Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 04:43 PM

224 posts, read 405,491 times

Advertisements

I'm promoting interracial dating/marriage.

I personally believe there needs to be more of it, and this is coming from a black woman.

Hell, why not?

I don't discriminate. You like who you like. Do what you like. Handle your businesss. Love who you love!

You could miss out on your true love because of 'fear'. Also, I understand there are just those who have certain preferences. There is nothing wrong with that either.

Just find someone to love and someone to love you!

Old 12-30-2011, 05:28 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOKENFOR View Post
I'm promoting interracial dating/marriage.

I personally believe there needs to be more of it, and this is coming from a black woman.

Hell, why not?

I don't discriminate. You like who you like. Do what you like. Handle your businesss. Love who you love!

You could miss out on your true love because of 'fear'. Also, I understand there are just those who have certain preferences. There is nothing wrong with that either.

Just find someone to love and someone to love you!

there wont be any black men or women left if we keep promoting interracial/dating marriage.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
there wont be any black men or women left if we keep promoting interracial/dating marriage.
Really? Is that your problem with interracial dating? Are you serious?

Well, the answer to that question is "GOOD". Good that there won't be anymore black men or woman, and then maybe we all will become ONE RACE and end up all looking alike.

What is wrong with that?

That is the way I wish it was anyway. We'd have less hate, racism in the world.

I'm all about coming up with whatever ideas that will help promote unity and less racism. I believe interracial dating/marriages bring people outside of their cultural boxes, etc.

We are definitely on two different pages. I can't even imagine that being a concern for me, ever.

I'm all about promoting peace, unity, and LOVE. Interracial dating is just one step toward that.

Maybe I am a bit too 'progressive' in my thoughts for you.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Really? Is that your problem with interracial dating? Are you serious?

Well, the answer to that question is "GOOD". Good that there won't be anymore black men or woman, and then maybe we all will become ONE RACE and end up all looking alike.

What is wrong with that?

That is the way I wish it was anyway. We'd have less hate, racism in the world.

I'm all about coming up with whatever ideas that will help promote unity and less racism. I believe interracial dating/marriages bring people outside of their cultural boxes, etc.

We are definitely on two different pages. I can't even imagine that being a concern for me, ever.

I'm all about promoting peace, unity, and LOVE. Interracial dating is just one step toward that.

Maybe I am a bit too 'progressive' in my thoughts for you.
It's cliche but very true...the world would be so boring if we all looked alike and became one race.

I like looking at the unique differences in ethnic groups...seeing the different skin tones, hair textures, hair colors, eye colors, body types, features & of course cultures...

I'm always online looking at people who live in different parts of the world so I enjoy seeing people who look like me and those who look different from me. I like looking at very darkskin people so I don't want to see them go away.

Besides, we shouldn't have to blend in and become one race in order to cease racism...we should learn to be tolerant and accepting of others who are different...that is what we should do.

and mixing until we are one race will not end racism; because those who are born looking different will be treated unfairly because we never solved the underlying issue which is acceptance and tolerance.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
It's cliche but very true...the world would be so boring if we all looked alike and became one race.

I like looking at the unique differences in ethnic groups...seeing the different skin tones, hair textures, hair colors, eye colors, body types, features & of course cultures...

I'm always online looking at people who live in different parts of the world so I enjoy seeing people who look like me and those who look different from me. I like looking at very darkskin people so I don't want to see them go away.

Besides, we shouldn't have to blend in and become one race in order to cease racism...we should learn to be tolerant and accepting of others who are different...that is what we should do.

and mixing until we are one race will not end racism; because those who are born looking different will be treated unfairly because we never solved the underlying issue which is acceptance and tolerance.
Here is the point I am trying to make:

1. Interracial dating/marriages helps to bring people out of their boxes.
2. Interracial dating/marriages is one ( even if minor ) step towards ending a certain amount of racism/prejudices.
3. Interracial dating/marriages help to promote a certain amount of unity.

As for us all looking alike, of course that will never happen, but I just thought I would say that to make a point about how concerned we are about how 'others' look anyway. ( I'm speaking skin color specifically right now).

(I still say in a 'perfect' world if we all looked alike we'd have no racial issues.)

Of course being different is what makes us all unique, a beautiful thing. I still think that we need to come out of our racial and cultural boxes a lot more.

So, I definitely promote more of it. Absolutely!

Old 12-31-2011, 11:51 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caprigirl12 View Post
I think it comes down to being attractive and not being stereo typically black. I am not PC, I tell it like it is. So, i don't know how that's going to come across but if men don't approach you or become interested in you, it's likely not because of your race. Black or not, I don't think too many men would turn away Beyonce, Zoe Saldana, Kerry Washington or Rihanna. Just saying! It's a lot like asking whats dating like for all white people, or all red heads or short people and I don't think anyone would bother to ask that.
I am also anti-PC. And I dont think race should matter either.
But Im also realistic in that my apparently different experience in life has taught me that actions still speak louder than words. Maybe I missed something, but I dont see white or hispanic men heading out in droves chasing Afro-American women. [not to include mixed women of carribean or hispanic descent.] And It's still uncommon in movies or TV. In my observation, Black men are usually paired with puerto rican or asian women. Anglos are typically paired with caucasian women and the former. But this kind of thing is also subject to regional variables.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Here is the point I am trying to make:

1. Interracial dating/marriages helps to bring people out of their boxes.
2. Interracial dating/marriages is one ( even if minor ) step towards ending a certain amount of racism/prejudices.
3. Interracial dating/marriages help to promote a certain amount of unity.

As for us all looking alike, of course that will never happen, but I just thought I would say that to make a point about how concerned we are about how 'others' look anyway. ( I'm speaking skin color specifically right now).

(I still say in a 'perfect' world if we all looked alike we'd have no racial issues.)

Of course being different is what makes us all unique, a beautiful thing. I still think that we need to come out of our racial and cultural boxes a lot more.

So, I definitely promote more of it. Absolutely!
Okay, I will just disagree with you on this. I think we can learn to accept one another without having to marry and become one.

Interracial marriage does not end racism or prejudice; I've personally known Whites who were married to Black ppl that were still bigots/racist and prejudiced. And black men who were married to White women who loathed black women and the black community. It doesn't change anything

Old 12-31-2011, 05:48 PM

285 posts, read 703,276 times
Interracial dating--and marriage--is more common or accepted in some areas than others. In some places, an interracial couple won't raise any eyebrows. In other places, such couples may be greeted with hostile reactions.

Funny looks from strangers are one thing, but some people may experience problems with friends and family if they date people of other races. That can put a strain on any relationship. In the small city where I live, I've heard so many young white people say that they'll never never never date someone outside their ethnic group let alone date outside their race. I can't help but suspect some of that comes from their families.

So maybe people who ask about race and dating have stories they aren't ready to share.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Okay, I will just disagree with you on this. I think we can learn to accept one another without having to marry and become one.

Interracial marriage does not end racism or prejudice; I've personally known Whites who were married to Black ppl that were still bigots/racist and prejudiced. And black men who were married to White women who loathed black women and the black community. It doesn't change anything

I agree. There are people who are married to 'others' who are still racists, that point I do agree with.

I still believe in interracial dating/marriages no matter what the outcome. We don't know in what ways people are changed for the better from these relationships in the long run though.

I don't think there is ever anything 'negative' about dating outside your race. I still believe the good outweighs the bad, even if WE never see it or believe it.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YtownGuy View Post
Interracial dating--and marriage--is more common or accepted in some areas than others. In some places, an interracial couple won't raise any eyebrows. In other places, such couples may be greeted with hostile reactions.

Funny looks from strangers are one thing, but some people may experience problems with friends and family if they date people of other races. That can put a strain on any relationship. In the small city where I live, I've heard so many young white people say that they'll never never never date someone outside their ethnic group let alone date outside their race. I can't help but suspect some of that comes from their families.

So maybe people who ask about race and dating have stories they aren't ready to share.
I can't imagine not living my life the way I desired due to the opinions of family or friends, I don't care where I live.

If someone does not want to date outside their race, they have that choice. It is all about choice at the end of the day. To each is his own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area