad...
sometimes people just need to get things off their chest...
nothing wrong with that, iz there...?

Old 01-12-2010, 07:40 AM

1,439 posts, read 2,920,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy-105 View Post
Everybody knows that they are talking to a real-estate professional when they deal with you. Apparently others have not been so forthcoming.

One thing that most of us here agree on (and frequently recommend) is the advice to rent for a while before making a purchase. Well, now we know that some members are planning on having rental properties conveniently available. How nice of them.

One member has made a habit of recommending your services every chance he got. (to the point of being silly) Now people have to wonder if something was expected in return. You've got the (well deserved, I think?) golden reputation, they expect to have houses to rent and sell. Nothing is how it looks on the surface to a newcomer to the forum.

Yes, this is what happened last time my wife and I questioned some of the motives of certain people here.

This is the point...some of you have been missing...

Old 01-12-2010, 07:41 AM

1,087 posts, read 1,947,870 times
Quote:
A newcomer to the forum doesn't stand a chance of getting un-biased opinions when a closely knit group has taken it over in an attempt to attract more people to the area. It's very deceiving and there is nothing "honest" about it.
Quote:
So what if one or two families believed all the hype and moved down here when they shouldn't have?

I agree!

Last edited by chaotix; 01-12-2010 at 08:07 AM..

Old 01-12-2010, 07:46 AM

917 posts, read 2,616,118 times

Last edited by tommy-105; 01-12-2010 at 07:55 AM..

Old 01-12-2010, 07:55 AM

917 posts, read 2,616,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoolmrcool28 View Post
SoFlGal kind of stole my thunder! what differance does it make where someone comes from? If he is creating jobs, isn't that what Florida needs the most!! If it results in a "green card" so be it, why do YOU care!! with millions sneeking over the border illegally, we should be applauding folks like The Sunshines!!

My wife and I put everything on the line, including our house to start our biz. We bought the land in town, built the building and then doubled the size a few years later. We had 11 employees who were always payed first and many months we worked for free after the bills were payed. It became very successful after 15 years of hard work, we finally sold it because of unfair government competition.

So if the Sunshine want to go thru the proper channels and all is legal, I say good for them! we need more people like that! and if you think a few posts on a small forum like city-data is going to bring down this massive hord of home buyers and renters, then your nothing short of delusional. Mr.Cool
So the end justifies the means?

So what if one or two families believed all the hype and moved down here when they shouldn't have?

Of course it a good thing if somebody can buy some of these un finished houses and complete them. I don't think anybody said THAT was wrong.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:56 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,931,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.W.Deering View Post
This is the point...some of you have been missing...
Sooo

Old 01-12-2010, 08:00 AM

162 posts, read 305,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 419gottaminute View Post
Don't feel bad...
sometimes people just need to get things off their chest...
nothing wrong with that, iz there...?
True..just not used the confrontation. I would like get this off my chest tho, co w deering. Why do you keep reminding everyone of your contributions to humankind? Is that not against the spirit of charity. Also, I would bet that any of the people who receive your charity would jump at the chance to do what the sunshines are doing, or any other kind of business venture, if they had the knowhow or opportunity. Unfortunately most of us aren't business savvy so we're stuck in tedious jobs, or without jobs at all. Who cares if they want to rent out a few houses? People who are looking for a rental, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area