Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2010, 06:23 PM

50 posts, read 48,371 times

Advertisements

Hi. I live in the Phoenix area and am wanting to move out of here so badly.

I am unemployed as of recently - lost 2 jobs in the last 2 years. The 1st was with an investment firm that decided to incorporate a massive layoff because of the unstable market, and the most recent was with a small office I was managing that went belly-up because of the economy.

OK, so much for my troubles and the crappy economy of Phoenix.

I have been to Seattle on vacation a few times and really love the area. I know it's more expensive than many other places including PHX, and I know the climate change will be quite a shock. That's all right because I'm looking for change. Being that I'm tired of Phoenix's killer heat all summer long I think I can even tolerate the gloomy weather that Seattle has in the fall and winter.

What are some good companies in the Seattle area that pay a decent wage? Looking for white-collar finance, banking, investment, or even management if available.

Not expecting anything astronomical, but decent enough for me to afford a small house or apartment in a nice area of town and not struggle too much.

I have a BA in management, lots of experience with accounting and finance, and planning on renewing my Series 7 -63 licenses to trade securities.

I posted a similar thread in the Texas forum so sorry if this sounds repetitive. I am seriously looking for a lifestyle change.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 02:09 AM

52 posts, read 249,643 times
Seattle has a fairly small finance sector (probably somewhat larger than PHX, but not at all like NYC/Boston/Chicago/San Francisco). Banking is pretty much limited to regional offices for US Bank, Chase, Wells, and BofA plus some smaller local banks. Not much in Asset Management - a few local firms and some satellite offices, plus Russell in a few months. Some insurance companies (Safeco is probably the largest).

I suggest you also look outside the traditional Finance sectors. You might have better luck looking into a job with Boeing or with one of the local hospitals, or perhaps with a tech company.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:26 PM

172 posts, read 442,256 times
Check out the bill and melinda gates foundation. they recently had a few finance jobs posted.

Companies that may be of interest:
REI
Boeing
Port of Seattle
Microsoft
Weyerhouser
T-mobile
Alaskan airlines
Russel investments

Old 09-13-2010, 03:30 PM

50 posts, read 48,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch2 View Post
Check out the bill and melinda gates foundation. they recently had a few finance jobs posted.

Companies that may be of interest:
REI
Boeing
Port of Seattle
Microsoft
Weyerhouser
T-mobile
Alaskan airlines
Russel investments
Thank you for the list. That's a good start.

During my upcoming stay in the PNW I will certainly be checking out these companies. I'm somewhat familiar with all of them and very familiar with a few and I know that they appear to be solid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: