Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 10:54 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,579,134 times

Advertisements

Here's a vision of the not-so-distant future:

_Microchips with antennas will be embedded in virtually everything you buy, wear, drive and read, allowing retailers and law enforcement to track consumer items—and, by extension, consumers—wherever they go, from a distance.

_A seamless, global network of electronic "sniffers" will scan radio tags in myriad public settings, identifying people and their tastes instantly so that customized ads, "live spam," may be beamed at them.

[Mod cut: no Breitbart links on this forum]

Last edited by elnina; 08-10-2022 at 01:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 12:55 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,371,225 times
There was a company in Florida that was implanting chips into humans - don't know what came of that. Let's face it, I am waiting for the day I cam communicate by just holding my wrist to my mouth because of an implanted communication device. Or better yet, the device is implanted in my wrist and my ear. Yes, I would actually go for that.

Old 02-03-2008, 07:23 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,741,743 times
Time for an RF shielded concrete home.

Old 08-10-2022, 01:04 AM

61,659 posts, read 87,023,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD59 View Post
Here's a vision of the not-so-distant future:

_Microchips with antennas will be embedded in virtually everything you buy, wear, drive and read, allowing retailers and law enforcement to track consumer items—and, by extension, consumers—wherever they go, from a distance.

_A seamless, global network of electronic "sniffers" will scan radio tags in myriad public settings, identifying people and their tastes instantly so that customized ads, "live spam," may be beamed at them.
It's happening:
A lot of hotels stitch tiny microchips into their towels, robes, pillowcases, cloth napkins and other linens. The LinenTracker chips are currently being used in over 2,000 hotels.
Some luxury clothes brands do the same since 2016. Nothing new.

Thankfully, for now we are safe. There is microchips shortage...

But ..
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-61008730

Last edited by elnina; 08-10-2022 at 02:02 PM..

Old 08-10-2022, 01:57 PM

Continuing its efforts to remake the in-store shopping experience, Amazon is reportedly making a big addition to the number of locations using its Amazon One technology that lets customers pay by scanning their palms for a seamless and magical experience.
The company is said to be deploying Amazon One at another 65 Whole Foods stores in California, The Verge reported Tuesday (Aug. 9) without saying where it got the information.
https://www.pymnts.com/news/retail/2...ds-stores/amp/

Old 08-11-2022, 09:02 PM

3,643 posts, read 1,597,875 times
Once I buy something it's mine to alter if I want and remove parts of it if I want.

Tracking chips in things aren't the problem. It's what they might do if they detect the chip in your devices are not detected.

Will they fine or raise your taxes if they don't detect the chip in your fridge? Or your car? Or your washing machine, dryer, phone, computer, tv, radio... Even your clothing. And yes even in you. It may become inserted at birth. Claiming the data in your 'life chip' can save your life in a medical emergency. And of course if you want insurance.

Of course they will claim the chips prevent theft and deter crime, and prevent power outages, and whatever. And it will be illegal to disable or remove the chips. In things YOU purchased and own. This is why they don't want you OWNING anything. They want you to RENT everything. In this way you are not the owner.

Last edited by james112; 08-11-2022 at 09:16 PM..

Old 08-24-2022, 03:10 AM

164 posts, read 84,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
Once I buy something it's mine to alter if I want and remove parts of it if I want.

Tracking chips in things aren't the problem. It's what they might do if they detect the chip in your devices are not detected.

Will they fine or raise your taxes if they don't detect the chip in your fridge? Or your car? Or your washing machine, dryer, phone, computer, tv, radio... Even your clothing. And yes even in you. It may become inserted at birth. Claiming the data in your 'life chip' can save your life in a medical emergency. And of course if you want insurance.

Of course they will claim the chips prevent theft and deter crime, and prevent power outages, and whatever. And it will be illegal to disable or remove the chips. In things YOU purchased and own. This is why they don't want you OWNING anything. They want you to RENT everything. In this way you are not the owner.
This is all very true! And they might even make the chips in things to sync up automatically with the chip in your smart phone once you purchase it. So that even if you do remove it, too late. It's already downloaded itself into your device somehow.

And yes, babies will be chipped either at birth like a vaccine or before birth during prenatal care, to supposedly keep him from being still born and make him grow healthier or something. Vaccines will probably be in the chip somehow on a time release so the baby only needs one shot and the other programmed vaccines will release at the times kids are due for the vaccine and boosters. They will introduce it for health purposes first, to get people on board with it.

Old 08-27-2022, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Scheidegger View Post

And yes, babies will be chipped either at birth like a vaccine or before birth during prenatal care, to supposedly keep him from being still born and make him grow healthier or something. Vaccines will probably be in the chip somehow on a time release so the baby only needs one shot and the other programmed vaccines will release at the times kids are due for the vaccine and boosters. They will introduce it for health purposes first, to get people on board with it.
Huh??? Will be? When? Where did you found this news?
Post a link to a viable source please, so we all can read about this revelation.

Old 08-27-2022, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post

I lately purchased a piece of garment that had a little thingy attached that said to be removed after purchase.
It was completely sealed but I cut it off and disassembled.
Inside were two very thin metal strips. Could not see if they were somehow programmed (like a credit card magnetic strip) but I suspect they were there for a reason.
See pictures:

Old 08-28-2022, 07:56 AM

164 posts, read 84,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Huh??? Will be? When? Where did you found this news?
Post a link to a viable source please, so we all can read about this revelation.
No, no web site, it's just my idea of where I think things are heading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology