Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 07:18 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,929,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterclockwise View Post
Lots of Effingham folks shop, dine and work in Pooler.
Well of course they do! It's a lot closer than going all the way into Savannah. In fact, I'd venture to say that much of the growth in Pooler is because of the Effingham connection. Movies, shopping, good restaurants that used to only be on the southside. Plus the airport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 11:30 PM

643 posts, read 846,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by counterclockwise View Post
A good place to get run over is on Pooler Parkway.
You da man.

I've actually been avoiding Pooler ever since the BS speeding ticket I received. Guess without more tax revenue they have to increase speeding ticket quota to help pay for things.

Such a shame Pooler has no real planning for public transport. Just cut more treees. Build more commercial buildings!

Old 06-24-2017, 05:57 AM

4,582 posts, read 8,975,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
You da man.

I've actually been avoiding Pooler ever since the BS speeding ticket I received. Guess without more tax revenue they have to increase speeding ticket quota to help pay for things.

Such a shame Pooler has no real planning for public transport. Just cut more treees. Build more commercial buildings!
The next Gwinnett county-ish suburb, coming to Chatham county! Pooler.

I fly in and out of SAV frequently and I can tell you what it looks like from the air. Still small, but the direction they're going in is like Duluth, GA south.

Old 06-25-2017, 06:14 AM

6,479 posts, read 7,168,045 times
Another article from today's Morning News discussing growth in Pooler.

Quote:
elsewhere in the city, Byrd said, more plans for new homes and businesses are coming to fruition.

Along Jimmy DeLoach Parkway on the north side of Pooler, work continues to add dozens of new homes to the Farm at Morgan Lakes community, and several warehouse proposals are at varying stages in the development process, the city manager said.

On the south side of Pooler Parkway, meanwhile, developers are clearing land for a new assisted living community, and Byrd said he’s met with the buyer of a 240-acre property on the north side of Interstate 16, where a multifamily community with commercial frontage is planned.

City planners have reviewed plans for a few outparcels near Pooler Parkway’s intersection with Pine Barren Road, and Byrd said, new warehouses are planned for Pooler’s side of SH Morgan Parkway.

Construction is well under way for a new Publix supermarket at the entrance to the Savannah Quarters community and land is being cleared for a new development across the parkway. Byrd said he expects the city to see plans for that land in the near future.
Pooler officials report ongoing development on city

Old 06-25-2017, 07:17 AM

779 posts, read 973,227 times
All this development will depend on more Savannah I&D treated river water pumped from Savannah River in Effingham County.

Old 06-25-2017, 12:06 PM

1,987 posts, read 2,111,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
Still small, but the direction they're going in is like Duluth, GA south.
Pooler shouldn't be allowed to annex more areas of the unincorporated county when other Chatham municipalities, including Savannah, can't. If it does, it's corrupt "Old Jawja" politics at its worst.

Old 06-25-2017, 03:43 PM

450 posts, read 462,291 times
Pooler hasn't annexed anything since 2007 except for about 6 acres that are part of Addison Apartments. They deannexed the mega-site to help with development there last year. There is NO ban on annexation in Chatham County. Savannah has annexed thousands of acres out 204 in the last 10 years. They now have property that borders I 16 west of Bloomingdale. Individual Property owners can request annexation if they are adjacent and it can be approved by a city council, Bloomingdale is annexing about 265 acres currently. Populated areas are more difficult as the area being annexed must vote yes AND the city population has to vote yes to accept the property.

Old 06-25-2017, 05:22 PM

Duplicate.

Last edited by masonbauknight; 06-25-2017 at 05:32 PM..

Old 06-25-2017, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Survivor View Post
)Pooler hasn't annexed anything since 2007... There is NO ban on annexation in Chatham County. Savannah has annexed thousands of acres out 204 in the last 10 years. They now have property that borders I 16 west of Bloomingdale. Individual Property owners can request annexation if they are adjacent and it can be approved by a city council, Bloomingdale is annexing about 265 acres currently. Populated areas are more difficult as the area being annexed must vote yes AND the city population has to vote yes to accept the property.
Pooler has plans to extend its territory. Everyone and his grandmother in Bloomingdale knows that. You fail to note that the annexation of populated areas have to be agreed to by the GA legislature and by the unincorporated county government before a GA municipality can put it to referendum. They have allowed it for Pooler but have not allowed it for Savannah since 1978 (almost 40 years ago). I have lots of conspiracy hunches as to why, knowing the CSC (Corrupt State of Chatham) as I do, but let's just say it is a double standard.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:46 AM

2,099 posts, read 2,277,188 times
Right on ya'll. If most people in B-dale support it, ok. I don't think that is popular though. A newspaper with many ads from realtors isn't going to focus on that... I don't care what they do in Pooler any more but I don't want to live in West-Pooler. West Chatham is now like the Ukraine of the county with Pooler as the Russia. I like to see infill generally, especially downtown. I like stores, I am not against development. And Pooler can do whatever it wants. But I will be disappointed if they follow its development methodology. Specifically how the Pooler govt is baldly corrupt. Moving their planning meeting to the day and kicking the residents off it, saying it is more convenient for the developers ugh. I have a feeling many "ItS COoler in Poooler!" people are going to want an undo button on a few things in a few years. Ah well. Maybe they'll carve out some area for parks and open space still yet. Perhaps to mitigate the wetlands they are paving into parking lots at the Savannah Quarters stripmalls. They could do like the County did for the park by the Ogeechee River.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area