Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2007, 11:07 AM

16 posts, read 56,813 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I would like some feedback on the following neighborhoods:

1. Argyle(Just north of Hunter Army Airfield)
2. Avon Park
3. Oakhurst
4. Highland Park
5. Clearview
6. Area near the Bonaventure Cemetary

Any info you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2007, 07:52 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
That's funny, I'm not familiar with any of those neighborhoods by name except the area near Bonaventure, which is a little spotty as far as quality goes. On the river is expensive, a few blocks away could be a little funky or perfectly nice.

Old 06-30-2007, 05:34 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,184,501 times
I don't know where you got the names of these neighborhoods, but most of them are a little shabby and getting worse. I am sure there are some nice people living there, but I think you can do better. Wait until you get here, I think you said August, spend a lot of time riding around.

If you have been in contact with someone that recomended those areas, get them to give you the names of street that lead into them or border the area. Then, you'll be able to see for yourself.

Old 07-01-2007, 07:40 AM

I got to thinking a little more about those neighborhoods. both Oakhurst and Highland Park have some nice old homes. While the areas nearest the busy traffic street aren't the greatest. It may be worth your while to check them out.

I am guessing that 'north of Bonaventure' would mean the Avondale area. That's a very old section in places. It's the same thing....some good...some bad.

You really need to find out where your wife will be working first. If she has to do any kind of shift work, finding a suitable place nearer the hospital is a must!

Old 07-01-2007, 11:50 AM

Hi Padgett,

Thanks for your response. My wife will be working at Memorial from 7 AM-7 PM in the ER. Any streets you could recommend we take a look at would be great. Thank you.

ASGDRP

Old 07-01-2007, 12:15 PM

That's great!! ER is hard work but a lot more interesting than regular floor duty. There are only one or two apartment complexes near Memorial, but a lot of one family houses. Of course a house means yard upkeep, which can be a problem. Memorial is close to the Truman Parkway which is going to give you easy access to the entire east side of the town.

It's hard to describe the way the city is laid out. Once you come and see, you will understand a bit better. With her early morning start, you could even think about something out in the Islands area. She would miss the worse of the traffic.

Just to throw some names of the nearby neighborhoods, Fairway Oaks, Kesington Park, Blueberry Hill, Silverstone, Bacon Park, Parkview, Ardsley Park.....and many more. All of which would probably have homes in your price range. At the momment, I can't think of any apartment complexes nearby except some duplexes.

Old 07-01-2007, 12:34 PM

Thanks Padgett2,
We would really like to rent a house in the beginning at least. We are tired of apartment living. A duplex would be fine if it boils down to that. We will take a look at the areas you mentioned Thank you.

ASGDRP

Old 07-02-2007, 03:36 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,381,458 times
go look at my post under Isle of Hope. i am an ER RN and i worked at Memorial last year for 8 months and lived on Wilmington Island. short 15-20 min commute. wouldnt live anywhere else, or work anywhere else...so as far as Savannah area goes, i picked the best place to work and live...highly recommend the apt complex i lived at..and trust me, i hate apts-i have always lived in the wide open ranchlands of Texas

Old 07-03-2007, 10:13 PM

Thanks for all of your responses.

ASGDRP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of: