Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 09:59 AM

1,684 posts, read 3,956,019 times

Advertisements

has anyone tried the new Savannah's Oyster House on Johnny Mercer, Wilmington Island? A neighbor and I keep trying to meet to get over there, but our schedules are crazy....

I find it funny that this restaurant opened within weeks of Uncle Bubba's closing and I never heard anything about a new restaurant opening here on the island..... no "coming soon" signs, no rumors. I have friends that work at the CVS next door and at Ace Hardware, and I'd think someone at either or both would have know about a new restaurant....

Old 06-19-2014, 01:16 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,929,063 times
I've been there and have no plans to go back. It's pretty awful. The service was bad and the food way overpriced and not very good. It's owned and operated by a family who moved here from Louisiana thus the menu is heavy on Cajun and creole seafood items. I've been to Lousiana and had many a fine meal there. This place is pathetic by comparison.

ONE MORE THING: In the short time they've been opened, the Chatham County Health Department has already closed them down once -- during the middle of dinner no less -- for not maintaining proper temps on food. And they also have not been able to obtain a liquor license for some odd reason. When I was there, it was still "under review."

Don't waste your time. But if you do, don't say you weren't warned.

Old 06-19-2014, 03:05 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,707,673 times
Warm and oysters is not a very good combo. I would think the reason lock down on the spot.

Old 06-27-2014, 08:31 AM

1,684 posts, read 3,956,019 times
We finally went and I wasn't impressed. Fancy white table cloths on the 4 tables, then the booths looked very casual. I think there were 4 other tables eating. strange menu selections, and I tried the shrimp and cheese grits.... no cheese in the library paste grits. cheese was melted all over the serving...very bland. My friend had the Catfish and Shrimp etoufee and it was spicy in spots and bland in others. Won't return...

Old 08-09-2014, 10:33 AM

1 posts, read 8,173 times
ok here we go people from the owners of this restaurant to our great customers we here at savannas oyster house has never been shut down nor has had any warm oysters we have been doing business for 35 years with 8 successful rest. this is a man and his wife that was terminated for being drunk when showing up for their shift please ask chatham county this is so so bogus please don't listen or believe what others say sometimes there are also jealous business owners that would do the same thing by posting negative and bogus reviews so we won't be successful we strive to bring you the best possible experiences you could have we have award winning seafood Cajun and 50's music WE HAVE CLASS NO TRASH! thank you for your support p.s yelp just got sued and the customers who report not true accusation. look it up on yahoo. please be cautious when making negative reviews because you can be sued for untrue information on the internet.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:57 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,929,063 times
That does not change the fact that the meal I had at your restaurant was not very good and way overpriced, and the service left much to be desired.

Last edited by Newsboy; 08-09-2014 at 07:13 PM..

Old 08-10-2014, 10:56 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,975,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savannah oyster house View Post
ok here we go people from the owners of this restaurant to our great customers we here at savannas oyster house has never been shut down nor has had any warm oysters we have been doing business for 35 years with 8 successful rest. this is a man and his wife that was terminated for being drunk when showing up for their shift please ask chatham county this is so so bogus please don't listen or believe what others say sometimes there are also jealous business owners that would do the same thing by posting negative and bogus reviews so we won't be successful we strive to bring you the best possible experiences you could have we have award winning seafood Cajun and 50's music WE HAVE CLASS NO TRASH! thank you for your support p.s yelp just got sued and the customers who report not true accusation. look it up on yahoo. please be cautious when making negative reviews because you can be sued for untrue information on the internet.
What IS this run on sentence mumbo jumbo? I almost couldn't understand it.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-20-2015 at 09:48 AM.. Reason: response to deletion

Old 08-11-2014, 06:10 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
What IS this run on sentence mumbo jumbo? I almost couldn't understand it.

If you're trying to make the restaurant look good here, I would certainly leave this part out. It doesn't help at all. Then again, I'm not quite sure I fully understood what was said...
I especially liked his veiled threats about slander followed by accusing a man of unprofessional behavior by name.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:13 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I especially liked his veiled threats about slander followed by accusing a man of unprofessional behavior by name.
And he woke this thread up from the dead, which reminds us that his restaurant has been getting poor reviews.

You can't accuse anyone of slander if they don't like your cooking.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:15 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,707,673 times
There were only two people that posted prior to his rant. One was NB and it was sure as hell not him the owner was referring to. The other was "Little Lou". I check his previous posts and don't believe for a minute this is the man Mr. Rant can be talking about. There aren't any other horses in this race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area