Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 06:41 PM

76 posts, read 258,034 times

Advertisements

OP,

Yeah, pretty much. Even the biggest redneck would go out with Beyonce.

- person with a penis

Old 12-28-2011, 06:56 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,871,819 times
I remember one poster who was black from Va (?)... he just kept asking and asking and asking about race relations and anything related to that. We all would tell him that's something he's not going to have worry about. The poster didn't get it 'til he came here. I can only assume those people will ask because there isn't a huge black culture/community in Seattle and probably they're coming in knowing that they're looking at a completely different way of life. Nothing wrong with wanting to know what to expect.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:11 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Yeah, there are large portions of the country where race is more in the forefront of people's minds (see just about any forum east of or along the Mississippi ).

Seattle, not so much.

Some people just don't understand that, they expect Seattle to be just like where they came from when it comes to that.

Thankfully, it is not.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:12 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
bek dating is not governed by EEOC rules. its my prerogative, sing it .

Old 12-28-2011, 09:03 PM

11 posts, read 38,578 times
I hate when people classify rednecks/southerners as racist. I am from the south. Racist and simple, country, poor, middle class are two different things, one doesn't equal the other. And liberal doesn't = someone completely unbiased and non racist.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:06 PM

11 posts, read 38,578 times
I'm not even promoting IR dating, I'm simply saying some women will attract different men some won't, it has very little to do with race, IMO. I am not naive about how race play a part in society though. I even hate it when I see questions like "Do white girls like Asians?" on yahoo answers, its stupid. No one can answer the question of who will like you or won't :/ There are some Asian men who fair well and some who don't. It's the luck of the draw. Dating is supposed to be fun...not a science.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:39 PM

24 posts, read 53,146 times
I like your point of view Caprigirl12. You are the future, but don't be so naive about the past. Humans are a tribal bunch of idiots. I'm not just talking about the racial divide. It could be as stupid as Aussie's disliking North Americans, Northerners competing with Southerners, Rich stepping on the Poor. You get the picture. But do be very aware that your phenotype is a major visual factor that can elicit a positive or negative reaction by the viewer, just like height, weight, and hair color can factor into first impressions. It's just a fact. I applaud you for seeing past color, but I'm concerned that you seem to imply that physical attractiveness will get you a free pass card in the inter-human dating scene. That may be true when you are young, but later in life, good looks alone may not be enough to sustain a lasting relationship. I certainly hope you are concentrating on developing your cerebral beauty as well as your physical. It sounds as if you are a thinking person, so I'm not too worry in that area. And please, do make a trip to the PNW. I'd would love to read your impression about the area.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:57 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caprigirl12 View Post
I find threads asking about dating according to race to be a bit weird. Simply because my race has not had a negative impact on my dating life. I'm Black.Simply put, I have been approached by non-black (usually white) dudes from the age that I was old enough to date, I think it comes down to being attractive and not being stereo typically black. I am not PC, I tell it like it is. So, i don't know how that's going to come across but if men don't approach you or become interested in you, it's likely not because of your race. Black or not, I don't think too many men would turn away Beyonce, Zoe Saldana, Kerry Washington or Rihanna. Just saying! From my own personal experience, men like women, regardless of color, so long as like I said, you fit a certain mold. This is coming from my own experience. I'm not suggesting that everyone is open to dating interracially, or that issues wouldn't arise, but you wouldn't want to date those people anyhow.

It's a lot like asking whats dating like for all white people, or all red heads or short people and I don't think anyone would bother to ask that.
Well, the average woman black or white does not have beauty on the same level as Beyonce, Zoe Saldana, Kerry Washington or Rihanna. I hate when people make those unfair comparisons when a lot of us are just average women who don't have movie star looks to give us that edge in the dating scene. Not to mention all of the women you mentioned are very lightskinned and mixed looking, so of course they are going to appeal to non-black men because they do not deviate too far from the norm.

Unless you look like a movie star dating for the average darkskin Black woman can be tough which is why so many of us ask race based questions. Maybe some of us have been told by men that the reason we are not dating material is because of our race or skin tone that lead us to ask these questions. Maybe we have been excluded and want to find a place where we are more likely to be accepted. you have to look at it from that perspective

Old 12-29-2011, 10:02 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibound1 View Post
OP,

Yeah, pretty much. Even the biggest redneck would go out with Beyonce.

- person with a penis
Of course he would--she emulates White beauty with the long blonde extensions and light skin tone. However, would he date a black woman with a lot of ethnic features? a west african woman?

Old 12-29-2011, 10:03 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,211,007 times
Race should not still be an issue in this day and time - but it is to a lot of people. I see beautiful girls of all colors that I would love to date if I were dating. In fact, my wonderful wife (of another race) would kick my butt if I tried.

That's OK. I love her to pieces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area