Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 02:06 AM

460 posts, read 3,546,450 times

Advertisements

Didn't know where else to ask this but was wondering if it's possible for someone to see their neighbors inside their house while they're inside their own house by using infrared technology such as IR camera and assuming the houses are situated close together. I've seen that some police and the military have sophisticated + expensive equipment that in effect can see through walls but was wondering if this technology is available for the average person and short of paying several thousand dollars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 08:11 AM

1,398 posts, read 7,703,722 times
I actually have access to that kind of equipment.

It presently exists but still expensive for consumer level.

BTW...put your pants back on....

Old 05-29-2009, 07:42 PM

245 posts, read 765,362 times
I believe that some millimeter wave radar systems can actually "see" through walls, but as JBrown said, they are pretty expensive. Maybe you should just use a flashlight, or in your case... a Fleshlight. Perv...

Old 05-29-2009, 11:24 PM

460 posts, read 3,546,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleestak View Post
I believe that some millimeter wave radar systems can actually "see" through walls, but as JBrown said, they are pretty expensive. Maybe you should just use a flashlight, or in your case... a Fleshlight. Perv...

Why would you assume I'm a 'Perv' Why not paranoid -OR- just interested in knowing about the technology. For crying out loud they sell audio spywear on tv advertising how you can 'listen in on others conversations' and no I don't own one of those but have been concerned with my personal privacy especially when I was living in an apartment that had paper thin walls and neighbors who were a bunch of low-lifes.

So if you really wanted to know I'm actually a little concerned with MY privacy being encroached upon and happen to like to mind my own business so Good Day to you sir, i said, GOOD DAY!!! lol

Old 05-30-2009, 08:57 AM

23,589 posts, read 70,358,767 times
If someone can see through your walls with an IR camera, you have pretty bad insulation. Windows with thin drapes might be another matter.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:08 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,128,114 times
Airport gadgets may be able to see through walls.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:52 AM

1 posts, read 9,593 times
I am rarely heard this kind of technology , i want to purchase it if i go the source .This is very good for capturing the "penetrate" image .I am a big penetrate photography fans ~!
Hope anyone who know make modification willing to pm me .I willing to purchase it but i don't even know how to reach it ...

[url]http://img3.visualizeus.com/thumbs/10/05/01/photography,tea,bag,tea,cup,x,ray-3a7b7483602a3bfb7b1fedbdf640a8fc_m.jpg[/url]
[EMAIL="forexbroker@live.xxx"]forexbroker@live.xxx[/EMAIL]

Old 05-24-2011, 02:44 AM

1 posts, read 9,013 times
Hi Tripod, did you get any solution or good advice? I have the same problem with a guy living in the upper floor. I don't know what he is using but he is allways staying in the same room (living room, kitchen, bathroom etc.) in the flat on the upper floor. He is even moving inside his flat according to my movements....

Old 05-24-2011, 09:28 AM

2,182 posts, read 5,435,954 times
This is one of those things where its not worth the time and energy to worry. If my blinds are halfway open and someone sneaks a peak of me prancing around naked in my apartment, I'll never know anyway so what does it matter to me!

Old 05-24-2011, 10:02 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,099,131 times
One capability of a ceretain type ofspyware that has always intrigued the hell out of me has been those devices where the user can sit in a parked car--or in an apartment window several hundred feet from the window of the person under surveillence is, and, by aiming their "detector" (?) at their window, actually discern the conversation taking place inside the dwelling merely by detecting the minute vibrations of the window glass.
I'm aware that this technology has been around for several years, but still, that stuff just blows my mind. To me this is just as good, if not better, than being able to see through walls!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology