Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 10:10 PM

2,064 posts, read 4,435,743 times

Advertisements

ah nice. good pizza is always awesome to have nearby. i don't think i'll be out much at 2am. those days are long gone...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 06:08 PM

38 posts, read 186,037 times
what makes Seattle safer than other cities?? Exactly why? I am curious????

Old 06-24-2012, 09:01 PM

506 posts, read 958,614 times
When I went to school in downtown Seattle, I lived in a dorm in Belltown. Across the street there were some "shady" people but they never seemed violent. I know there were homeless people about the place or people who seemed to be mentally ill (I heard a hospital used to be in proximity of Belltown but it shut down and a lot of the people that used to live there are now on the streets walking around the place (?) but I'm not sure). I wish Seattle would do more to fix the homeless problem and create safe housing for them.

With that said, I liked the urbaness that Belltown had. Close to the water front, downtown area, Seattle Center, and Queen Anne made it a pretty fun place to live. I also liked the unique little cafes, resturants, and bars that lined the streets. In Belltown every street is different, some had homeless people while others don't. You have to look around to see for yourself.

Old 06-25-2012, 12:29 PM

346 posts, read 968,273 times
I went to a Sonics game in 2008 while on a family vacation, and we walked through belltown to get to a bus that was taking us back to the Bremerton Ferry.

Saw a couple of rather large black men posessing a clear garbage bag that had pot plants in it.

Kind of sketchy.

But I didn't feel unsafe walking in the area.

Old 06-25-2012, 01:12 PM

362 posts, read 589,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daroosta7777 View Post
what makes Seattle safer than other cities?? Exactly why? I am curious????
probably because the state allows the right to a concealed gun permit and its a less racist city than most

Chicago is very racist

Old 06-25-2012, 01:23 PM

510 posts, read 889,234 times
I don't think of Belltown as being a mojor crime center, but it seems it gets a lot of random violence in the area. I believe most of it happens after all the bars and clubs let out, and there's plenty of those in the area. Somebody get feelings hurt and combined with alcohol bad thing happen. Seems like a lot of random beatings by a group of thugs or revenge type shootings/stabbings after closing time. The beatings I'm referring to are things like a group of about 5 drunk guys will attack an old guy walking his dog at 3 am and beat him nearly to death.

Old 06-25-2012, 01:39 PM

3 thugs beat up a tuba player google it and the courts gave the thugs under age 18 maybe 2 years in jail

the tuba player died

i dont like seattle

Old 06-25-2012, 01:44 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,874,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Roy Slade View Post
3 thugs beat up a tuba player google it and the courts gave the thugs under age 18 maybe 2 years in jail

the tuba player died
2 years? No, the courts were very generous with those boys, I think they spent only a few months in jail. Of course, one of those boys had no problem getting back in trouble then bragging that he wouldn't really be punished again for whatever crap he does now.

Old 06-25-2012, 03:06 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,345,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
2 years? No, the courts were very generous with those boys, I think they spent only a few months in jail. Of course, one of those boys had no problem getting back in trouble then bragging that he wouldn't really be punished again for whatever crap he does now.
Bringing back to the context, Tuba Man was not attacked in Belltown. It was at 5th and Mercer, the Seattle Center/Lower Queen Anne neighborhood.

Old 07-01-2012, 09:41 AM

how come people buy real estate in a city full of crime and lenient judges?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area