Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 09:37 AM

13 posts, read 28,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family0f5 View Post
We lived in Gilbert for 4 years! We loved it. That San Tan mall is lovely. We still travel to Az frequently. Ok, now I am curious. Did you in Seville?
Mercer Island is about 20 mins to the airport. My husband travels weekly too. Sea-Tac is much worse to travel out of than Sky Harbor.

Honestly, tonight he said the commute was wonderful and he wouldn't live anywhere else.

You may also look at Newcastle. They have the Newcastle country club and golf club. Gorgeous views. Very nice. If you do choose Newcastle make sure the house is in the boundary of Issaquah Schools.

Which school dist did your kids attend prior? Higley, Gilbert, or Chandler? I will tell you that the so so schools here are far better than the best down there. However, there are always exceptions. I have found this to be the case anyway.

Pm if you want names of doctors, etc

Are you coming up here to house hunt prior?

My kids are much happier here. Although I miss the sunshine. We have memberships to almost every museum in town and it takes us 15 mins to get to them from Mercer Island. We do live on the N. end, so if you went further south it would add a few more minutes.

I would also suggest Lakemont (zip code 98006). Issaquah Highlands is very nice , but I am not a fan of how close the houses are together.

The Plateau (Issaquah and Sammamish) is great too! Most neighborhoods up there are great and the schools are too.

There is no place in Western Wash as conservative as Gilbert.
In AZ our friends called us the liberals, here we're the conservatives. It's funny how perception plays a role. This hasn't ever been a factor for us. Just an
observation.
It is a small world isn't it? We actually live very close to the San Tan Mall-Jakes Ranch. All of the homes are sigle story, most have basements. I do believe it will be an adjustment to live in a rental house, but we are sooo looking forward to a greener, more liberal area with a better education system than AZ, that we decided to take the plunge.
I am planning on at least one houses hunting trip around mid March to early April. AZ schools will be out at the end of May and we want to get out of the heat as soon as we can
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area