Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 10:43 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,993,273 times

Advertisements

And then, she woke up.....
I just got online to book a round trip to Cincinnati, and the tickets were $224. but the taxes and fees were $125., so for $350. it doesn't seem like much of a bargain anymore. Good, yes, great, no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 05:07 PM

1,987 posts, read 2,110,497 times
I think the new airline is a boon for Ohioans who might want to visit Savannah/Hilton Head, then take a day trip or two beyond, including perhaps Charleston. Savannah/HH/Charleston are destinations. I suspect the airline is banking on OH transplants living in Savannah and Hilton Head, too, and those few Savannahians who have business in Ohio. Otherwise Ohio won't be a big local draw. Philadelphia, NY, Boston, Pittsburgh, Chicago, yes, but not the main cities of Ohio. No one books a flight for $350 R/T to see Akron, Cincy, or Cleveland. Doesn't happen in this world for sure -- maybe in the next.

Old 02-26-2015, 04:10 PM

975 posts, read 1,149,854 times
I knew everyone on Hilton Head was from Ohio! For a long time, it's been a joke, but apparently, it's a statistical fact.

Old 02-26-2015, 08:44 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,924,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalGAGuy View Post
I knew everyone on Hilton Head was from Ohio! For a long time, it's been a joke, but apparently, it's a statistical fact.
Oh, it's fact. Google it. There's even a thread on the Ohio C-D forum about it. The Town of Hilton Head, the Chamber of Commerce ... everybody over there officially acknowledges it. The Island Packet newspaper used to run a column of Ohio news briefs!

Old 02-26-2015, 11:19 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,975,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
The Island Packet newspaper used to run a column of Ohio news briefs!
Hm.. interesting. Did not know that.

Old 03-06-2015, 01:09 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,165,723 times
It seems Savannah/Hilton Head is more popular in Ohio than Allegiant originally thought...
Quote:
Allegiant just last week announced Savannah-Hilton Head International Airport (SAV) as a new seasonal destination from Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG), with flights originally scheduled to end in August.

Flights to the popular Lowcountry and Coastal Empire beach destination will now run through Oct. 11.

“Allegiant has been very pleased with the Cincinnati area’s enthusiastic response to our new Hilton-Head flights,” said Jude Bricker, Allegiant Travel Company senior vice president of planning. “We’re certain local travelers will appreciate the extension of this already-popular service into the fall.”

The new seasonal flights will depart twice weekly beginning May 8 and will now operate until Oct. 11. Flight days, times and the lowest fares can be found only at Allegiant.com.

“We are excited that the demand from the Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky region to the Savannah-Hilton Head region has exceeded Allegiant’s expectations,” said Candace McGraw, CVG Chief Operation Officer. “We know our region values low-cost nonstop travel options and we are proud that CVG provides more flights and destinations than any other airport in the region. We are confident the success of the CVG – Savannah-Hilton Head route will further lead to Allegiant and other carriers adding more destinations in the future.”

Allegiant began service from CVG just over a year ago with four weekly flights to two destinations.
Allegiant to offer more flights to Savannah

Old 03-06-2015, 04:15 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,924,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airforceguy View Post
It seems Savannah/Hilton Head is more popular in Ohio than Allegiant originally thought...

They'll make those flights year-round soon enough.

Old 03-06-2015, 09:16 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,975,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airforceguy View Post

Nice! I guess my skepticism was all for naught. As always, I hope this is here to stay for the long haul.

Old 03-07-2015, 02:54 PM

334 posts, read 626,075 times
my problem is , none of them go to fl. only back and forth. at least one should hop to Orlando or Lauderdale, or tampe? vero beach? now I have to drive two hours to fly to fl . doesn't help me, but happy for Ohio. except for family, I have NO idea why anyone vacations here. the beaches are awful, full of jellyfish... OUCH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area