Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 01:52 PM

322 posts, read 586,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
Oh, Gee! Sorry!!! I didn't mean to duplicate. I must have skipped over it. Please try to forgive me!!
Calm down.I wasn't mad,I was just saying that I had already posted that. Its not that big of a deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2013, 02:10 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,707,673 times
"You better not shout, you better not cry Santa Claus is coming to town, He know when you are bad or good..."

Old 11-25-2013, 03:14 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palustris View Post
I checked out their website briefly, and they actually don't have a program for my intended major. Thanks for the suggestion though.

If anyone is still viewing this thread..I have another question about Statesboro, something I didn't even think to ask before. How is crime there? Is it just like any other town? Some parts you avoid at night, be smart, don't leave valuables in your car in plain sight, etc.?

Thanks
What is your major?

Old 12-01-2013, 04:34 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,993,273 times
All I know is, we gave Statesboro the Walmart test and it flunked. The Walmart test (which works anywhere) is you go there and see if the people are relatable. There were also many houses we looked at that were on dirt roads, and we aren't living on a dirt road.

Old 12-01-2013, 06:15 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,707,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
. There were also many houses we looked at that were on dirt roads, and we aren't living on a dirt road.
http://cochise.az.gov/uploadedFiles/.../DirtRoads.pdf

An awful lot of poetry and song have been written about the subject of "dirt roads"

Old 12-02-2013, 12:40 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
GA Southern has a sense of humor:

Georgia Southern Serves Up Gator In Its Dining Halls To Celebrate Last Week's Victory | TFM News

There are "some" dirt roads I know, my son drove into a ditch off one a couple of years back. He was quickly pulled out by a nearby farmer. I think you have to go looking for them though. While definitely a small town, Statesboro is full of asphalt.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:54 PM

21 posts, read 52,508 times
Quote:
All I know is, we gave Statesboro the Walmart test and it flunked. The Walmart test (which works anywhere) is you go there and see if the people are relatable. There were also many houses we looked at that were on dirt roads, and we aren't living on a dirt road.
That sure sounds like a foolproof method... I generally do not shop at Walmart, just try to find another grocery within the locale. It's too bad there's no Publix though. Coming from Florida where there are Publix(s) in every city/town/hammock, I'm ridiculously accustomed to quality grocery stores. There is a BI-LO, and although I haven't been to one, if they are similar to Winn-Dixie (their sister store), then that would be fine.

From what I've read, heard, and researched it seems like Statesboro gets an overall kind of unjust bad rap. I'm gonna be sure to visit the town and GSU beforehand, assuming I'm accepted into their grad school, but it's sounding pretty decent.

Thanks everyone for the comments - this thread was my first ever too.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:57 PM

21 posts, read 52,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
What is your major?
The grad degree I'm applying for is a master's of science in biology. I'm hoping for a career in ecology/environmental science.

Old 12-02-2013, 06:33 PM

779 posts, read 973,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
http://cochise.az.gov/uploadedFiles/.../DirtRoads.pdf

An awful lot of poetry and song have been written about the subject of "dirt roads"
Check with Effingham County how to get industrial waste ash to pave those dirt roads. Run off the side of one of these narrow roads and you will need a wrecker to pull you out and a body shop and an undercarriage and drive train mechanic to fix the rest of the vehicle. Some song titles about ash roads; Take me home ashen road, It looks like ash to me, Moon Surface, what a lovely sight, Take this ash and shove it, etc. Some suitable ash road names would be Moon landing pike, Pock Mark Ave, Ashen Road, Pewter lane, Sapp Drive, Weasel Way, Half Ash Road, ,,

Old 12-03-2013, 09:58 PM

2,508 posts, read 1,848,119 times
Quote:
Some of those dirt roads (S&S Railroad Bed for example) have been paved in last few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area