Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 09:53 AM

1 posts, read 4,467 times

Advertisements

Anyone else?
I moved to the South from WA
yankeesofthesouth .com explains...
Where did you move? How is it different?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 12:51 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,705,340 times
I am the opposite for you....wanna switch back?

Old 03-06-2009, 02:38 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,364,433 times
I've lived in Chicago, Lafayette, IN, Cincinnati, St. Louis, Seattle, and for three months on business Phoenix.

All I will say is barring Chicago, Seattle is the best city of the lot. You don't get the boredom and sports focus like you do in St. Louis. You don't get the heat and idiocy of Phoenix, though the women there are much more attractive in my opinion. Cincinnati would potentially be OK, simply because I do not feel I explored enough of the city, and I have friends there.

Seattle has culture if you want it, neighborhood feel, excellent beer, wine, and coffee, you aren't marauded by sports fans (except every weekend during football season, but most of those guys are from the south like Tacoma), the weather in summer and late spring is unbeatable, there's a party every weekend in summer in Seattle Center, and people here value primary education over football. They do in Chicago too, but alas no jobs in what I do there.

Most people hate the weather but I don't. I'm used to grey skies in winter. If anything winter here is better than Chicago or St. Louis because you don't get the biting chill or the heavy snowfall (relative term).

Of course everyone has their thing. Just a matter of perspective I guess.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:16 PM

27 posts, read 62,469 times
I lived there for 10 months and I don't miss it at all. I had fun and met some good people but I thank God every day for getting me the hell out of there.

I've lived in a few different parts of the country and I like everywhere better than Seattle.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:45 PM

553 posts, read 2,332,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchumongo View Post
Anyone else?
I moved to the South from WA
yankeesofthesouth .com explains...
Where did you move? How is it different?
I moved from Sacramento CA to Cary North Carolina. I actually love it here. Probably because there are a lot of Californians living ere so I didn't get hit with the culture shock. I was stationed in Texas (Fort Hood) and know it well. One things fo sho' youz got the best BBQ in the USA!

Old 03-06-2009, 09:12 PM

100 posts, read 306,846 times
I have lived in at least 15-20 different states and Thank you but I chose to stay in Washington. I am glad to hear not everyone loves it as much as me----------------- sure would be crowded!!!!

Old 03-07-2009, 01:59 AM

1,989 posts, read 6,599,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anytownusa View Post
I lived there for 10 months and I don't miss it at all. I had fun and met some good people but I thank God every day for getting me the hell out of there.

I've lived in a few different parts of the country and I like everywhere better than Seattle.
Did God swing by in his hoopty and drive you out to ahyuck ahyuck Tennessee?

Old 03-10-2009, 10:06 AM

177 posts, read 456,821 times
I do miss Seattle as well. I miss the free spirits, awesome food, decent night life, peace, quiet, interracial couples of all kinds, and my Microsoft pay check.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:01 PM

28 posts, read 84,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShrek View Post
I do miss Seattle as well. I miss the free spirits, awesome food, decent night life, peace, quiet, interracial couples of all kinds, and my Microsoft pay check.
Ditto....except the Microsoft paycheck (never had one).

Old 03-10-2009, 07:38 PM

8 posts, read 16,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy View Post
Did God swing by in his hoopty and drive you out to ahyuck ahyuck Tennessee?
This wasn't trolling, just stating an opinion. Way to be hypocritical, toughguy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area