Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 07:28 AM

5 posts, read 3,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
When you say “Southbridge” are you also including Berwick? Though technically attached, those of us in Savannah generally consider them separate. Southbridge is a sprawling golf development of large single family homes and no commercial component, while Berwick is a sprawling mixed-use development with homes and apartments at various price points, plus a large (and very nice) commercial center.

Savannah Quarters is likewise a sprawling (and still growing) mixed-use development with neighborhoods on both sides of Pooler Parkway at I-16 (which provides for easier access to much of the greater Savannah area). The commercial component of Savannah Quarters is really just getting underway, with a new Publix recently opened and a HUGE mixed use retail / hotel / entertainment “town center” still in the planning stages (they’ve cleared the land at the SE corner of I-16 and Pooler Parkway edit). Of course, Savannah Quarters is already close to all the big shopping, dining and entertainment options just up the road in the Godley Station area of Pooler.

You are right in that Southbridge is pretty much built out and not likely to change much in the future, while there is lots of acreage still poised for development in Savannah Quarters.

It’s really six of one and half dozen of the other IMO.

We are not including Berwick. We drove through the area. We love how established Southbridge is. One concern with Savannah Quarters is all the homes look alike - very cookie cutter. That is not the case in Southbridge. Thank you for your input - very informative!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2018, 07:30 AM

5 posts, read 3,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Survivor View Post
As you have stated, Southbridge is more established. Savannah Quarters started much slower and has exploded. The whole cradle to grave thing they are working on is excellent. You will be able to buy your hom, grow your family, downsize to a townhome or smaller property in a 55+ community, then move into a independent living situation and finally into a full blown nursing care facility and never leave the overall Savannah Quarters development. The commercial development will be central to the development which I like better and who knows what municipality Southbridge will end up in.

I like the feel of Savannah Quarters better.
Oh wow - we did not know that about Savannah Quarters. Thank you for your input!

Old 03-29-2018, 10:52 AM

50,346 posts, read 63,928,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
Yes....but the 3 guys then do a home invasion after they "check the alarms". BTW did the fact that they were handsome sway you from asking for ID? Furthermore, why are public employees doing private work, even at no charge? I would certainly hope that's not done in SAV.
They all had uniforms on, and ID, and I actually knew one of them, since he visited one Thanksgiving, when I tried to burn the house down.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:37 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,701,408 times
Proud of you! So these guys think you're a "hottie"? I can see it now: "Hey guys let's go check out that hottie in Pooler and check out her alarm system." LOL

Old 03-29-2018, 03:54 PM

50,346 posts, read 63,928,555 times
Quote:
Proud of you! So these guys think you're a "hottie"? I can see it now: "Hey guys let's go check out that hottie in Pooler and check out her alarm system." LOL
I’m sure.

Old 03-29-2018, 03:58 PM

450 posts, read 461,680 times
Quote:
Yes....but the 3 guys then do a home invasion after they "check the alarms". BTW did the fact that they were handsome sway you from asking for ID? Furthermore, why are public employees doing private work, even at no charge? I would certainly hope that's not done in SAV.

They weren't doing private work. They were helping to ensure the safety of the citizens they are sworn to protect. They were all in uniforms and had a large red fire truck with them. They were working with the Red Cross to ensure that homes had working smoke detectors. The Red Cross is doing the same thing with Savannah fire department. They are working through neighborhoods one at a time. The detectors are donated by the Red Cross in hopes that a life can be saved. Quite a few people forget to check them or keep up with the batteries. Both Pooler and Savannah will come to your residence and check your alarms if you call and request it. It is a public service in an attempt to possible save lives, Georgia has a rather high fire fatality rate from fire, over 114 last year alone. There are annually over 3000 people that die nationwide in fires.

The state fire marshals office also donates them to departments to ensure people who can't afford them have them in Operation Safe Home. According to their news release on January 18th, they have donated over 200,000 so far. I glad our area departments are proactive and want to do everything they can to help prevent a fire death.

Old 03-29-2018, 04:31 PM

I assure you I will not in the future post "tongue-in-check" opinions. I'll know better the next time to keep
my humor in check. Sorry

Old 03-29-2018, 09:37 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,913,735 times
Quote:
I assure you I will not in the future post "tongue-in-check" opinions. I'll know better the next time to keep
my humor in check. Sorry
Sarcasm rarely works unless spoken ...

Old 03-30-2018, 04:05 AM

^^^^^^^ +1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of: