Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2010, 11:53 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,946,407 times

Advertisements

Pending home sale numbers increase | HeraldTribune.com

We're seeing things in the $100k or less range fly off the shelves with multiple offers, many of them cash. Things are very, very busy right now. All the other Realtors in the area seem to be pretty busy as well. Here's a clip from the above article-

The housing market is coming back from the winter doldrums.
The number of buyers who agreed to purchase previously occupied homes rose sharply in February, far exceeding expectations, a report said Monday.

That is a sign that a second round of government incentives is pushing buyers to make offers before a deadline at the end of this month. Buyers also may be motivated by worries that mortgage rates will climb later this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 01:55 PM

338 posts, read 1,013,536 times
Glad to hear the good news about sales. Hope our house is next!

Old 04-08-2010, 08:59 AM

1,439 posts, read 2,923,531 times
SoFLGal, do you happen to have a breakdown of the buyers? How many are first time homebuyers, second homes, floppers, and rental investments? I think the percentages of first time homebuyers and snowbirds would give an idea as to how our area is doing in this economy.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:48 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,268,109 times
our is one pending.. let's hope the bank gets off it's wazoo and accepts our offer before June 30th!!!

Old 04-08-2010, 12:01 PM

I’m just going to talk in general terms about a few of my most recent closings.
Duplex in Port Charlotte $29K-investor
Duplex in Port Charlotte $40K-investor
Home in Sarasota to a buyer from up north sold for $110K. They will be permanent residents.
Home in North Port sold to a 1st time home buyer $82K
Home in North Port sold to a 1st time home buyer from up north. Sold for $110K
Home on Longboat Key sold for $530K to a couple moving from out of state. Will be there primary residence.
Home in North Port sold to investors from Canada who will be renting it out.-$125K
Homeowner bought in North Port and will be living there. Moved from out of state-Paid $165K
Investor sold to home in North Port to a buyer who will be using the home as a 2nd home-$85K
Home owner moving from up north to Sarasota. It will be there primary residence $300K.
Investor bought home and sold it to homebuyer in North Port who will be moving down from up north $125K
Canadian investor buying a home in North Port to rent out. $100K
Canadian investor buying a home in North Port to rent out $85K
Sarasota County buying a home in North Port $99K
Buyer moving from California to Port Charlotte and purchasing a home for $165K
2nd home buyer buying a home in North Port for $114K
Home buyer buying in North Port $140K. Will be their primary residence.
1st time home buyer buying in Port Charlotte. Home sold for $19K
2nd home buyer sold to a buyer buying in Deep Creek, it sold for $124K
1st time home buyer bought in North Port. Home sold for $105K
Investor buying duplex in Rotonda for $65
Home sold in Sarasota to a primary resident for $680K
Home sold in Port Charlotte to a primary resident $140K

Old 04-08-2010, 05:50 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,104,945 times
Good Post!

Old 04-08-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Good Post!
Thanks but I used the wrong their not once but twice. My mom, a former English teacher, would not approve. I can already see the red pen coming out. UGH! Don't you hate that when you go back and read an old post and your time has run out to edit it.

As you can see it's all over the board as far as where the buyers are coming from, the prices and if they will be residing here or not.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:09 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,104,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Thanks but I used the wrong their not once but twice. My mom, a former English teacher, would not approve. I can already see the red pen coming out. UGH! Don't you hate that when you go back and read an old post and your time has run out to edit it.

As you can see it's all over the board as far as where the buyers are coming from, the prices and if they will be residing here or not.
Oh! Then never mind!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area