Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2010, 06:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,704 times

Advertisements

I found the neighborhoods I want to live in but I am having a heck of a time finding what is for rent in those neighborhoods. Is there a local website that lists more then the leasing offices of the corporate apartment buildings? I tried the seattle times for classified today and was amazed at how small the classified section was. Am I looking in the wrong place or is the rental market really that weak?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2010, 07:14 PM

84 posts, read 289,512 times
Default Census

It depends on what your searching for. People have different definitions of an ideal community, as you know. So, I would say, start with the U.S. Census....it's a bit dated but still very useful. And of course....stay with this forum.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:28 PM

123 posts, read 245,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamme9182 View Post
I found the neighborhoods I want to live in but I am having a heck of a time finding what is for rent in those neighborhoods. Is there a local website that lists more then the leasing offices of the corporate apartment buildings? I tried the seattle times for classified today and was amazed at how small the classified section was. Am I looking in the wrong place or is the rental market really that weak?

I'd use Craiglist/Seattle...the Times is a "shell" of the paper it once was,
particularly in the classified section.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:16 AM

1,292 posts, read 4,706,247 times
Have you tried hotpads.com?

Old 11-15-2010, 10:31 AM

2 posts, read 5,725 times
hi, i'm teralyn, i am also trying to get info on places to live in seattle. i am living with relatives in ft lauderdale for a short time. if you can drop me a line. thanks

Old 11-15-2010, 02:50 PM

14 posts, read 37,876 times
There are plenty of place to rent. As stated above, try Craigslist.org. You can search by neighborhood and price range.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:12 PM

304 posts, read 851,183 times
Don't trust craigslist, especially if you are looking for a place in a nicer area. I tried craigslist when I first decided to move here but I found that there were a lot of bait and switch deals on it. An ad would say $700/month, but when I'd go to the actual property the landlord would tell me that there was a problem, that unit is no longer available, but they have a lovely unit available for $925. After days of falling for bait and switch deals and going to places listed on hotpads that were no longer available when I'd show up, I decided to just drive around and look for rent signs on buildings. That's how I found my apartment, so I have to say that pounding the pavement is the only fool-proof way to find a place here.

If you can't do that, then get one of those apartment guide books and start calling. Ask them what is available today and what the price is, and then go look on the SAME DAY. Get started early in the morning because it can become an all day affair.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:00 AM

253 posts, read 968,179 times
Seattle Property Management Company | Real Property Associates

Old 11-18-2010, 10:27 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,602,568 times
I found a great place in Fremont driving around the neighborhood looking for For Rent signs. It's legwork but good places usually need little advertising.

I'd also start networking and see of you know anyone who knows someone in that neighborhood that may know of a place...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area