Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2011, 04:10 PM

2 posts, read 3,686 times

Advertisements

Looking for advice from semi/retired Seattleites. I'm mid-60's professional female, left Seattle 3 years ago thinking I wanted to retire in a warm place (Scottsdale). Found I hate extreme heat/sun and extended driving to get anywhere. Am considering moving back if I can ever sell my AZ condo. I'll have to rent this time around, and need to work at least a few hours a week. What's the job market like for seniors? What about temp jobs? How hard is it to find a nice townhouse/house rental if one has savings and good credit but only Social Security as steady income?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 05:05 AM

166 posts, read 443,016 times
My partner is 57 and has been job hunting for over a year now. It's hard to find a job, but the older you are the harder it gets. We live south of Seattle, and I hope she finds a job (assitant/property manager, admin assist) so we can move closer to Seattle, so we can use the the light rail. A lot of townhomes for rent, for sale even. It's almost cheaper to buy now then rent.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:42 PM

2 posts, read 3,686 times
From what I've been reading, it seems much cheaper to rent if you're anywhere close to the city. Any ideas on companies that are favorable toward older workers?

Old 03-25-2011, 05:59 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,158 times
I see many older people driving school buses, shuttle buses and the like. I also see many older people working as driving instructors. Do those jobs pay well? Don't know. Any benefits? Don't know.

But, a job is a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area